Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Favorite Superhero of All Time

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    They killed him? An he's one of my favorites.
    Just remember the old adage, "Nobody stays dead in comics except Uncle Ben", since he was the reason that Spider-Man became a hero.

That quote used to be, "Nobody stays dead in comics except Uncle Ben and Bucky Barnes", since Bucky's death was why Marvel doesn't have teen sidekicks as POV characters like DC does. But Bucky didn't stay dead. In fact, he's now the new Captain America...

Soft Serve is offline Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They were probably talking about that quote when they promoted him to Capt. America.

Yeah. Becoming Capt. America is a promotion no matter who you used to be.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    They were probably talking about that quote when they promoted him to Capt. America.

Yeah. Becoming Capt. America is a promotion no matter who you used to be.

I personally would rather see Immortus fix all this mess and set Bucky in the assassin's target while returning the real Cap to his fans. After all, after decades of reading comics, I see no other good reason for Bucky Barnes other than to facilitate the original Cap in some way. He was a sidekick in the worst of terms, I feel (Rick Jones made a better Bucky than Bucky, in my eyes) and to suddenly resurrect him and make him Captain America is nowhere near as good a legacy hero coming out into his own as, say Nightwing.

Immortus. Kang. Some various incarnation of him in-between. That's what we need to sort this out...before Disney does and decides to kill Steve Rogers' mom just for the sake of character development.

...but I digress...

Downloads
    Uploads
    My favorite superhero is Spider-Man, pre-OMD, by Marvel Comics.

There were several reasons I enjoyed the character so much, including his relationship to Mary Jane and other supporting cast members and the balance he always tried (with much difficulty) to maintain with his personal and heroic identities.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have to admit, I always had a bit of a fanboy in me for the web head, Spidey, as well as a few of his villians such as Venom and Doc Oc. Overall I think it was probably always my favorite series.

Though I have to admit Kurt Wagner, A.K.A. the incredible Nightcrawler was always close to my heart. I love his ability of teleportation, and the fact he looks so different from normal people, and as such, is an outcast to most people.

To add to the ridiculous super hero thing...
    Aquaman: "come on guys! We can use whales! WHALES!!!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    always been partial to the tick.

SPPOOOONNN!!!
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well ... my favorites have changed with time, but initially I was all about Wolverine - I got into comics with his crucifixion by the Reavers in Australia - that emotional ride they had him on, and the tie to Jubilee sold him to me.

After a while, though, I decided that Captain America's the best, most heroic hero I can imagine. He's got all the moral impetus of say Superman, and not even a fraction of the power ... yet he hangs and bangs with the best of them (mostly on account of the shield - barely). He's the one the heaviest hitters look to for approval - that says plenty about him and the respect he's earned from these guys.

Plus, you just gotta love a guy that can plan and command like him. He's like the MacGuyver of "win" more or less. You give him any situation, and he'll plan it RIGHT THERE to turn the tide.

Batman needs all of this planning time and stuff to be written in most of the time, and it just comes off kind of lame by comparison to me. Cap, on the other hand, get out-classed, but still manages to figure out a way to snatch victory anyway - it's just more impressive to me given the situations I've seen him in and the feats he's accomplished compared to most every other hero out there.

And ... when Marvel shot him, I was devastated. I couldn't believe they let the Captain go out like that. Much happier now that he's returned, but cripes! What a terrible moment in comics that was for me.

On a side note, I love, love, LOVE the Nightwing/Robin/Dick Grayson character almost as much. As a character that's grown, developed, and become his own person - Dick Grayson stands head and shoulders above everyone else. He's awesome!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I loved Captain Britain when I was younger. Still like re-reading the 'Crooked World' storyline ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaspers%27_Warp ) I suppose Spider-man is the 'go back to' character, but the art has ranged from sublime to downright awful, same with the storylines. When John Byrne did Superman I was hooked on that series too. George Perez' run on the Teen Titans another favourite that pulled me in to love that book. I suppose I'm a sucker for well drawn comics, and the love for the character grows from there. After all that, no overall favourite that I've stuck to through thick and thin though if I made a rough list:

Spider-Man (if you had to tie me down to one he'd be it)
    Captain Britain
    Superman (Byrne reboot onwards)
    Batman
    And at various times I've followed/made favourites of:
    Captain America
    Iron Man

Groups:
    Teen Titans
    Justice League
    Avengers
    Defenders

Aside from the early X-Men stuff (pre wolverine) never been a mutant fan.

Downloads
    Uploads

This is my favorite Superhero

The Mighty Paladin
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image..jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	2625
    I tried to insert an animated gif but the file was too big you can see it and download FREE copies of his old comic book at http://crusadergame.books.officelive.com/PALADIN.aspx

Downloads
    Uploads
    You know... I just can't think of a fav. Oh wait. What's my name again?

"A man that carries a cat by the tail learns something that he will learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Spider Woman. Need I say more... and remember, I'm a Lich so she is a superhero for the dark side.

Do a google search. It will all become clear, mmm.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As long as we're raising this thread from the dead, let me mention another honorable mention, Cassie Hack from Hack/Slash. Cassie's essentially an angry goth girl with a gun and a baseball bat (and a hulking sidekick) who hunts down slashers (of the Jason Voorhees and Michael Myers variety) across the U.S.

Granted, she's not "super" in the strictest sense, although part of her talent was inherited ... but, like Batman, that's part of her charm. She's Batman without the wonderful toys, a homeless Batman who lives out of her car and works low-paying temporary jobs just long enough to keep herself and her partner fed and her revolver loaded. She's Batman for the economy of the 21st century.
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sailor Moon. She learns from her mistakes, not just tactically, but ethically as well. She gets by with equal parts compassion and strength. She sticks to her main message, "You are not alone." She wins over those opponents that she can, and doesn't hesitate to deal with those she can't win over. She has a very bright future ahead of her as the eventual ruler of the solar system, and it seems she achieves it through her merits rather than as some destined legacy.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Umiushi View Post
    Sailor Moon.
    And she subverts just about every magical girl trope from previous series, kicking off a second-wave of magical girl tropes. Noteworthy on many levels, indeed~

(Also, she very briefly shared a crush of younger me. Then again, so did the whole Inner Senshi group, as I recall )

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LAST CRUSADER View Post
    Just wanted to mention that my favorite Superhero is still Captain America. Now that Marvel killed him pointlessly, I might never buy another Marvel comic again.
    THEY KILLED CAP?!
    WHO WAS THE FOOL AND I MEAN FOOL WHO DID THIS DUMBASS IDEA!!??
    Sorry I will now get back on topic.
    For me its SpiderMan.

John

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast