Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Favorite Superhero of All Time

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Thor and Daredevil here although I also like Green Arrow.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One who relies on intelligence, science and wit to alter the odds. I cant seem to recall, but wasnt there a great magician in comics from long past, not necesarily a super hero, per say, but powerful enough, just the same.
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 03-21-2009 at 12:52 PM.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth-Amon View Post
    One who relies on intelligence, science and wit to alter the odds. I cant seem to recall, but wasnt there a great magician in comics from long past, not necesarily a super hero, per say, but powerful enough, just the same.
    Dr. Strange, by any chance?
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    Oh, and I never posted my favorite superhero. Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. He kills Goth kids. 'Nuff said.
    Last edited by agoraderek; 03-22-2009 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post
    "well, g'night! dont let the flesh eating demon bed babies bite!!"
    facebook.com/houstonderek

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by agoraderek View Post
    Dr. Strange, by any chance?
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    Oh, and I never posted my favorite superhero. Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. He kills Goth kids. 'Nuff said.
    Yep, i believe Dr. Strange was the one. My favorite comic book anti-hero(or superhero-depending on the perspective) will always be Dracula.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Soft Serve is offline Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by agoraderek View Post

#1: Not a Super Hero
    #2: He doesn't kill JUST Goth Kids. Remember he killed the priest and the priest didn't scream. He kills to feed the "thing" in his house by painting his walls with blood. Also he killed the guy doing that survey which said "Murder, good or bad?" and "Have you ever been murdered?"
    #3: Written by the same writer & illustrator for Invader Zim, Johnen Vasquez. (just a funfact for everyone.)
    #4: Johnny the Homicidal Maniac wins my vote for The Universes Favorite Massive Head Wound Recipient, and Favorite Villan.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    #1: Not a Super Hero
    #2: He doesn't kill JUST Goth Kids. Remember he killed the priest and the priest didn't scream. He kills to feed the "thing" in his house by painting his walls with blood. Also he killed the guy doing that survey which said "Murder, good or bad?" and "Have you ever been murdered?"
    #3: Written by the same writer & illustrator for Invader Zim, Johnen Vasquez. (just a funfact for everyone.)
    #4: Johnny the Homicidal Maniac wins my vote for The Universes Favorite Massive Head Wound Recipient, and Favorite Villan.

#1: He is to me
    #2: I never said he ONLY killed Goth kids, now did I?
    #3: And Filler Bunny!!
    #4: Yes to part one, sub "Hero" for part two.

Side note, the quote you see is JTHM, tucking poor little Squee into bed
    "well, g'night! dont let the flesh eating demon bed babies bite!!"
    facebook.com/houstonderek

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I loved Nail Bunny.

I have a stuffed rabbit my grandmother gave me my first birthday. it's held together by pinws and needles so I named it Nail Bunny.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My favorite hero of all time would have to be the original Captain Marvel (in spite of Billy Batson). There's just something enduring about being embued with the powers of mythical figures that I find cool as all get out. I always thought CM should have been a prime love interest for Wonder Woman in a rebooted DCU. Both characters could be from the Golden Age and be near immortal due to their mystic and mythic origins.

Another reason I always loved Cap was that he could share his power with other people. Captain Marvel, Jr. (aside from having one of the most lame names in comic history) has just as cool with his blue version of the Marvel uniform. And Mary Marvel is just the girl next door with superpowers. Who doesn't like that???

Although I could have done without Grampa Marvel (the powerless git) and Talky Tawny (not to mention the Hillbilly Marvels or the Lieutenant Marvels). But for old-fashioned possibilities ripe for development that were again passed over in many ways, old-school Captain Marvel still is cool. What kid doesn't want to transform into an adult hero who can fly and has mythical attributes??? It was "Make Mine Marvel" in a very different sense.

Although, Adam Strange comes a close second since I just love the Golden Age of sci-fi...and everything AS was all about. Plus what kind of fantasy to have when you get older other than being abducted to another planet that needs you to help revitalize the species???
    Last edited by guardian1968; 10-07-2009 at 12:23 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by guardian1968 View Post
    My favorite hero of all time would have to be the original Captain Marvel (in spite of Billy Batson). There's just something enduring about being embued with the powers of mythical figures that I find cool as all get out. I always thought CM should have been a prime love interest for Wonder Woman in a rebooted DCU. Both characters could be from the Golden Age and be near immortal due to their mystic and mythic origins.

Another reason I always loved Cap was that he could share his power with other people. Captain Marvel, Jr. (aside from having one of the most lame names in comic history) has just as cool with his blue version of the Marvel uniform. And Mary Marvel is just the girl next door with superpowers. Who doesn't like that???

Although I could have done without Grampa Marvel (the powerless git) and Talky Tawny (not to mention the Hillbilly Marvels or the Lieutenant Marvels). But for old-fashioned possibilities ripe for development that were again passed over in many ways, old-school Captain Marvel still is cool. What kid doesn't want to transform into an adult hero who can fly and has mythical attributes??? It was "Make Mine Marvel" in a very different sense.

Although, Adam Strange comes a close second since I just love the Golden Age of sci-fi...and everything AS was all about. Plus what kind of fantasy to have when you get older other than being abducted to another planet that needs you to help revitalize the species???
    Isn't Captain Marvel in the new MK vs. DCU?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no idea...I'm not as drawn to what's being published today because it rehashes something.

I think Cap should have been given a chance to return to his mythical roots without having to revamp him with every Crisis that comes up (oh, Billy Batson is now permanently retired and Jr. is now called Shazam [to get around the legality reasons on why DC can't use the title "Captain Marvel"]).

Other than the overall story of Final Crisis, it just sums up to shaking up the DCU to such an extent that much of the real magic of the comics will be lost along the way for characters who could have enjoyed being represented closer to their true spirits.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ive seen a lot of cartoons that make fun of aquaman as if he can't do anything out of water. They forget that he's super strong and fast, and his underwater telepathy has been used to justify some rather strange feats that have nothing to do with sea life. I have a marine character of my own on COH called Triton. no marine powers because the game doesn't include them but i made his energy blasts look like water and his energy melee look like bubbles on his hands

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I bet your talking about Family Guy or Robot Chicken.

I know Robot Chicken played him off as lonely so he talked to the fish in the fishtank. And Family Guy portrayed him as not even going so far as to get out of the water to help the girl on the beech.

IDK if it counts but I liked Aqualad and Speedy as alternatives to Aquaman and Green Arrow. And Robin better than Batman. I guess I have a sidekick thing?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to mention that my favorite Superhero is still Captain America. Now that Marvel killed him pointlessly, I might never buy another Marvel comic again.
    Last edited by LAST CRUSADER; 10-13-2009 at 05:21 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They killed him? An he's one of my favorites.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For me, it's Superman. Here's an alien on Earth that could sit back and do nothing, but decides to use his extraordinary capabilties. He could easily dominate and oppress the world, yet doesn't. He doesn't even try to rule.

Of course my close second would be Psi-Hawk of Marvel in the mid 80s, from the short run series Psi-Force. The only Marvel series I enjoyed back in my comic collecting days - it had to be DC (primarily), Independents (second), marvel was a snow balls chance in hell of being looked at, but it did happen.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast