Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Favorite Superhero of All Time

Soft Serve is offline Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    There's already a "dead batman" comic where he's suffered old age and fights superman and then kinda dies but has robin (who's a girl for some reason) come back and save him with some chemical mix or something.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My favorite is Supreme from Image comics. He may have been a semi Superman clone, still an awesome comic though. I liked the art direction, storyline, not too bad.

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool

By far, my favorite superhero is The Punisher. Though I'm at odds as to whether he qualifies as an actual superhero (he has no super powers, after all) I do admire his skill, intelligence and determination. When you consider that he maintains these traits even after having his very world ripped from his grasp, it makes him that much more impressive. Some might disagree with his methods, but he's doing what he considers to be the right thing.

Whatever anyone says about the Punisher, one has to consider that a man that skilled, intelligent and determined for a cause is a terrible force to oppose. He has nothing to lose.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Though not comic book, Doc Savage. I used to collect those pulps.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    haha I'd have to say The Flash is my favorite. I loved his personality, and the way he got things done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    banshee-

Hearing that reminds me of one of my fave phrases in a movie... "Malcom X" where he's sitting at the table plotting some crime and the twerp who's the inside man starts trying to demand he's gonna be the leader, Malcom challenges him to russian roulette, puts the gun to his own head pulls the trigger twice then points it at the twerp's head and says "I guess now I owe you two.." the twerp backs down, begging, and malcom says...

"dont never try and cross some one who's got nothing to loose."

later his girlfriend accuses him of palming the round. he shows his girlfriend that there really was a round in the chamber... next one to be fired.

but I dont like the "realistic" punnisher (where he's thinner and always fighting gansters) as much as the more comic/super hero version. but both have that mean spirited dark comedy I just love though. I also liked how they used him in cival war... the way he tricked capt. america and killed the supervillians who wanted to join up. friggin awesome.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My top 3 would be as follows:

1. Supes
    2. Mogo
    3. Starman (Ted, of course)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I kinda have to agree to disagree here LOL. I mean, I like the comicbook Punisher, but when I saw the Dolph Lundgren movie version, I liked the comic book more! I thought that Dolph played the role too cornily if that's even a word. There was very little sense of realism. However, when I saw what Thomas Jane brought to the role, I think I went over to the "new" movie version of the Punisher. It might have helped that Rebecca Romjin Stamos was HOT in that movie, I don't know. It did seem more plausible though, so I liked it. My favorite part is the scene where the fat dude, the skinny dude and Rebecca are dancing and singing while cooking dinner all the while Frank is getting his @ss BEAT across the hall by the big Russian dude. I laughed my @ss off!

Downloads
    Uploads
    that fight scene was taken from the comic, and yeah it was one of my fave fight scenes from any movie of all time... another would be the final fight scene from fight club "whoah woah woah... your shooting a gun, at your invisible friend, who happens to be standing in front of a van filled with nitro glycerine!"

punnisher luv.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't get over fight club... If Brad Pitt playing the role of Tyler Durden counts as being a super hero, then I'll go with that.

He was an imaginary being who started an underground terrorist organization. I mean come on. Magneto is imaginary and he practically did that very same thing...

Downloads
    Uploads
    wait... how did imaginary magneto start a real ilfe terrorist org? are you talking about that hardcore transhumanist movement... "The Promethians" or the other one I think their called "transtopians"???

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fight Club was definitely a good pic. Odd, but good. Though it's totally off the subject, I also liked American Psycho... "I was probably returning some video tapes." LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some of my favorite superheroes come from amateur fiction, too.

Perfect Jones, the gadgeteer/martial artist baseline girl who has a collection of stuffed rabbits that discuss her plans with her, from http://www.starharbornights.com/

Jade Sinclair, the 14 year old who looks 11 at most, who can animate objects with copies of herself then regain all the copies' experiences when they return to her, from http://www.crystalhall.org/

Actually, Crystal Hall / Whateley Academy has a ton of my favorite superheroes...

Sometimes the cheesiest cliches are the most fun to play. After all, how do you think they became so cliche?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know if they would really qualify as "favorites", but there are quite a few heroes and villains that I am very fond of from the Mutants & Masterminds RPG and, more specifically, the Freedom City setting.

I have a soft spot for Dr. Metropolis, Raven and also most members of the Allies of Freedom (Human Tank, Gunner, Lady Celtic and Sarge Shrapnel primarily).

Freedom City is the best supers campaign setting that I've come across thus far. Many of the characters are homages to other established supers but the whole package is done up with such a sense of love and respect for comic books. And then they've got people like Ramon Perez and Darren Calvert doing frequent artwork for it and that elevates it to awesomeness!
    Last edited by Webhead; 12-30-2008 at 01:34 PM.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Captain America.
    But if they ever make a Captain Catholic I'll drop the Avenger and love the Crusader

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast