Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marvel versus DC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    [quote=Law Dog;94759]
    Here is the breakdown with the victors first.

Batman did beat Captain America which I believe is a legitimate extension of Batman's "power" of "I have everything so planned out, you lose!"
    From what I recall, it was only when Captain America 'fell down into the sewers' that Batman really trumped him.
    Bat's ability to 'hide in shadows and darkness' was simply more 'powerful' then Cap could deal with.
    More 'sheer luck' then having planned it out. And then Bats carried Cap out of the Sewers, not letting him die.
    At the end of Amalgim, these two stood between the "Cosmic Brothers" and caused them to realize that they "could be one of many, but always unique".

Silver Surfer fairly easily beat Kyle Rayner. I don't believe that the fight would've been quite so one sided if it was Hal Jordan behind the ring.
    I agree. But that's why they had Kyle fight Surfer, because the vote went to Surfer instead of Lantern.

Storm and Wolverine beating Wonder Woman and Lobo are not real likely. It was only because the fights were decided by fan voting.
    Personally, I disagreed with Storm vs Wonder Woman.
    They both had a fair deal of power, but all of Wonder Woman's are in her armbands and her Golden Lasso. All of Storm's power are a natural part of her. And the both have a lot of combat experience. Storm beat Claistra for leadership of the Morlocks, after all. Single handed and with no powers being allowed to augment their abilities. in point of fact, Storm figured out that she could have easily won the battle, but was honorable enough to not use her powers against Wonder Woman.
    Which is what gave Diana the victory, IMHO.

Yes, Superman would cream Hulk. Superman (even post crisis Superman), just has too many power. Unless you're going to pull some cheese and say that Marvel Universe Gamma Radiation is along the same frequency as DC Universe Kryptonite, Superman is going to win.
    While Superman has a lot of powers, most of them are ineffective against the Hulk.
    Heat vision? "Bah!"
    Cold Breath? "Hulk Smash out!!"
    Super Speed? "Hulk Ambush!!"
    Super Strong? "Hulk Strongest of them ALL!!"
    Super Smart? It was Banner-Hulk that Superman fought.
    This was supposed to put Hulk at the same 'overall' power level as Superman.

This is where their concepts should have simply had the two of them fighting even to this day - had it not been for Hulk's need to constantly breath.

But Banner does not have the combat experience of the Hulk to rely on, and so Superman tricks him into getting mad enough to leap into the air after him, and then sufficates him into unconsiousness.

I'd have to give Namor the victory over Aquaman.
    I agree. I really don't know why Aquaman won the Votes.
    He's the lamest of all the Justice League. Even the "Wonder Twins" got an upgrade that made them less 'pathetic', trumping Aquaman.
    I mean, come on - half the things that happen are not anywhere near water, much less the Ocean. And Namor can walk around in the Sahara Desert and not lose an ounce of 'power'.

Flash vs Quicksilver is a joke.
    Yes. Flash won by more Reader Votes.
    Had more 'endurance' I think was their explaination.

Thor vs Captain Marvel, I'm thinking a little close to call. Yes, Thor has the battle experience, but CM is stronger and tougher.
    Captain Marvel and Thor fought to a standstill, and CM reverted back to 'Human'. Thor noted that he used lightning to convert between the two forms and said "I have power over all the aspects of storms. Therefore, I can just deny you the ability to revert back." But when Thor went to do that, it knocked them both cold. Thor was the least 'hurt' - and therefore the winner. Shortly afterwards is when Wonder Woman finds and picks up Mjolnir - and then returns it when Thor comes looking for it. Much to Thor's surprise, needless to say.

The one that I thought was silly was Iceman vs Killer Frost.
    They were both equally powerful, and should have stalemated.
    I forget how Iceman won that battle...
    Last edited by DragonDM; 07-16-2009 at 06:13 PM.
    Underestimate No One.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Of the two big ones I prefer Marvel. But I prefer classic Wildstorm & Topcow best.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think the question is valid anymore...they both kind of suck these days for different reasons. Too many continuities or reasons why so-and-so went off the deep end or returned from the grave (i.e. they were actually an alien / they were from the previous universe or whatever reality you want to blame).

I have hope, however, for PROJECT SUPERPOWERS. I'm glad someone else got a hold of certain Golden Age characters other than Bill Black...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonDM View Post
    They both had a fair deal of power, but all of Wonder Woman's are in her armbands and her Golden Lasso.
    Not true. In most if not all continuities, Wonder Woman also has superstrength (at one point she tore a U.S. Army tank apart with her bare hands in just one panel) and superspeed. She also can either fly (Modern Age) or glide on wind currents (Silver Age and Bronze Age). As the Silver Age became the Bronze Age, Wonder Woman demonstrated superstrength near the level of a Kryptonian, able to handle Power Girl on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by guardian1968 View Post
    I have hope, however, for PROJECT SUPERPOWERS. I'm glad someone else got a hold of certain Golden Age characters other than Bill Black...
    What do you think of the series thus far?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just so you know, this is DCH by Mayfair using the expnential system, which means a Str of 2 which can lift100 lb and is average human, is half of str 3
    Superman has a Str of 25

WONDER WOMAN (post-Crisis)
    DEX: 13 STR: 16 BODY: 13
    INT: 9 WILL: 12 MIND: 10
    INFL: 10 AURA: 9 SPIRIT: 10
    INITIATIVE: 36 HERO POINTS: 150 Source: 2nd Edition Roster Book
    POWERS:
    Directional Hearing: 4,
    Flight: 14,
    Running: 7 (running means only running so not necessarily super speed),
    Telescopic Vision: 3,
    Swimming: 6
    SKILLS:
    Acrobatics: 11,
    Animal Handling: 8,
    Charisma (Persuasion): 12,
    Martial Artist: 12,
    Military Science (Tracking): 10,
    Weaponry: 13

ADVANTAGES:
    Area Knowledge (Themyscira);
    Attractive;
    Connections: Superman (High), Themyscira (High), Gods of Olympus (Low), United Nations (Low), US Army (Low);
    Iron Nerves;
    Lightning Reflexes;
    Scholar (ancient Greek and Themysciran languages, Greek mythology)

DRAWBACKS:
    Public Identity; Misc.: Diana still does not fully understand the world outside Paradise Island; Misc.: Diana's RV against Physical Killing Combat is 4, but she may use her Martial Artist Skill to augment it as normal
    EQUIPMENT: Lasso of Truth [STR: 15, BODY: 35, Control: 15, Animal Control: 15] Limitations: Animal Control may only be used to ward off beasts; Control only allows Diana to force a lassoed target to tell the truth or to sleep. The Lasso is 4 APs long.
    BRACELETS [BODY: 30]
    SANDALS OF HERMES [STR: 8, BODY: 8, Teleportation: 23] Limitation: The Sandals can only transport their wearer to Paradise Island and back.
    Tiara [BODY: 12, EV: 7, Gliding: 1] Misc. Drawback: Diana automatically enters Killing Combat if she throws her razor sharp Tiara at a living target.
    ALTER EGO: Princess Diana of Themyscira
    MOTIVATION: Upholding the Good
    WEALTH: 5

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by magic-rhyme View Post
    What do you think of the series thus far?
    I like PROJECT: SUPERPOWERS a lot. I think it's fairly original in its presentation of the characters, the history and the way the characters are being handled is a breath of fresh air. I feel that the P:S universe could offer more than the "big two" if given a chance.

I particularly love how the Green Lama is depicted. He's so much cooler than Bill Black ever made him. I look forward to reading the second part of the P:S story when I get the chance. This is so much more fun reading than an obligatory Crisis or a Civil War that was decades too late.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123