Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Complete listing of Sci-Fi/Futuristic games

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I stand pleasantly educated. Thank you kindly

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't notice any of these:

Centauri Knights
    Chi Chian
    Dream Park
    Expendables
    Fates Worse Than Death
    GURPS Cyberworld
    GURPS Terradyne
    GURPS Uplift
    Orbit
    Last edited by TAROT; 01-12-2008 at 09:39 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

steampunkness

Quote Originally Posted by Nord_drache View Post
    I guess you might consider them that as they show Time Travel, travel to the moon and undersea journeys in a sci fi light while using Victorian / pre-Victorian technology.
    I believe this is some of the basis of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - with all of the period scifi technology.
    mmmmmm......steampunk *pets clockwork fish*

on That note, check this place out. This guy builds steampunkish/clockworky gadgets... like Laptops. Beautiful, exquisite, and if you like this genre, you will adore these pics he has on his site of his projects. His victorian-techno-savvy names for his gadgets are pretty funny, too.

http://www.datamancer.net/

and this site is pretty good, too...
    http://www.brassgoggles.co.uk/brassgoggles/

And here is a SteamPunk faq page, along the lines of what this fine Vic-punker has already stated...
    http://www.brassgoggles.co.uk/brassgoggles/?page_id=18

Cheers,
    ~Sevryn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Has anybody seen the anime Steamboy? It is one of my favorite depictions of a Steam Punk universe ever.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gdmcbride View Post
    I see one of my personal darlings missing:

Blue Planet (by Fantasy Flight Games)

Others:
    2300 AD
    Teenagers from Outer Space

Gary
    i've actually played teenagers from outer space. more or less the first anime rpg ever. ^^ quite amusing. i was bummed to lose my ufo, however, even if i could teleport.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dark Heresy RPG (the new Warhammer 40k rpg)
    Severan Lawbringer

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Has anybody checked out Apocalypse 2500 its a new future fantasy with high tech and magic together. It runs on the RPG percentile system (its new)
    The game is available at www.apocalypse2500.com
    Just wondered if anybody has checked it out I know you can download the core rules
    Last edited by whatiswhat; 04-11-2010 at 02:22 PM. Reason: fix old link

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by whatiswhat View Post
    Has anybody checked out Apocalypse 2500 its a new future fantasy with high tech and magic together. It runs on the RPG percentile system (its new)
    The game is available at www.swordandsigil.com
    Just wondered if anybody has checked it out I know you can download the core rules
    Never saw this one either... interesting maybe.

It is some time in the early 26th century AD according to the old world calendar. However most alive now call it the 4th century AV, denoting 400 years after the opening of the vortex. Much has changed in the world since scientists unwittingly and abruptly ended the era of steady logical scientific human progress. Earth is now a place of science and magic, of humans living side by side with aliens, mutants, and creatures of legendary origin. This is the world Of APOCalypse 2500 a new R.P.G. from the mind that brought your The Virtual Magicians. Drive a hover car and do battle with a dragon in the land of dwarfs. Explore the strange new super continent of Neo-Pangaea or sail the Pan Pacific ocean some 13,000 miles across. Become a feudal lord and command an army of mythical beasts armed with plasma rifles. It is all possible in this exciting new world where magic and legend has returned to humankind's future.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by whatiswhat View Post
    The game is available at www.swordandsigil.com
    I don't know, this sounds like a Rifts knock off to me? Just in another system ?!?!

Just goes to prove if its a good unique idea it won't be unique given enough time.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nord_drache View Post
    I don't know, this sounds like a Rifts knock off to me? Just in another system ?!?!

Just goes to prove if its a good unique idea it won't be unique given enough time.
    Actually its a vary different than rifts, but some of the rifts shortcomings is what inspired me to write it; as I did originally set out to write a personal RIFTS supplement. However APOCalypse 2500 has mutated as I have written it to be very different than RIFTS or any other game I am aware of as it evolved into a unique world and rules system to a 200 + page main rule book. I have spent a good deal of time in explaining my technology and magical theories as I tend to be a good story teller. You can read the opening story on the website. I am toying with the idea of writing a novel to go more in depth into how the world got to the state it is in the game.
    Last edited by whatiswhat; 04-11-2010 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Fix old link

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Impressive list. I saved it for future reference. If i had to list my favorite 2, they would be Gamma World and Traveller. Yes or course, there are others.

Thoth-Amon

Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent list! However my own games were somewhat mashed together. You have listed "Cold War & FTL Now" and "Cold Space." FTL Now is the sequel game to Cold Space, set in the same alt.universe but further forward in time - Cold Space set from 1949-1989, and FTL Now from 1990-now. A lot of people, including myself, refer to them as one whole - i.e. Cold Space/FTL Now - but they are technically separate games.

You may want to add to the list my Sweet Chariot 2 game. While Steampunk, it is set in the very far future on a very different world - in the StarCluster universe, in fact. People from space-faring cultures visit from time to time.

Technically, my Book of Jalan is also SF, and also set in the StarCluster universe, but it plays like fantasy, so I wouldn't bother.

-clash
    clash bowley * Flying Mice Games - an Imprint of Better Mousetrap Games
    Flying Mice home page: http://jalan.flyingmice.com/flyingmice.html
    StarCluster 2 * Sweet Chariot 2 * Book of Jalan * Forward... to Adventure!
    Blood Games II RPG * Cold Space RPG * FTL Now * In Harm's Way * Aces In Spades * Aces And Angels * Wild Blue

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylon View Post
    Human Occupied Landfill

Gotta love the HOL. How could you not love a game with skills like:

Making Sharp Things Go Through Soft Things That Scream and Bleed
    and
    Whining Until You Get What You Want

Classic bloody humor.
    I looked it up on wikipedia. I LOVE what I see. Do you play this regularly?

Supporters tend to argue with me that roleplaying is separate from the system and can be strongly supported in any game. I always encourage them to write a history for their iron token in monopoly and discuss the motivations for passing go.
    - Engar

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234