Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Crossing genres - Page 3
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crossing genres

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I am thinking of doing some sort of "mirrors" campaign in which the PCs go from one setting to another (via mirrors, perhaps).

I ran a Dungeons and Dragons/World War II crossover game once. I used a lot of stuff from the Deadlands D20 book to help define modern classes and stuff. For example, one of the characters was a gypsy who was a Rogue/Expert/Maverick/Thief-Acrobat. I've thought about restarting it, since the game ended up degenerating rapidly. (I didn't have Weird World War at the time, so I had to do everything without that book.)

Sometimes I'll use something defined in one genre and apply it to another. For example, I might use a science fiction alien race in a D&D game, decked out with archaic equipment if an NPC race. Or I might use a D&D monster type as an alien race in a science fiction game. In fact, recently I was pouring through the Pathfinder Bestiary II thinking of ways to use the monsters in a science fiction setting.

Another idea I'm working on is using the 4th Edition Dungeons and Dragons rules to define a campaign set on Mars 2,000 years in the future, reflavoring everything as psionics.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ideas are where you get them. I recast animals as SF races, using the broad behavioral norms and building a society around that. I'll often disguise the looks however. Copping a race from fantasy or another game is the easy way. I like easy.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123