Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

View Poll Results: What d20 Modern or OGL settings and rules do you use?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Homebrew Modern (incl. Horror)

22 30.14%
  • Homebrew Future

5 6.85%
  • Homebrew Past (incl. Fantasy)

12 16.44%
  • Dark Matter

3 4.11%
  • Star*Drive

1 1.37%
  • Media tie-in: Star Wars, Babylon 5, Stargate, Star Trek, etc.

5 6.85%
  • Gamma World

2 2.74%
  • Mongoose OGL books

1 1.37%
  • Spycraft

7 9.59%
  • Other (please explain)

15 20.55%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite d20 Settings

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    hehehe...no problem.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I created my own d20 modern setting its part modern part future pl 6.5 basically heres the supplemental

tell me what ya think?

D20 Modern: First Contact
    The year is 2100 and the world is a completely different place. The raping of the environment due to Global warming has ushered in a revamped Jurassic age where temperatures rarely drop lower than the high 60's. Many scientists of the twenty-first century thought global warming would destroy life as we know it as temperatures rise uncontrollably but the new climate has created a lush growth all over the world. Deserts suddenly became plains lands, plains became light forests, and forests became full out lush jungles. The jungles of the twenty-first century are now a new breed of climate the nearly impassable “Super Jungle”. This new direction of ecosystem has dramatically changed civilization due to the eager and forced move to improved renewable resources in the twenty-second century.
    The wanton use of fossil fuels and non-renewable resources has long been dead. Scientists and corporations evolved to basic renewable resources such as solar, geo-thermal, wind, wave, and the in some instances even simple compressed air machines. This new energy output brought with it new corporations dealing entirely with advancing technology. Think tanks designed to push society into the new unchartered technologies. One of the corporations, Kaku Inc. made the discovery that would forever change the world in the year 2052, Fusion energy. The new advancement allowed society to completely remove itself from expendable energy sources. The advancements created vehicles and power production methods requiring no fueling, expending no waste product, and that could run nearly for an unlimited amount of time. This new advancement would thrust society into a new arena of political governing body, the mega-corporation.
    In the year 2060, just 8 years after society accepted fusion technology, Kaku Inc. made a bold move and attempted to overthrow a governmental body. The world as we knew it would be thrust into a new type of world war. The nations of the world allied against the corporations, but would ultimately fail in their endeavor lacking the resources and technological advancement of the mega-corporations mercenary shock troops. In the aftermath of “The Corporation Wars” the nations of the old earth were disbanded and a new form of government were established where the lines between “citizen” and “employee” were completely blurred. People lived in societies founded, based around, and governed by the corporation for which they work for. Fearing rebellion, corporate hostility, and ultimate self destruction the corporations all signed treaties disbanding the major military forces of the old world powers and instead making new corporations whose mercenary war fighting services were sold to all available corporations who could afford them.
    Imagine being able to fight for any cause merely for the sake of payment. Being above the law, nay being THE law as hired by the corporation in the area where you choose to live and work. The only down side would be that you would be at the mercy and will of the major corporation which hires you. The leading military corporation is Sicario Inc. they are known for their technological advancements as well as their ability to field most any kind of military, law enforcement, or investigative force. From the simplest task to the most complex military campaign Sicario Inc. can conduct simple investigation missions, out right counter-interdictions, and full out military assualts for the right price.
    As an Employee of Sicario Inc. you are organized into regiments, the regiments are further broken down into companies, companies into platoons, and platoons into teams. Each unit is used and deployed based on the contract Sicario Inc. is hired for. AS an example if Sicario were to be hired for a large scale assault the entire regimental force you belong to may be moved out and deployed to an engagement theater. The company is very protective of its employees and all employees are injected with a nano-technology package up being hired and successfully completing a training mission. The nano-package consists of a communications colony, a bio-monitoring colony, and of course the localized GPGAN access and control module. Represent us well soldier.
    “Sicario Inc. your all-purpose military solutions firm.”

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its not earth shattering or revolutionary, but a nice little set up for a game. The mega-corp military outfit can be a good backdrop for all sorts of adventure.

I wish more people liked d20 modern/future, all my games have been fun while using it.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I went with Homebrew Future as Homebrew Space is my setting of choice. I'm not one for modern campaigns at all. Past, Future, Alternate Timeline, or Alternate Reality/Dimensions/Planes are all I'm interested in pursuing. I play games to be transported to other existences in my mind, not to play under extraordinary circumstances in modern times

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i was very happy to see the release of the star frontiers races in d20 future. d20 star frontiers has to be my vote! =D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Was Star Frontiers really that good? Your the first to mention it and I've done A LOT of space RPG research lately. If it is worth checking out, what do you like about it? What sets it apart from the competition?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    probably whom i played with, and the fact that it was my first rpg actually playing with someone. i had read copious amounts of rpg and talked incessantly about it, causing my mom to worry i was going over to the dark side for a while... but had never at that point played in a real session before. then a friend of mine set me up with sf0 and it was great! natsukashii dayo!

it's actually rather clunky and came with a bunch of little punchout tiles for your pieces. it was rather amusing to have the character tiles be the same size as hovervan tiles, or dinocat tiles, or even starship tiles! the fact that it uses the metric system lent an extra scifi feel to it, but made estimating distances rather a pain! the tech was medium-to-light complex with a decent assortment of gear available, it was simple enough to be up and ready in a relatively short amount of time so that you could get on with starhopping to strange new worlds and explore!

another thing that appealed to me was the whole lost terra thing implied in the text. alpha dawn (the first boxed set) had everything you needed to get up and running. knight hawks had more tech, more adventures, and best of all, starship construction rules! (see nero's streamlined custom version for best results) some of the other expansions covered cybernetics and psionics. all in all, it fit very nicely with my ideal of "rough frontier exploration among ancient alien civilizations and ruins" for science-fiction that i had developed from a young age, courtesy of andre norton. =D

but it's feel was great, and the potential was there, if you were willing to do a little tinkering. after all, who wouldn't want to be a dralasite, or a vrusk, or a yazirian? and explore other planets? and find lost artifacts? alien civilizations? sign up as a bounty hunter? poke the thieves guild one in the eye? and then run for your lives? great fun!
    Last edited by nijineko; 01-06-2008 at 12:25 AM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Star Frontiers was my first foray into space. It will always hold a special place in my heart. Most of it could be converted to d20 modern/future rules. I have borrowed several things from it for my games and run several of the adventures. Next time I will try to type it up on my computer for mass consumption. Look at all this great stuff!

http://www.starfrontiers.com/modules/
    Last edited by rabkala; 01-06-2008 at 01:10 AM. Reason: link

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone interested in a Star*Drive conversion to D20? Some good stuff out there for that setting as well.

http://starforge.motime.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the extended info nijineko. Thank you for the links rabkala. While were on the subject of space games, has anybody here played Star Fleet Battles, Space Opera, or Spacemaster? Again if you have, where they any good?

Downloads
    Uploads
    iv'e only brushed to surface on d20 modern looking at more so ill post more when i get more books. decent so far tho.
    A true warrior flexes like water, burns like fire, endures like earth, and floats like the wind. With Honor, Compassion, and Loyalty A true Warrior will Prevail over all that stands in his way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwyrm View Post
    iv'e only brushed to surface on d20 modern looking at more so ill post more when i get more books. decent so far tho.
    I really dig d20 Modern. I love the concept of each of the six Basic classes being based off of one of the six Attributes. I am running an Urban Arcana campaign and it's been going great.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sidewinder. So I'm not into westerns or d20 but I like Sidewinder so that says something

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you got a link to Sidewinder? I couldn't find a wiki for it. I googled it real quick but couldn't find the product page from the company who makes.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Playing: Pathfinder
    Running: infrequent VtM game

"I'm beautifully hideous!" - Sven the Nosferatu

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast