Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Lurking for a while now....
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Lurking for a while now....

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Lurking for a while now....

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hello Everyone!

Been lurking for a while now. Figure it's about time I posted.

I started off playing D&D in the early-mid '80s when they were in the old boxes. Those days people really looked at you strange if you brought up D&D like you were worshipping Satan and were going to commit suicide. Switched to playing Robotech in '86 when that came out. College years I didn't role-play much and then moved. Started playing Rifts last year and got a good group together. We break it up with CoC and other games.

-Mike

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
    I started off playing D&D in the early-mid '80s when they were in the old boxes. Those days people really looked at you strange if you brought up D&D like you were worshipping Satan and were going to commit suicide.
    Ah yes... the good ole days... D&D and GLAM!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome Snuffy

I'm totally remembering the Satan looks from the bible belters back in the 80's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
    I started off playing D&D in the early-mid '80s when they were in the old boxes. Those days people really looked at you strange if you brought up D&D like you were worshipping Satan and were going to commit suicide.
    Hi Snuffy ; I'll never forget some of the words a few people exchanged with me when I told them I was considering playing D&D way back in the day. The sheer amount of ignorant words coming out of those peoples mouths were astounding. "You'll get possessed by the devil if you play that game." ect ect ect... I told my mom I wanted to play it and she said "Go for it, some of the parents and teachers where I work play it and are looking for a rogue... whatever that is." I couldn't help but find that somewhat ironic
    "If you are flamable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedburg

"If you find you are falling into madness -- dive." -Malkavian Proverb

Swords don't need reloading... that's why I am a melee fan .

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm reminded of the imafamous Chick Tract "Dark Dungeons." So quotable (A favorite amongst some of my friends is "But I don't want to be Elfstar, I want to be Debbie!" I also wondered why my GM was holding out on me when my cleric rewached 8th level. WHy didn't I ever get to learn real magic?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We were pretty lucky. Most of us were involved in the catholic church at the time and would go to mass on saturday nights. One of the players was a altar boy and Father Ron allowed us to play in the rectory after mass.

It kept the demons and satan from possessing us.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL. Aye, I remember that one as well. Utter garbage. I don't know how they could expect to print stuff like that and keep any credibility whatsoever.

But, hey, if any of you need any extra minis...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0046_07.gif 
Views:	81 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	29   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0046_08.gif 
Views:	74 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	30  
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Man, I never could get that spell to work right!! I'd cast it on my mom, and all she'd buy me was socks and khaki pants!

I must learn the Satanic ways of Elfstar!!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's sad though, even in the 21st century, there's still those fanatics still out there that preach the evils of using your mind. I'll be glad if humanity ever moves beyond superstition. But I doubt it'll ever happen. Even in the 31st century some kid's going to be singled out for playing a 'satanic' game and labeled 'evil'.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Moritz View Post
    It's sad though, even in the 21st century, there's still those fanatics still out there that preach the evils of using your mind. I'll be glad if humanity ever moves beyond superstition. But I doubt it'll ever happen. Even in the 31st century some kid's going to be singled out for playing a 'satanic' game and labeled 'evil'.
    That's human nature for you. Heck, look at what happens anywhere in the world over the color of someone's skin!

I'm not sure what it'll take or even if we'll ever mature enough as a race to grow beyond those kinds of things! Maybe if we end up getting attacked by some aliens, ala Independence Day!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They'd wipe us out. Cause there's no way in hell that some Mac is gonna communicate with an alien computer and upload a virus that will lead to the destruction of the aliens.

I'm actually surprised no aliens have wiped us out yet, just out of principle and to keep us from screwing up space like we've done here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They'd wipe us out. Cause there's no way in hell that some Mac is gonna communicate with an alien computer and upload a virus that will lead to the destruction of the aliens.

I'm actually surprised no aliens have wiped us out yet, just out of principle and to keep us from screwing up space like we've done here.
    It won't be a Mac that'll save us, it'll be a bunch of kids on an X-Box. One day we'll have a kid who knows that the enemy's gate is down.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ala the Day the World Stood Still?
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime