Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Found an interesting game

Downloads
    Uploads

Found an interesting game

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Found an interesting new game (new to me at least) called Esoterrorist. Here's the link to it's webpage http://dyingearth.com/gumshoe/esoterrorists/index.html sounds cool to me from what I've read, kinda reminds me of the X files. Here's a brief description of it (got it from the webpage)

"You are elite investigators combating the plots of the Esoterrorists, a loose affiliation of occult terrorists intent on tearing the fabric of the world. "

I'm seriously considering getting this book, I just don't know who would play it with me.

This one sounds interesting too... http://dyingearth.com/gumshoe/fearitself/index.html
    here's info on it... Fear Itself plunges ordinary people into a disturbing contemporary world of madness and violence. Players take the roles of regular folks much like themselves, who are inexorably drawn into confrontation with the creatures of the Outer Black, an unearthly realm of alien menace. With or without its distinctive mythology, GMs can use it to replicate the shudders and shocks of the horror genre in both film and literature

Hope somebody likes these games aside from myself
    Last edited by Rain_Spider_08; 07-26-2007 at 11:09 PM. Reason: found another game...
    "If you are flamable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedburg

"If you find you are falling into madness -- dive." -Malkavian Proverb

Swords don't need reloading... that's why I am a melee fan .

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I own the Esoterrorists, but I was kind of disappointed by it. It's a thin book with a larger than normal font; the "Esoterror" background is somewhat sketchy.

The system itself amounts to three basic concepts:

1. Roll 1d6 to match or beat a difficulty factor from 2-8 set by the GM (according to guidelines).
    2. Skill levels represent points you can expend once per session to modify a relevant die roll.
    3. Investigative skills don't use a die roll, but expending those points uncovers more information.
    It's an lightweight system built explicitly around Concept #3, that investigative skills represent how much information you discover, not whether you discover it at all. Still, it didn't seem worth $20 to me.

Maybe "Fear, Itself" has more meat to it.
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)