Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: What bloodlines in VtR do you love or detest the most?

Downloads
    Uploads

What bloodlines in VtR do you love or detest the most?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    There are alot of Vampire the Requiem Bloodlines books, at the moment of this post there is "the hidden", "the legendary", and "the chosen". There are also bloodlines available in many of the covenent books, as well as a few in the main Vampire the Requiem Book. I was wondering which bloodlines anybody found particularly annoying or praise-worthy? Personally I'm a fan of the....

Bohagande= A Gangrel Bloodline that can steal luck from others and use it themselves.

Oberlochs = small town Gangrel bloodline that barely, if at all, know about other vampires. But are a fearsome foe none-the-less.

Carnival = a Daeva Bloodline that for lack of better word, is comprised of promising candidates of a Freak show who eventually gain the ability to "absorb" another vampire into their bodies to create a sort of conjoined twin.

Galloi = a Nosferatu bloodline that has the ability to become "beautiful" via bloodbaths, of their own blood. Their quote is "With Blood I bring you beauty."

Gethsemani = a Nosferatu bloodline thats "religous ways" make even the Lancea Sanctum uneasy (and do their best to make sure they don't rise to power) their own personal discipline is called "Stigmatica" enough said...

Khaibit = a Mekhet Bloodline that's pretty much the Lasombra from VtM reincarnated.

Morothrophians = a Nosferatu bloodline that make insane asylums, hospitals, prisons, and the like their lair. Who also seem more monsterous than their regular clanmates. (Just by reading their info, makes never having to spend the night in a hospital my new goal in life ::shudder:: )

Qedeshah = a Mekhet bloodline comprised of entirely women (any men embraced suffer terribly and die). Who have a very strong Maternal instinct and tend to take other vampires under their wing.

I don't have any Covenent books or the new Bloodlines the Choosen book which is the only reason I don't have more favorites (scary huh? lol )

I do however have a strong dislike for a Mekhet bloodline called the "Players" (how much does anybody want to bet that this was a fan-made bloodline?) who "uphold the pop-culture aspect of vampires." (Why does something tell me they are the dodge-ball targets of vampire-dom?)
    Last edited by Rain_Spider_08; 07-30-2007 at 03:32 PM. Reason: forgot a fav bloodline
    "If you are flamable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedburg

"If you find you are falling into madness -- dive." -Malkavian Proverb

Swords don't need reloading... that's why I am a melee fan .

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hate Malkovians... because I still call them Malkavians by mistake.
    I love the Moroi (sp?)

& BTW - My understanding is that only Bloodlines the Chosen has bloodlines made by fans and it is full of fan made bloodlines only

ronpyatt is offline Dallas Organizer & Admin Golden d20 Award
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm having fun playing a Galloi. Strength and terrible beauty feels like a power play on par with legendary vampire stories.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MortonStromgal View Post
    I hate Malkovians... because I still call them Malkavians by mistake.
    I love the Moroi (sp?)

& BTW - My understanding is that only Bloodlines the Chosen has bloodlines made by fans and it is full of fan made bloodlines only
    Well WoD came up with the bloodline names and a brief idea on what they are. But they did hold a contest for the fans to where they could broaden upon the idea of the bloodlines. Which I thought was cool for the fans that won but bad for everybody else a majority of it was... lacking.
    "If you are flamable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedburg

"If you find you are falling into madness -- dive." -Malkavian Proverb

Swords don't need reloading... that's why I am a melee fan .