Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Space Opera/Fantasy PBP Needs Players!

Downloads
    Uploads

Space Opera/Fantasy PBP Needs Players!

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I am currently running (just started, really) a play-by-web game using custom software. I can use a lot more players. The current few players could use some allies, or at least people who are pointing there guns roughly in the same direction as they are.

The players are on board the largest passenger liner in Imperial space, the Evergreen. In fact, the largest ship in Imperial space. This ship is over 10 miles long and currently houses about 2 million sentient beings (this count is only an estimate because the stowaways down-under are resistant to being counted).

There is every amenity available on a cruise line, for a price of course...

This is set in a Traveler-inspired universe (other inspirations in include H.P. Lovecraft, EE Doc Smith, and various comics and movies). It started out as a mental exercise to try to figure out why the Traveler rules had such bad computers. I made a few connections, and I figured out one possibility.

Think of this as a Space Opera type of campaign with other elements added. The Evergreen probably has the largest population of spies per capita than any other place in the Imperium, including the Imperial Court. Put that together with a lot of fringe groups who are on board because the Evergreen is heading towards the outer edge of the Imperium right near the Empty Reaches...

I use rules only so that I know about what a character is capable of. I use Tri Stat and run the game as cinematically as possible given the web. I expect players to check in at least daily during busy moments (such as fighting for their lives) but otherwise three to four times a week is fine.

To define a character, read the glossary and some of the discussions at http://enerd.ws/gt/ (user and password = "guest") and send me a private message here. Or sometimes I'm on Yahoo Messenger (NerdBirdYM); my hours are strange. For example, it's 7am and I don't expect to get to sleep for a short nap until 8 or so.

The power levels of the characters can vary from above average to somewhat less than post-human. Players are allowed no cybernetic enhancements (unless they can come up with a good rationale despite me not being able to tell them the real reason).

Have a good day!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello! If you’re still looking for someone, I’d like to join! I’m very new to the RPG scene if that’s alright.