Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100 dollar dungeon

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

100 dollar dungeon

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    In a local gaming store, there's a book that is priced at 100 dollars. It comes with a huge set of maps and for all intents and purposes, is a module. It takes the characters from level 1 to level 18 if they successfully navigate through. I was wondering if anyone else had seen this book and remembered what it was called.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't imagine an RPG book that I'd pay $100 for.

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    Someone else here mentioned Ptolus... is that it?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nah, didn't have that fancy of a name, it was just one huge hard bound D&D book that was devoted to the dungeon. Module like

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you may be referring to the World's Largest Dungeon. There are some customer reviews on the Amazon page, and I also found a review at RPG.net that gives some more feedback. If you don't want to drop $100 for it, you might also check eBay. Right now, you might be able to get it for as little as $50.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh heck yeah, that's what I was looking for, thanks Farcaster.

So I'm thinking about buying it because I'm thinking about starting another D&D3.5 game...... This dang forum has gotten me all nostalgic for D&D again and even though I've started a Marvel Supers game, I may just change channels.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so I read the reviews. And have decided that if I buy this book, it'll be from half priced books for like 10 bucks. /if/ i can find it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've looked this over, it's ok. Better to buy Rappan Athuk Reloaded, it's 3.5 updated. I believe world's largest dungeon is only 3.0.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What about Ptolus? It's pretty massive and has it's own built in campaign from what I understand.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farcaster View Post
    What about Ptolus? It's pretty massive and has it's own built in campaign from what I understand.

Nah, wouldn't pay the $120 or so that thing costs either, even if it is 1,000 pages or so.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    isn't gary gygax like george lucas? original creation great, but anything afterwards is just nutso?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farcaster View Post
    I think you may be referring to the World's Largest Dungeon. There are some customer reviews on the Amazon page, and I also found a review at RPG.net that gives some more feedback. If you don't want to drop $100 for it, you might also check eBay. Right now, you might be able to get it for as little as $50.

Copies are on Ebay for 30-35 bucks pretty regularly. I picked up mine for about that. I'm currently waiting for the Worlds Largest City to show up there... its also about 100 bucks in stores and appears equally as map/info intense.

Anybody seen a review on that one yet?

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up World's Largest City

If you like the idea of the World's Largest Dungeon but actually want to roleplay instead of jusy going from room to room killing things, you should check out World's Largest City. It has enough to take you from 1 to 20, 30 if you do EVERYTHING. And it provides enough leeway to really get your own story going and stuff. It comes with a huge set of maps, I laminated them all and we hung them up it was at least a 8ft x 6ft area. It has a lot to offer and enough open endedness that a DM can really go to town with it. I think it was 100$ as well, but you can find it cheaper, maybe 60-70.

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    Worlds Largest City

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! The Wizard Council of Alderac is hereby looking for adventurers to travel to the World's Largest City and help restore order to it's many and varied streets! The Wizard Council of Alderac has had reports of tourists in the World's Largest City disappearing in the night, and it is believed that they may have fallen prey to the Thieves Guild...or maybe the undead running amok in the sewers...or rogue wizards and secret societies...the list goes on and on. Nothing but pure adventure and intrigue* awaits all those who venture to the World's Largest City! (*The Wizard Guild of Alderac makes no claims on possible treasures to be found, but does impose a 25% treasure finding tax on all those leaving the World's Largest City). Following in the rather large footsteps of the World's Largest Dungeon, the World's Largest City presents a fully detailed fantasy city which covers 16 full-color maps and will keep your players occupied for a whole campaign's-worth of adventure!

The single most amazing aspect of this book is the incredible consistency with which it creates such tributes to shame on each and every page. Indeed the writing skill and style of this text is what we have come to expect from barely literate blue-green algae.

In this book you will not find any world information, overarching plot lines, maps of interior spaces, logic, or reason. Things you will find include special paper designed to absorb the blood and tears of the reader, shallow and stereotypical NPC descriptions with levels chosen to be more extreme than a Mountain Dew commercial, the explicit and sadistically detailed location of every single coin and magic item in the city at all times, and monotonous page art so bleak it would scare the cast of Orwell's 1984.

Editing and formatting problems serve to enhance the books profane aura. Lines of text are occasionally wrapped to the left and right of images for maximum seizure induction and grammatical errors can be found decorating the text with staggering frequency. While a few worthy pieces of art may be found by those adventurous enough to read the entire unholy tome they are on average exceedingly poor and placed in locations which I may only assume make sense in some non-euclidean alternate universe.

On the plus side the book functions as a fairly effective bludgeoning weapon. Also the feeling of joy and liberation one feels when putting down the book is akin to being freed from the Spanish inquisition.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm guessing that's your editorial on the product underneath Ed?
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast