Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 220

Thread: Noblesse Oblige [REIGN/FREEFORM]

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    34
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    The straw dummy in Reinsbach's courtyard was full of arrows, and hacked nearly to bits. And still the Graf swore and cussed and worked out his tensions on the thing late into the night, sweat dripping from his brow. The cool night air chilled him nearly to the bone as he slowly came to a rest, and a smile spread across his now flushed features as the man who had been standing to one side appeared instantly with a towel and a small tumbler of fine whiskey. Reinsbach took both, first taking a long appreciative draw from the tumbler and smacking his lips in pleasure then reaching up to wipe away the results of a fine hour's work.

    "We barely have the coin to fund our armies, let alone entertain a King. And we still have the road to build, and these raiders to deal with. Lord above, how does the man expect us to "properly" house him?" An exasperated sigh escaped Gerhold before he could stop it, and he slumped.

    "I expect we shall find a way, milord. We did before this new King, when Pictia cared not about where the horses came from and only that they received them, and we shall do so again. Perhaps the local nobles and the traders could be convinced to offer up some funds in exchange for future tax breaks...?" The diminutive man was standing near enough to his Graf to take the towel and tumbler when he finished with them, and carried on thoughtfully. "And the raiders provide excellent training opportunities without causing a war if we stop them, which ought to be of some help with our own men so woefully inexperienced."

    Swirling the last of the whiskey in his tumbler with a slightly mournful expression, Gerhold von Reinsbach nodded in response without looking back up. "You are right,Ælfrēd. As always. Your suggestions are solid ones, and I'd like you to write them down so I may take action on them in the morning. For now, I've worked up enough of a sweat for a hot soak and then a good rest."

    "Of course, milord." The servant nodded, and silently departed with the towel, leaving his Graf alone with his thoughts and whiskey.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    34
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    [[ How might one acquire temporary raises? Would I need to roll something to convince the locals to help fund the King's stay? ]]

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    93
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    ((generally speaking, temporary raises happen either the turn before (IE, you're getting resources ready and so on) or you get them via news events. any further questions, contact me directly.))

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    34
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Graf Reinsbach attempts to cajole enough local nobility and merchants to fund the King's stay and put him up in a comfortable manor for the duration.

    *Rolling Territory + Influence*
    * The Bear rolls some dice *


    While doing this, he orders a small group of Knights out under the leadership of one Ritter Sigismund in an attempt to put a stop to the Khaganate's raiders, or to at least diminish the impact they will have on Reinerath's lands.

    *Rolling Might (Ground) + Sovereignty*
    * The Bear rolls some dice *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    12-12-2017 01:40 PM
    The Bear rolls some dice: 4d10 (6,5,2,10 = 23)
    The Bear rolls some dice: 4d10 (6,8,4,6 = 24)

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    93
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    roll = [2x6]: opposed by [2x4] -- Ritter Sigismund reports: "We managed to capture one of the enemy, sire. He was a cagey son of a *****, but we got Dagrol kut-kut, the turnkey to work 'is magic knots. If you think he's good for it, I thought you might like to question 'im."
    [Khaganate did not damage reinerath this month.]

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Burnaby
    Posts
    33
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    It is time to put money where my mouth is....

    *Airgead supplies 1 might (naval), 1 might (ground), 2 wealth, 2 sovereignty to assist in construction of the road.*

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    West Vancouver
    Posts
    11
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    *Rabensbuhl supplies 1 might (ground), 1 wealth, and 1 territory to assist in construction of the road.*

    Let's get this done.
    King Valtin I Szatkowski, Graf of Rabensbuhl

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    22
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    *The Knights-Vigilant commit 1 Influence and 1 Sovereignty to the construction of a post office.*
    *The Knights-Vigilant commit 3 territory to the construction of the southern-most bridge required by the post service.*

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Burnaby
    Posts
    33
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    [/roll 6d10]influence and wealth[/roll]

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Burnaby
    Posts
    33
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    * influence and wealth *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    12-16-2017 01:46 AM
    influence and wealth: 6d10 (5,5,5,4,6,10 = 35)

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Burnaby
    Posts
    33
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    * reroll *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    12-16-2017 02:35 AM
    reroll: 4d10 (4,5,1,3 = 13)

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Burnaby
    Posts
    33
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    After a long night of good food and wine, Ethos wakes up the next day with a dull headache. The events of the night before wash over him. Sticking one foot over the edge of the bed, then the other, he wills himself to the breakfast table sparsely laid with oatmeal and an apple. With the warmth now easing his tension, he gathers his coat and shoes for the door. Slowly, Ethos wanders down the narrow avenues to the door of the local refugee church... and enters.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    93
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    'Your presence be honoured. rise at the sound of the ethereal bleet.'
    Bah rem You.
    The church hall sounds and echoes with it.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    93
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    also btw, new bill available in the usual place: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    10
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    After some time spent deep in thought, considering the rumours heard, and many difficult interviews with the refugees, trying to understand their ridiculous tongue Melkor son of Manwe has come to a decision. He summons his daughter Morin and gives her the following directive; "Daughter, it is no longer good enough for us to wait for outsiders to impact us, we must switch to offense and become informed of the lands around us. More importantly we must be ready to end threats before they occur. Find me men and women dedicated to the realm with no family, willing to sully themselves for the greater good. I will beseech the Council to aid us in this endeavour but if I must safeguard our lands alone I will do so.

    ((New Bill is up on Board))

    ((*Will roll 1might, 2 territory, 1 Fixed Dice, 1 Sovereignty this covers a lot of ground in the different parts of the bill so not sure if it's cool to pull from so many sources but just let me know if it's a no go))

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •