Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Noblesse Oblige [REIGN/FREEFORM]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Graf von Uriz arrives at the council chambers, his cloak haphazardly wrapped around his body. He smells vaguely of old ink.

My fellow lords, I have heard of these issues with refugees, and I believe that my capabilities of organization can be brought to bear upon this issue. I have at my disposal a number of my own stewards who can be tasked to register the many families from the east and see to it that they are taken care of as the council wills.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No problem, I'll try to be consistent with it, I've noticed the google docs thing likes to assign me a shade of green though I'll try to fiddle with that

Downloads
    Uploads
    Graf von Reinsbach swaggers into the council chambers, still smelling of horse and coated in road dust. The fine clothes beneath the dust paint an odd picture of a man.

These refugees are no problem of ours. It would simply be more mouths for us to feed, and as you have all been slaughtering our fine horses to simply put food on the tables of your poor, I expect you will need more horses for yourselves and your warriors soon enough. Reinerath will grudgingly contribute some coin to each Graf who houses these refugees, however, with the guarantee that if similar problems occur in the future that only effect our Western borders, it will receive due aid in return.

Downloads
    Uploads
    * Ethos na'Gaoithe rolls some dice *
    ((number of dice is based on wealth and sovereignty?))
    Checking the refugees for their intentions/reasons for coming.

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    12-03-2017 10:17 PM
    Ethos na'Gaoithe rolls some dice: 5d10 (7,8,6,10,3 = 34)

Downloads
    Uploads
    No matches; high roll = 10: from what you can gather, these people are from all walks of life, be they noblemen to common farmer or carpenter. the language barrier prevents you from getting much more information. ((worth noting, if you feel like, you can try again, though with only 3d10 [you used 2 for the previous roll.]))

Downloads
    Uploads
    'a bill to allow ministers' has passed. claim all ministerships in this forum. additional ministerships also need to be voted on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ((Ignore this action))
    Last edited by Ethos na'Gaoithe; 12-04-2017 at 05:13 PM. Reason: I did not have 4 dice to roll.

12-04-2017 05:07 PM
    Ethos na'Gaoithe rolls some dice: 4d10 (7,10,5,7 = 29)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wait!
    * Ethos na'Gaoithe rolls some dice *

12-04-2017 05:09 PM
    Ethos na'Gaoithe rolls some dice: 3d10 (9,10,10 = 29)

Downloads
    Uploads
    2x10: your campaign to integrate the foreign blacksmiths etc. is highly successful. it should be straightforward to teach people stuff they already know. your people are also in agreement with the strategy.
    >results from this will be posted at the end of the week.

Downloads
    Uploads

Notes and Boxes

When the Graf von Uriz is not in the council chambers, he sits down in a cramped office and writes notes. He writes notes about delegation, about logistics, about the movement of people and officials to and fro. He fills out forms and annotates them in the margins with his singularly small, round handwriting. He then receives notes from other people, and he responds with even more notes. Within a few days, he is done with notes, and he subsequently focuses his attention on boxes. There are boxes of paper, of grain, of tools and canvas and simple machinery. He watches his men carry the boxes around, dressed in their distinctive striped tunics. The Graf watches in sober satisfaction as his notes and boxes find their way to their destinations, yet another manifestation of the craft of House von Uriz.

Canvassing (Influence/Territory):
    * NavyMongoose rolls some dice *

Hearts & Minds (Wealth/Territory):
    * NavyMongoose rolls some dice *

12-05-2017 01:14 AM
    NavyMongoose rolls some dice: 4d10 (4,9,5,10 = 28)
    NavyMongoose rolls some dice: 2d10 (9,8 = 17)

Downloads
    Uploads
    No matches. high roll = 10: with plenty of other options on the table, your attempts to attract important and useful people from these refugees are only marginally successful.
    No matches, high roll = 9 --your attempt at giving these souls supplies is appreciated, but not too successful.
    'I don't like this bed. the frame has termites in it.' ((I'm interpreting the dice, dammit.))

Downloads
    Uploads
    [The Knights-Vigilant claims the Ministry of the Southern Frontier, and attempts to recruit among the refugees for able-bodied adults willing to serve the Order in exchange for homes for their families.]

[Roll: 1 Influence + 3 Territory]
    * Cataphrak rolls some dice *

12-05-2017 08:34 AM
    Cataphrak rolls some dice: 4d10 (4,7,3,9 = 23)

Downloads
    Uploads
    As you have no opposition, the position is yours.
    you try and recruit many foreigners to your ranks, but somehow word has spread of 'tyrant dragons' ahead of you. you have few volunteers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    [Graf von Uriz claims the Ministry of War, and begins to pen a Bill proposing the training of levies for the purpose of national defence.]

Downloads
    Uploads
    but somehow word has spread of 'tyrant dragons' ahead of you. you have few volunteers.

Good.
    Those who lack the fortitude to withstand life on the frontier would best serve elsewhere. Airgead is safe. I recommend they try there.
    -Cynric Adalbert Beorhtricsson, Graf und Hochmeister

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast