Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Noblesse Oblige [REIGN/FREEFORM]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    The knights of Reinerath ride in defense of their lands and liege.
    [Rolling Might (G) + Territory per GM Decree.]
    * The Bear rolls some dice *

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    12-18-2017 09:21 PM
    The Bear rolls some dice: 5d10 (6,1,4,5,7 = 23)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Roll(5d10)+0:
    10,9,5,2,10,+0
    Total:36

NOTES
    -------------------------
    This field records your latest roll at its top.

Modified results that would produce a number less than one display as one.
    bears I mean horse archers ate your men and villages. they were tasty.
    lose 2 territory this month. I say again though: an emissary from the Khaganate wants to talk to you and the council.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm making this a rule: if they defeat your rolls by more than you have with expenditures from date-to-roll date, they will damage your stuff, and it will require severe amounts of reparations to repair the damage. the same applies in reverse.

Downloads
    Uploads
    With Khaganate horse archers still looting and pillaging in the plains, the Graf gathers his strewn-about and routed defenses to his Hold at Reinerath. While they are steadied and armed, he looks over a rough map of the region with Ælfrēd and another senior officer, Ritter Forst. They plot a strike back at the invaders, trying to catch them between the fledgling Dalak Tai army and the Graf's own levy. Wasting only as much time as it takes to properly outfit a supply train and his men, Gerhold Von Reinsbach rides out through the gates with an imperious glare that may as well have been carved of granite.

A young knight in his levy begins to sing, slowly but with a clarion clarity. The Kleiner Ritter of Kleinfordt is soon taken up by each man in the levy, and it is to that boisterous and cheery tune that the rest of the levy exits, steel in their hearts as they prepare to retake their homes and avenge their friends and family.

[Rolling Might (G) + Wealth, with one assisting Die from the National Army.]
    * The Bear rolls some dice *

12-18-2017 10:15 PM
    The Bear rolls some dice: 5d10 (8,7,2,4,8 = 29)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Khaganate rolls defense:
    * Jgillingham rolls some dice *

12-18-2017 10:24 PM
    Jgillingham rolls some dice: 4d10 (4,9,3,2 = 18)

Downloads
    Uploads
    You've permanently damaged their forces.
    Some talk of alexander.

You claim a small castle in the northeastern sector of their claimed country. It's a motte-and-bailey one. fortunately, your horse archers have fire arrows.

Downloads
    Uploads
    <how my thought process went down about these rules with a player.>
    If I wanted to push them[the enemy] out of my lands, would that be an attack, or defense?
    here's how i'll say it works. this might not be entirely rules as written from reign, but I feel this is a better system:
    No worries, go ahead.
    when attacking, you roll either might + territory (and attack their M+T), or wealth+might (and attack their M+W) -- think of it like the difference between attacking keeps and a field battle.
    when I say 'attack' I mean opposed by. Initiative goes to whoever attacks first that turn.
    Initiative has to be a thing.

It's like 'who attacks who first'
    'who's in who's territory'
    so yeah
    that should be interpreted as 'to the post.'

also, I will say that the damage goes to any stats in any amounts. damage decided by the attacker.
    one more thing.
    whenever someone damages somebody, it hurts their CURRENT UNSPENT STAT. so, be careful when you spend resources if you want to attack and are a border province.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are sinister forces afoot in our lands. These men and women pretend to be our bretheren, but poison our population with Black Lotus. As Minister of Internal Investigations, our sources have provided information regarding these villains. They hail from the West. Their goals remain a mystery, but their actions speak loudly enough. We will follow the trail as far as it may take us. If it is greed that drives these activities, then they will find plenty of wealth in the mines of Airgead....

fixed-die = 10
    * Influence and Wealth *

12-20-2017 02:12 AM
    Influence and Wealth: 6d10 (7,1,8,6,1,2 = 25)

Downloads
    Uploads
    ((The above roll was to attempt to discover members of the supply chain....))

Downloads
    Uploads
    those forces fight back, and fight dirty.
    * Jgillingham rolls some dice *
    [ALSO SECRET BONUS]

12-20-2017 02:18 AM
    Jgillingham rolls some dice: 5d10 (5,7,4,2,7 = 25)

Downloads
    Uploads
    2x1 v. 2x7:
    The men you sent to investigate this have all turned up dead. nobody saw anything. some people speak of supernatural elements. others blame the horned god. Still others blame the khaganate, and even the new merchants heading to and from airgead to the tower of melkor. Some say it's some orphan in a bat costume. who knew.

Downloads
    Uploads
    [lose one influence point.]

Downloads
    Uploads

Ugly Business

"It's ugly business, milord", said Gryf, scratching his 2-day stubble. "The horse-f*ckers ran over Reinerath's villages like, well, like beasts in a rut. Just got a report from the scouts: whole lot of it is just wrecked."

"And yet the ho- the Khaganate wishes to entreaty us," said the Graf von Uriz, tapping his bare chin thoughtfully. "Perhaps they think that we will side with Pictia in their war and wish to avert this"

"I've no head for that," Gryf replied, "but that's sensible enough; with Pictia on the other side we'd surround them."

"But, in the meantime, our situation, such as it is, remains precarious," said Steward Rainier, his lanky form almost disappearing into his fine clothing. "There are, in the main, several difficulties with projection of force, whether by foot or upon horse, and in addition there is the matter of securing, well, the proper financing."

"All in due time," the Graf stated. "For now, the immediate concern is the health of Reinerath. Let us send a retinue to organize the defence and the restoration of their lands, shall we?"

The Constable and the Steward nod in silent acknowledgement; the latter presses a pre-formatted note into the Graf's hand.

* Send Reinforcements and Aid to Reinerath (Might/Territory) *

12-21-2017 12:37 AM
    Send Reinforcements and Aid to Reinerath (Might/Territory): 5d10 (7,10,8,3,7 = 35)

Downloads
    Uploads

Entreaties

It's a few days later that the Graf von Uriz finds himself in the Council chambers.

"We have received entreaties from Westeria... and from the Khaganate," he says. "The aftermath of the Khaganate's attack continues to reverberate across the Realm, and my own men have brought word of the devastation. I recommend that we let them have their word, if only to understand the threat they intend to pose to us."

He turns towards the head of the table. "What does His Majesty decide?"

Downloads
    Uploads
    [2x7]: you are able to repair (and prepare) the defences of reinerath. reinerath regains one territory. in addition, next turn, they will receive an extra die on their first defence, should they require it.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast