Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Noblesse Oblige [REIGN/FREEFORM]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Jgillingham rolls some dice: 8d10 (6,6,7,9,7,9,2,7 = 53)
    3x9 (MD applied)
    3x7
    2x6
    total: 60, vs.
    8d10 (8,8,7,2,3,7,10,8 = 53)
    8x3, 2x7, 2x10

the dinosaurs have breached the walls! disaster!
    [rules interpretation and lawyering: while the roll totals are close, having 2 triples is devastating.]
    Schloss koenigscwhert was your home. Schloss koenigschwert was protection.
    schloss koenigschwert was a good place to live. a place where people once vacationed, laughing at the dinosaurs. 'they look like ants from up here.'
    Cynric thought it would be a good place to retire to, live out his last years as a swordsman.
    at the flaming skull of a daemon, he laughed as it picked him up.
    'I've seen worse!'
    'I've seen FAR wor--oh my colon.'
    the beast's thumb punctured into him.

'No you haven't.' -- the thing infernally whispered.
    'for I am the worst. I am death. I am doom. I am Fire, and I am --'
    DEAD! Ragnar swung from the chandelier of the great hall. his guns were red hot with the fire. at the end of them, their barbed bayonettes drove inside the beast's chest.

they exploded.

'hrrgh.' ragnar gurgled forth. he spat out a bloody swathe.
    'I'll show you who's a real... man... and a half.'

'old man.'
    'Ragnar, my young apprentice. I think you've lost weighhrrhk.'
    'save it.' 'GET THE DOCTOR!'
    'He's dead.'
    ragnar looked over. the beast was talking again.
    'You're ALL dead.'

'You haven't seen the last of me. you'll have to do better than that.'

the beast climbed the wall like an enlarged cat, and ripped through the brickwork upwards.

'son of a *****.' ragnar knew the next days would be bad.
    'politics.' he muttered under his breath.

[The forest will deal 1 damage to sovereignty [can't be negated], 2 permanent damage to might, and 2 permanent damage to territory. you can use your successes in any way to reduce the damage, a trip will negate two points, a single one point. or, you can deal damage to the dinosaurs instead by the same token.]

Downloads
    Uploads

The Aftermath

Cynric Adalbert Beorhtricsson, Graf und Hochmeister of the Order of the Beggar-Knights Vigilant was given the funeral he would have wanted: burned in the same pyre as the rest of his sword-brethren. For all of his arrogance and pretension, the old man was still merely first among equals.

Lainn of Airgead watched the fire as it rose into the evening sky, but his mind was on other matters. There would have to be an election of course. One did not simply let an invasion get in the way of the proper procedures. There'd have to be repairs to defences and the ranks of the order as well. The southern curtain wall had two breaches the size of small war galleys, not that they had not done their jobs: the ditch in front of them was filled up with the corpses of great beasts and their riders. Still, that would take time to rebuild, especially since most of the trained engineers were with Adelaide out in the ass-end of nowhere.

Then there was the problem of human losses: over a two dozen sword-brethren dead, and another hundred armsmen besides. The Hochmeister's Banner had taken the brunt of the losses. They'd not only lost their leader, but his picked successor, and the most of the other senior knights, which left the interim Knight-Captaincy in the hands of someone who was utterly unsuited for it.

Which was the last, and weightiest thing on Lainn of Airgead's mind.

"So much for the rest of the kingdom rising up to aid us," a dull, disinterested contralto observed from behind him. Lucretia de Bellarocca, Knight-Captain Lucretia de Bellarocca now, stepped up next to her less-than-enthused colleague. "I wonder if the old fool learned the folly of his ways before the goat-beast cut him in two?"

"You really shouldn't speak ill of the dead like that. Policy is one thing, but-"

"His policy is the reason he's dead in the first place," Lucretia replied, with all the passion of a corpse and all the inevitability of an avalanche. "He believed that buying into this "Kingdom of Dalak-Tai" would bring us support and security. Where are the Royal Armies he funded? Did they save him? Did his roads? His postal service? No, all they did was drain our coffers and deplete our resources while the real threat prepared for the death blow. Swearing fealty to this kingdom was a mistake, the titles they've foisted upon us are an insult, and if we want to regain our strength, we'd be better off taking territory from Reinerath and Palan-Thar than dashing our heads against an endless expanse of trees, beasts, and savages."

"Be glad Adelaide isn't within earshot," Lainn drawled. "Loyal as she is, she'd probably throw herself off the ramparts than take up arms against Reinerath."

"Then I'll make sure to tell her when she gets back. Better sooner than when I am Grafin und Hochmeisterin."

Lainn didn't like the sound of that. He didn't like the sound of that in the least.

[Both doubles will be used to mitigate 1 territory and 1 land might damage]
    [Triple will be used to deal 2 permanent damage to enemy land might.]
    [Knight-Captain Lucretia de Bellarocca will take the place of Cynric Adalbert Beorhtricsson in the next election]

Downloads
    Uploads
    "This is mayhem... And all because of my naivity." Ethos entered the council room. He wore an absurd cloak concealing his ridiculous Napolean hat beneath. He looked nothing short of a man deprived of his senses- broken and wretched. "If I had only known.... I tried to stop them.... The horned demon was not a beast to mince with words."
    The present councillors looked on at the disturbing transformation from the collected and jolly comrade they had known.
    "There is still hope though. Further death can be averted."
    With a single motion, Ethos removed the hood of his cloak. Four massive horns protruded at odd angles from his head; two like an ox and two like a rams. Terrible to behold, the giant bones nearly grazed the ceiling.
    "The price I paid for failing to understand the gravity of my religion," he stated dismissively. "These forces can yet be turned to fight for Dalak-Tai. The horned demon will not be left in peace but he can be pointed towards our enemies. There are other allies to be made as well. Can you accept the help of dark allies? I cannot recommend it, but I can offer it."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Earl von Reinsbach ordered that Kaillus son of Kaillus be imprisoned and dragged along with the band as they ride hard for the salvation of the Southern Forests. The National Army was to be left behind under the control of its second, Adelaide von Lauenburg with orders to first occupy the region, then push on as swiftly as possible towards (actually this time) Mallaktun. Kaillus will finally be questioned when the Earl and his men rest very briefly, then left in safe hands in the darkest cell in Reinerath as the Earl and his force take their remounts and continue riding hard.

Exhausting though it must have been, he stopped only minimally until he reached the Great Southern Forest. Upon reaching the now decimated Schloss Koenigscwhert, he paused to take in the destruction, and growl in frustration. "Did the Southerners poke the forest so much that it reached out and poked back? Damn and curse it, we should have been able to reach them in time. Forst-" he whirled to his senior knight and advisor, wounded but not crippled during the taking of the city. "I need you to take some of our men and scout the environs while I report to the Graf und Hochmeister in what remains of their fortress. Be careful. If this place is any sign, it will not be safe."

[[ Forst and most of the Reinerath knights make their way into the forest to crush any survivors that may be lurking nearby, and grant some breathing room to the Knights-Vigilant. Rolling Might + Territory. ]]
    * The Bear rolls some dice *

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    01-25-2018 01:14 AM
    The Bear rolls some dice: 6d10 (3,2,5,5,3,1 = 19)

Downloads
    Uploads
    the forest defends itself (might + territory)
    * Jgillingham rolls some dice *

01-27-2018 07:10 PM
    Jgillingham rolls some dice: 5d10 (5,5,10,2,6 = 28)

Downloads
    Uploads
    2x5 vs. 2x3, 2x5: -- you can deal 1 damage to any stat of the forest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    [[ BURN BABY BURN, FOREST INFERNO. Lose 1 Territory Forest. ]]

Downloads
    Uploads
    [[ The National Army valiantly defends Reinerath's supply chains and borders from the Gothican menace. Rolling Might + Territory for them. ]]

01-28-2018 08:55 PM
    The Bear rolls some dice: 7d10 (6,4,9,1,10,3,6 = 39)

Downloads
    Uploads
    [[ Finally, the meager navy of Reinerath sets sail in response to the Gothican naval attack, attempting to keep them off the Kleinfordt and out of the blessed rolling hills and pasture-lands. ]]

01-28-2018 08:58 PM
    The Bear rolls some dice: 5d10 (10,6,8,5,8 = 37)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jgillingham rolls some dice: 6d10 (10,10,9,1,3,5 = 38)
    --> this is the roll that mortally wounds the king and puts him into a coma. whether he lives or dies is going to be uncertain to say the least.
    2x8 vs. 2x7, 2x1, 2x3 = 16 vs. 22
    --> Gothica deals 2 damage to reinerath, but we've already discussed the outcome in the FB chat.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415