Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 220

Thread: Noblesse Oblige [REIGN/FREEFORM]

  1. #196
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    93
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    your cookie box contains 3 cookies. yaaaaaayyy...

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    West Vancouver
    Posts
    11
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    * King Valtin I Szatkowski sends an envoy to Pictia to establish a well defined permanent border and prevent accidental hostilities in the former territories of the Khaganate of the Falling Star. *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    01-21-2018 05:58 PM
    King Valtin I Szatkowski sends an envoy to Pictia to establish a well defined permanent border and prevent accidental hostilities in the former territories of the Khaganate of the Falling Star.: 7d10 (5,8,9,7,5,3,7 = 44)
    King Valtin I Szatkowski, Graf of Rabensbuhl

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    93
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    pictia rolls to negotiate the border, etc.
    * Jgillingham rolls some dice *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    01-21-2018 06:00 PM
    Jgillingham rolls some dice: 8d10 (5,10,3,3,1,8,8,1 = 39)

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    93
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    2x3, 2x1, 2x8 total = 24 vs.
    7x2, 5x2 = 24 [draw]

    --> through your efforts, you draw the line between the two cities precisely in half. there is an exception being applied to the city of hammers, as it hasn't been occupied by either side... yet. chances are, whoever gets there first will likely get it, or it might also be allowed to remain as a city state. still, it is an issue that needs to be resolved, but not right now.

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Coquitlam
    Posts
    18
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    The Stand

    As the stalwart guardians of Schloss Königsschwert look southwards with trepidation, the road leading northward rumbles with activity.

    They come in wagons pulled by donkeys and draft horses, carefully arranged to maximize the movement of the whole column. There is no fanfare, no heralds, no grumbling, only a banner fluttering in the damp air: a silver sky above an emerald plain, and in the middle a dark mountain, a hand extending downward, as if the mountain was gifting the land. Indeed, such was the legend of Aurinsberg, that the Mountain itself gifted their home, making all that the House von Uriz, and the whole people, able to do what they are able to do.

    As the wagons approach a clearing near the castle, they form an oval shape, whirling about in close order. The men who emerge seem remarkably average, not fierce like the Reinerathi nor stolid like the Knights but, rather, well organized, well kept. Men in striped tabards round up each wagon and beginning checking lists and papers, accounting for everything and everyone. In due time, a single messenger rides up to the castle gates, a simple flat cap on his head.

    He looks up and salutes the watch. "My Lord, the Earl von Uriz, presents reinforcements from Aurinsberg!"

    * KILL THE DINOSAURS (Might/Territory) *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    01-21-2018 11:25 PM
    KILL THE DINOSAURS (Might/Territory): 6d10 (6,9,5,8,6,6 = 40)

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Coquitlam
    Posts
    18
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    ((Adding an additional d10 that I forgot))

    * NavyMongoose rolls some dice *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    01-21-2018 11:26 PM
    NavyMongoose rolls some dice: 1d10 (8)

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Coquitlam
    Posts
    18
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    The Mountain

    Black Peak rumbles ominously, smoke rising from its hidden depths, from fires unquenchable since the beginning of the world. Not so far away, Aurinsberg is shutting down: shops are shuttered, whole sections are shielded by canvas bags of sand and clay, and every hour a stream of wagons flows southward, hoping to see a promised refuge from the calamity. Workers dig furiously at the outskirts of town, the faint hope that their works might yet save the town driving them onward. Above them, however, in the towers of Schloss Uriz, the Earl knows that it might not be enough.

    Beside him, a lean, muscular man in a tight shirt impatiently rubs his voluminous mustache. "My Lord, with all due respect, there is not much point in remaining in the castle," he said.

    "I disagree, my Baron Strafehan," the Earl replied. "The castle sits on the highest point, and we have provisions enough to endure. We must outlast this calamity, to ensure that we still control whatever is left."

    Strafehan grimaces. "Sir, there is no guarantee that is even enough. We have no idea what the Peak will do to-"

    "I know," the Earl interjected. "I know all this, but I do what must be done." He knew, in his heart, that there might not be a future for his realm. He had already sent away the Lady von Uriz, and Alan and Sissi and the whole clan. Even Rainier and Griff were to depart, leading the last wagons. All that remained were his most loyal garrison - all volunteers down to the man - and the bewildered Strafehan. "We cannot presume the worst outcome; there must always remain a von Uriz in this castle, on this hill."

    Strafehan says nothing, sighing aloud. "...If it is your wish," he said, bowing his head as he makes his leave. "I pray to the powers above that you are right."

    "Yes," said Konrad, rare uncertainty entering his voice. "So do I."

  8. #203
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    34
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    With the browbeaten national army and the reinforcements from Adelaide von Lauenburg in tow, the Lord Marshal conveniently misses the messenger negotiating a truce with the remnants of the Khaganate, and enacts a forced march to the City of Hammers. He is determined that it WILL fall to Dalaktite might and not return to the hands of the as-of-yet unmet Pictish forces. As soon as the forces arrive, he begins preparations to blast the walls of Mallaktun with von Lauenburg's cannon and then force them as soon as there is a breach.

    Earl von Reinsbach also sends a messenger as discretely as possible to tell the mercenaries he has hired out from under the noses of the Khaganate that as soon as he has breached the walls, they should act, betraying their former masters and attacking from within the walls.

    [ Rolling Might + Wealth, assisted by Adelaide and the National Army, with the Master Die and Fixed Die granted by expending all my resources last round. I imagine the mercenary turncoats inside the city will make their own roll, but if you want to just give me an extra Fixed die, that's also cool. ]

    * The Bear rolls some dice *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    01-22-2018 02:03 AM
    The Bear rolls some dice: 8d10 (3,9,2,3,10,6,4,5 = 42) + 10 (10) = 52

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    34
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    [ Setting Master Die to 9, meaning: 9+9, 10+10, 3+3 = 44 ]

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    34
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    [[ Theoretically, I did not actually use a die from the National Army there. I have 4 Might and 3 Wealth, + the two dice I was granted from resource expense last round, and the one die Adelaide granted me. I don't know if you want to grant me another fixed die from the National Army or just let me use them in a separate attack. Either one is OK with me! ]]

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    34
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    While his lord rides through the Khaganate and dust settles along the walls of Mallaktun, Ælfrēd, von Reinsbach's dutiful aide and a force to be reckoned with in his own right, sets up horse pickets stretching nearly all the way through former Khaganate territory. He garrisons them with as many men as can be spared, and simultaneously orders these men to clear as much land as they can (hopefully not a hard task in hilly grassland) in order to aid the rapid journey of von Reinsbach and his men back to Dalaktite lands, and then South to the aid of the Order of the Knights Vigilant.

    [ Rolling Territory + Sovereignty ]
    * The Bear rolls some dice *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    01-22-2018 02:15 AM
    The Bear rolls some dice: 7d10 (6,3,5,1,5,4,9 = 33)

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    93
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    [fixed dice can be applied when you want, prior to the roll. in this case, they would be activated inside the city, so they add a fixed die one way or another.]
    The khaganate defends itself (it has +2 dice because of prior preparations, and otherwise has been doing everything in its power to defend itself.)
    * Jgillingham rolls some dice *


    as for your consolidation roll:
    2x5: your efforts at putting out pickets have garnered modest fruit. word is, vladislavians are on the march north. they're looking for something, though it's uncertain what. they're also putting everything into this run, it seems. this is the last of their pretenders, a prince Iaroslav The Bastard. he is probably the last living, or at least last significant bastard son of the former royal vladislavian family.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    01-22-2018 10:34 PM
    Jgillingham rolls some dice: 8d10 (7,3,1,2,10,8,6,10 = 47)

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    93
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    9+9, 10+10, 3+3 = 44
    vs [2x10] -- you capture the city. you also capture kaillus, son of kaillus, the prince to be. 'it... it seems he's had a mental break melord. 'e's not 'imself. just keeps talking about purple fruit, power of purple... purple haze?' your men report. if you wish to question him, this can be done.

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    93
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The dinosaurs attack, lead by the greater daemon of horns.
    * Jgillingham rolls some dice *

    (attacking the KV.)
    + MD.

    they also attack the convoy on its second leg (this is on the river):
    * Jgillingham rolls some dice *


    last, they attack the army marching from rabensbuehl (ATTACKING THE KING'S MEN.)
    dinosaur cavalry descends upon them.
    * Jgillingham rolls some dice *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    01-24-2018 11:09 PM
    Jgillingham rolls some dice: 8d10 (6,6,7,9,7,9,2,7 = 53)
    Jgillingham rolls some dice: 7d10 (3,4,6,1,2,4,8 = 28)
    Jgillingham rolls some dice: 6d10 (10,10,9,1,3,5 = 38)

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    22
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Knights of the Order! TO ARMS!

    [Rolling Land Might + Territory]
    * Cataphrak rolls some dice *

    +10 (Fixed Die)

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    01-24-2018 11:15 PM
    Cataphrak rolls some dice: 8d10 (8,8,7,2,3,7,10,8 = 53)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •