Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 220

Thread: Noblesse Oblige [REIGN/FREEFORM]

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    34
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    [[ Allocating some resources to the two matters we discussed @BigBoss, just doing it here as there's no sense in making an Ongoing Issue for them. ]]


    [[ For the mercenary buyout, an incredibly generous Two Wealth with the idea that he can hopefully recruit not just Crimsoners but also some others. ]]

    [[ For the monster hunting warrior, Two Might (ground) out of the National Army, One Might (ground) from me, and Two Sovereignty from me with the intent that it's clear this quest has the Earl of Reinerath's blessing, and the sanction of the office of the Lord Marshal. ]]

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    34
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The Earl of Reinerath, clad in a shining and yet clearly functional hauberk with the badge of his office as Lord Marshal strapped visibly to his breast, stepped forth from the ranks of his retainers and guards. The cheers that greeted him from the men of the army and his own levy were deafening, and he waited patiently with a warm expression on his face for them to slowly dim. Standing atop a wooden platform constructed to help them all better see him, he addressed the gathered warriors, holding up a hand to silence the few still cheering.

    "You are bold soldiers all! You've bled and fought for Dalak Tai, for each other, for your King, and for I! But you've done so in that order, whether or not you wish it. We didn't come here to conquer, but to stop those damn butchers and raiders from killing any more of our own. And yet conquer we have! And plunder, WE HAVE! We've made them pay a hundredfold for their arrogance, and we could leave now, assured that those feckless horse****ers would give us our peace." He sliced his hand through the air to quiet the grumbles at this, then continued. "But we won't. We will hold these lands, for our sons and their sons. And we can't do that without a solid ruler to guide us. Many of you want that to be me, but I tell you true, I am no King. I am a KNIGHT! An EARL! I would not die on some throne, or grow fat and dull safe behind the walls of a castle. Our King is a wiser man than I, and the Szatkowski name is as old as the earth beneath our feet. He came to us in our hour of need, and looked not just to the safety of his own lands, but to the safety of all Dalak Tai! All without growing fat OR dull! Without him, we'd not just be struggling against the Khaganate, but like it as not, against one another! Do you wish to return to our lands and kill your brothers? Because if we ride against the King, that is what would surely happen. YOU ARE BETTER MEN THAN THAT! YOU ARE DALAKTITES!"

    The last came out in a bellow, echoing across the sunlit and trampled fields. But he followed it with the clear ringing voice of a general, letting it carry without needing to shout. "We are loyal men. I will not kill our brothers and my fellow nobles in the name of seizing power I do not even wish for. Rest assured that the King knows of our struggles, and guarantees rich rewards and lands for any soldier who fights in his army. And these rewards do not come from me, for I have not the power to grant the King's Lands to deserving men such as yourselves. I have it on good authority that he is even now looking to the safety of your families in Dalak Tai, ensuring you return with a hero's welcome and warm hearthfires."

    Gerhold von Reinsbach looked out over the men who had fought and bled with him, closed his eyes, took a deep breath... and shouted as though he were on the battlefield, his voice cracking out like a whip across the heads of his beloved and too-loyal soldiery. "FOR KING AND COUNTRY! WHO IS WITH ME?"

    [[ Rolling Influence + Sovereignty. ]]
    * The Bear rolls some dice *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    01-11-2018 04:02 AM
    The Bear rolls some dice: 3d10 (7,3,2 = 12)

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    93
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    'he has a point.'
    sergeant Tagnar approaches the men. he's tall, strong, and dumb as a moose. 'YE BEST NOT BE THINKIN OF TURNIN BRUDDERS.'
    'WHEN PEOPLE TURN, I GETS MAD. AND WHEN I GETS MAD, I TURNS PEOPLE INSIDE OUT.'
    --> the following dice are added to this action, given your speech.
    * Jgillingham rolls some dice *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    01-11-2018 04:11 AM
    Jgillingham rolls some dice: 3d10 (4,2,6 = 12)

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    93
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Roll(4d10)+0:
    10,6,3,10,+0
    Total:29
    2x2 vs. 2x10 [deserter victory]:
    'If ye'll not have us, then there are those that will.'
    'we're done here.'
    rolled 1d5=7[4]
    --> part of the army deserts. the national army loses 2 from might [land] and sovereignty. It's enough, such that it would be very difficult to crush them and maintain the siege, but you have that as your prerogative. it's uncertain where these traitors will go.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    22
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The first of the deserters only got half a dozen steps before he walked straight into a gauntleted fist, aimed right for his face.

    "Where the **** do you think you're going?" Snarled Adelaide von Lauenburg. "The enemy's that way."

    "We're going home, girl," the first of the deserters replied, spitting out teeth as he picked himself off the ground. "You going to stop us?"

    The Knight-Captain made no move for her sword. That big, beast-killer would certainly do the trick, at least until the cowards managed to get out of sight of her. No, this would take more than brute force.

    "I think I will," she announced, loud enough for everyone to hear. "I bet you think I've injured your pride already, knocking you down like that, but the truth is, you were never all that tough to begin with. I've shat out babies harder than you, boy." -A rhetorical fiction that, Adelaide von Lauenburg hadn't ever had any children, not that any of these rabble knew that- "No, turning tail like this just shows you never had any pride to begin with. A man with pride would have already gone back to his post, and done his damn duty. You gonna do that, or are you going to go home, and tell your families about how you pissed yourselves and ran at the sight of a real fight?"

    [[Rolling Influence + Sovereignty]]
    * Cataphrak rolls some dice *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    01-11-2018 05:46 AM
    Cataphrak rolls some dice: 7d10 (9,2,9,7,7,6,8 = 48)

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    93
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    2x9 + 2x7 (2x successes)
    --> 'sir, there's only one way to deal with traitors.'

    'these men made their choice. we can't execute all of them, but a few men of import might do the job.'

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    22
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Some of the deserters were actually going back to their posts, but not all, not nearly enough.

    Their ringleaders were stopping them, haranguing them with the promise of freedom and not becoming pincushions for the Khaganate's archers. Adelaide von Lauenburg cracked her knuckles. Still, she made no move for her sword as she strode towards the first of the demagogues, a man with the maille hauberk of a sergeant-at-arms.

    He'd barely even gotten a word out before the Knight-Captain's fist drove into his throat. The armoured gauntlet crushed his larynx with the first blow, which meant he didn't get any more out as the "Steel ***** of Lauenburg" methodically cracked his skull open, like chestnuts under a hammer.

    The next one even tried to fight. His sword was half out of its scabbard before an armoured knee drove into his groin, doubling him over long enough for the Knight-Captain to knock him flat to the ground, and crush his spine with a mighty stomp of her boot.

    The remaining deserters had watched the whole thing, at first with curiosity, and then with stark terror. By the time Adelaide von Lauenburg had finished with the third ringleader, the rest were returning -nay- fleeing back to their posts.

    Her sword had still not been touched. After all, execution by blade was a dignity for soldiers, not cowards.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    93
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    having witnessed the ringleader's head being thoroughly bashed in and mulched, most of the men have outbreaks of common sense and retreat back to their posts, their eyes shifty with fear.
    (the national army loses 1 sovereignty, but retains everything else it would have lost.)

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    93
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    that much is permanent loss.*

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    34
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    [[ Based on our discussion @BigBoss, you said this siege was more of a ongoing issue than an action required event. I've still got two actions left for the turn in the event that you change your mind, but if this is an ongoing issue, Reinerath and the National Army will commit ALL remaining relevant resources to the siege effort. Those from Reinerath being:

    Three Might (Ground)
    Two Might (Naval)
    One Wealth
    Four Territory

    And those from the National Army being:

    Four Might (Naval)
    Two Might (Ground)
    Three Wealth
    Three Territory

    I don't know that I'll have the time for an in-depth post later today if it winds up being an action-required event rather than an ongoing issue, but I'll try! ]]

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    93
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    that much can be done. doing so I'll say will give you a master die on the attack, as well as up your attacks to the maximum dice possible (10; includes master and fixed dice.)
    alternatively, you can attack twice, (+1 for the national army) and try your luck (and possibly do more damage.) -- the cities have their own territory values, etc. -- the reason I say this is because it takes time to capture a city. even a month is generous, but that said, they're in a bad way, and you have men on the inside. that said, those mercenaries you've attempted to recruit do not HAVE to reveal their hands just yet (you can save them for the capital of the khaganate.)

    it's up to you. think of it like 'wave one, wave 2, wave 3.' -- having rethought this, my concern was mostly that it would take too short a period of time for the countries to fall. what I'm saying is: I don't think I'll make it an ongoing issue to the same extent as I thought initially. I'll instead make it just literally take time to go to another fief (the khaganate has a fief for each city, i'll say.)
    It's worth noting, that there's a difference between sieges and assaults, so if you want to make an assault, this would be that stage.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    22
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    (Remember you also still have that aid bonus from me)

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Burnaby
    Posts
    33
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    (The following message goes out to all Earls and the King) "Our military prowess, is not to be compared to our neighbours to the South and West. We do, however, have extensive trade and land resources. Therefore, we will contribute to the war effort in the most important way that we can. Our raw materials and weapons are without match. We also have access to valuable trading routes to the East. Go forth and conquer. For king and country!"

    - Ethos na'Gaoithe

    fixed wealth die = 10
    * wealth and territory *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    01-15-2018 09:57 PM
    wealth and territory: 8d10 (4,7,9,6,2,9,7,8 = 52)

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    93
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    2x7 + 2x9 (42) -- your trade mission is sent off, and well provisioned according to its needs. it will take another turn to see the rewards.

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    West Vancouver
    Posts
    11
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    * Randomly generating cookies. *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    01-16-2018 07:13 PM
    Randomly generating cookies.: 1d5 (2)+ 1 (1) = 3
    King Valtin I Szatkowski, Graf of Rabensbuhl

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •