Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Noblesse Oblige [REIGN/FREEFORM]

Downloads
    Uploads

Noblesse Oblige [REIGN/FREEFORM]

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    "After the death of the god king, chaos reigns. A number of lords have sworn allegiance to their new king, and those under them in turn. Many have died in the recent plague, which followed the war against the black queen. Floods have damaged numerous areas in the kingdom, and many have turned to banditry to provide for them and theirs. Thousands of horses have been slaughtered in recent months, being used for food when the crops failed."

You are a lord (known as a graf in pictish) in the realm of Dalak Tai, former of the kingdom of Pictia. it is a wide realm, and many small settlements have broken off to form something greater. or at least, that's the hope. in general, your goal is to provide for your people, and ensure their ways of life are preserved.

NEWS IN THE KINGDOM OF DALAK TAI
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

CHARACTER CREATION FOR THE LORDS (GRAFS) OF DALAK TAI

BOARD OF BILLS
    PASSED DECISIONS
    BOARD OF STATE ACTIONS
    ONGOING ISSUES IN DALAK TAI.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...KzjR4GrQA/edit

If you have ideas or suggestions, post them in the following google doc. throw out ideas as you feel like it. everything will be taken under advisement, but not everything will be implemented.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...1ZUtrod4w/edit

Kings orders board

Current map (subject, through impressive feats of geomancy, to change by wizards and wizardry)

Asking questions and such of other players should be done here. if you wish to do something out of character, either contact me, or note it by inserting double quotation marks ((Like this.))
    Also, post your character and city here if it's not already in the google doc. This is in case of data loss.

General ideas:
    One person is the feudal overlord/king. He will create his title and GM over what you guys are doing, and request responses to engagements and other stuff. he will also be briefed (by me) as to a number of problems each week or so. This is a cooperative game, but also can feature PVP. talk to me if you want to be king. the position is currently still vacant, but it generally needs a fair amount of time compared to the game, at least in my imagination.

I will be playing the role of GM and bandit master. my job is to screw with you guys and make your lives significantly more interesting. but you may not have all the tools at your disposal to deal with threats... so you'll have to pool your resources from your friends.

techbase is medieval/renaissance. guns exist, but are uncommon/in their infancy. Grenades and hand cannons exist, but aren't at all advanced.

Magic may or may not exist. if it does, it's rare.

Democratic elements:
    How this goes down is largely up to you guys. you all have the ability to propose bills, which then can be voted upon. what happens after an action is proposed depends upon democracy. in case of a tie, king has veto power. this is subject to my own veto which will be very rarely enacted (repealing the law of gravity may result in veto, but being like 'a bill to allow safe travel to and from whatever to whatever' or "MAIM KILL BURN BILL" will not result in a GM veto.

Societal elements:
    Build a city, or build a town, or fishing village, or whatever. this will be further discussed after the event goes up. the choice is yours. you can go as in-depth or superficial as you want, but I may reward some elements of depth if you guys are interested enough.

CURRENT GRAF LIST:
    [forthcoming]

CURRENT SETTLEMENT LIST
    [forthcoming]

THIS GAME WILL START ON SATURDAY, DECEMBER 2.
    If you have any questions on the setting, feel free to ask.

Substantive rules:

ROLLS TO IMPROVE YOUR FIEFDOM/CITY SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNTIL PROMPTED BY THE GM. TO GET SUCH A CHANCE, PROPOSE BILLS IN THE RELEVANT FORUM. IF THEY PASS, GOOD THINGS WILL HAPPEN. IF NOT, MAYBE NOT. NOT ALL BILLS WILL YIELD THE SAME THINGS. BE CREATIVE!

HOWEVER, RESOURCES SPENT FROM PREVIOUS TURNS WILL ALLOW BONUSES TO THE NEXT TURN'S ROLL. IE,
    I want to better my sovereignty roll next time.
    -okay, you get +1 from your sovereignty roll to use next time.

--> this is one action. An action is something that requires a roll [tentative definition.] every time you roll, you subtract 1 from the roll for that turn.

QUICK ACTIONS REFERENCE SHEET:
    http://www.gregstolze.com/Company_Reference.pdf

regarding bills:
    if a bill has consensus, it will pass. consensus is defined at 80% of members saying yay to a bill.
    this is subject to how long it takes for me to see it. once seen, it will be enacted at midnight that day, or if such would be ridiculous (11pm for example) I will delay ratification for a day.
    Last edited by Jgillingham; 12-12-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The arrival of these refugees is deeply unsettling. If so many are willing to flee their families and homes, it speaks volumes to the character of this new God-King of the West. In time, we may need these refugees to help shore up our borders, as deeply as they need us to provide asylum. Airgead's population has been decimated from the plagues of yesteryear. Fewer farmers are available to till our lands. Rich and poor families have been forced to work the lands alike. How long will these troubles continue remains uncertain. We would welcome as many as 1000 able-bodied refugees to our lands if they agree to work the land and raise our walls. In exchange for their labour they will enjoy the protection of Airgean soldiers, as well as food and water. These refugees have fled a treacherous land in search of safety, justice and livelihood. If we seek to be greater than the nation that we forsook, we have our first opportunity to show our worth.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A scribe reports "M'lord, tis not from the west these travellers come from, tis from our neighbours to the east. We haven't much news out of the west for the moment... that much is worrying."
    [[your actions have been added to a new board, the board of state actions. keep on posting stuff like that here, though.]]

Downloads
    Uploads
    ((Requests to become king will be locked out as of monday morning, 8am PST. if you wish to be king, please contact me through private messages. there are things I need to explain about the role.))

Downloads
    Uploads
    We are not a rich brotherhood, as the knights of the orders of old were. We have little to give to those who can offer nothing but hungry mouths.

But we are not unrealistic. We may not give, but we might trade.

The Knights Vigilant have guarded the southern frontier without fail these past years, but our numbers have never seemed adequate for the task. The lands granted to us by the God-King had no inhabitants, and only a few have been willing to brave the privations of settling and defending this most far-flung of the realms borderlands. If those able-bodied and stout of faith and heart among these refugees are willing to offer their sword arms to the Order of the Knights-Vigilant, we will offer their families succor in return. Land will be provided for them among our farming colonies, and their security will be seen to not only by their own kinsmen, but by the full might of the Order.

-Cynric Adalbert Beohrtricsson, Graf und Hochmeister.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It might be equally prudent to ask what these refugees are fleeing from.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want to do so, roll me influence + sovereignty.

Downloads
    Uploads
    [[main rules have been updated. See first post.]]

Downloads
    Uploads
    The township of Rabensbuhl will welcome any refugees to the best of our ability. Our uncultivated arable lands surpass our ability to farm them. We should be able to spare some supplies to get them started. All new arrivals will be interviewed by town officials and then assigned to an unused plot of land nearby established neighbors so they can become involved in the community. Do these refugees speak roughly the same language as us?
    King Valtin I Szatkowski, Graf of Rabensbuhl

Downloads
    Uploads
    the scribe pipes up "Graf Szatkowski, they do not appear to speak our language. the hills of the eastern frontiers are home to many savages, and we haven't delved too deeply over there. there is a pidgin of sorts that has been established, but it will take time for full understanding of them and theirs."
    you can spend some resources to find out more about the refugees, including their language. influence + wealth.
    there is a dice rolling mechanic in this forum, roll it for me. this will cost you one action this turn.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Please ignore this post.
    Last edited by lcarowan; 12-03-2017 at 03:35 AM.

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    12-03-2017 03:19 AM
    lcarowan rolls some dice: 1d10 (8)

Downloads
    Uploads
    * Let's try this again. *

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    12-03-2017 03:32 AM
    Let's try this again.: 5d10 (3,4,8,3,7 = 25)

Downloads
    Uploads
    2x3 = the people appear to worship sheep. the horned god is, in fact, a large sheep-headed idol. they are indeed fleeing religious persecution... apparently from people that worship cows, instead.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ((Jhan, I've made a few modifications to your posts. nothing too big, just moved stuff around. I had to change your font colour however. advise you take a look at it.))

Downloads
    Uploads
    barring any late entries, the house of Szatkowski has successfully claimed the kingship of Dalak Tai.
    New title is King Valtin I Szatkowski, Graf von Rabensbuehl.
    as a result of this claim, the city of Rabensbuehl has accrued +1 to its sovereignty stat.
    Last edited by Jgillingham; 12-03-2017 at 01:30 PM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast