Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Looking for more face to face table top roleplayers Hoffman

Downloads
    Uploads

Looking for more face to face table top roleplayers Hoffman

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    LOOKING FOR MORE PLAYERS

Description of the game:

The game is held in Hoffman Estates, IL. It runs FRI 6pm on, SAT noon on. PEOPLE ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO SHOW UP BOTH DAYS – heck, I do not care if you show up part of one. Many of the players show up once per two weeks. Make whatever you can.

The game year is currently in the early 1930’s. The characters are a wide mix of people who work at a private investigator office – doctors, theologians, archaeologists, world war one vets and, of course, PI’s. Their cases run anything from missing persons to stopping Various Evil Things from doing...evil. The campaign is on the realistic side - the characters pay taxes and worry about how much money they make. There is a lot of weird stuff that can go on within the campaign - Highlanders (like the movie or TV series), time travel and Discworld stuff have all made their appearances within the campaign. As I have GMed for close to 30 years, I have gotten tired of dungeon crawls, etc. I offer something new.

There are currently two consistent players and three part timers – I am working on getting more.

The system used is a percentage system with heavy modifications as I found d20 stuff to be less realistic and more encumbering than I liked. I like some action and do not want to spend hours on the same battle. The system itself has been play tested over a 5 year period with many other people and all but one of the fifty or so has enjoyed it more than systems they were previously familiar with (D&D, d20, WW, etc) I am more interested in open minded roleplayers rather than the if it is not D&D it must be bad crowd. The players I am looking for are more interested in is it a good game than what system is it.

People do not need to commit for a full day (or both days), just come out for a few hours to check it out. Yes, there is a game going on this weekend. If you want to forward this e-mail to the folks of your group, I would appreciate it. If several people want to show up for the game as a group, good, come check it out.

If you would like more information, I can be reached at logan9a@yahoo.com

If you’d like to hear what an average game sounds like, here is one:

Part 1

http://www.bestsharing.com/files/n5R...0hour.mp3.html

Part 2

http://www.bestsharing.com/files/REy...0hour.mp3.html

Part 3

http://www.bestsharing.com/files/74G...0hour.mp3.html

If you enjoyed these and would like to get in on the game (in person, Hoffman Estates, IL), please contact me at logan9a@yahoo.com

PS: If I have contacted you before, please accept my apologies – I do try to keep track of people I have contacted in the past but it does not always work well.
    Last edited by Farcaster; 07-23-2007 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Moved to Campaign Invitations.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a very interesting concept for play with lots of random character interaction.

Player Characters 1, 2, 3 are sitting in a bar discussing their latest mystery when player 4 shows up at the DM's house thus allowing Player Character 4 to walk into the bar and meet up with the others. At this time, player 2 needs to go pick up his laundry from the Jiffy Cleaners so Player Character 2 excuses himself to go handle stuff in another part of the world. Thus leaving 1, 3, 4 to continue on with the adventure.

Sounds cool. If this is the way I'm translating it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no clue what that means.

Logan