Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Anybody else looking forward to Changeling the Lost?

Downloads
    Uploads

Anybody else looking forward to Changeling the Lost?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I was just wondering if anybody else was as happy about WoD coming out with the new Changeling game as I was.(but hey, in all fairness I'm always thrilled about a new White Wolf/WoD game coming out, except for maybe the New Monte Cook WoD coming out) I read a strong majority of the promos and previews at http://www.white-wolf.com/changeling/index.php and I was just wondering if anybody else is looking forward to it? I never really got into Changeling the Dreaming and always thought ' It isn't my kinda game ' based on many players of it I met in person... (long story) but from what I've read of CtL lately it has me feeling absolutely thrilled. I've already started coming up with my first character. Her seeming will be "beast" (I can't make up my mind on what her kith would be, all the kith options for beast sound really handy) and either the autumn or winter court... Am I the only one already making a character based on info I can only get from promos/previews? lol I only wish it was coming out before August 7th, I would have loved it for a 21'st bday gift...
    "If you are flamable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedburg

"If you find you are falling into madness -- dive." -Malkavian Proverb

Swords don't need reloading... that's why I am a melee fan .

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought C:tD was interesting but like you it just wasnt my thing. Too bright and I had trouble understanding how they existed in the two worlds simultaniously. I havent read anything about C:tL but I'll take a look once it comes out and since most of the new WW stuff has been pretty good I might pick it up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    To me CtL actually makes sense, humans who were kidnapped by the "good folk" and dragged to their world as slaves/pets and due to being in that world for a prolonged period they adopt some of the qualities of the fae, then they escape their keepers through the "hedge" into the mortal world and realize that they no longer fit in and live in constant fear of their keepers coming for them... there were some cool trailers I saw of people making a mock commercial for the game, this one was my fav, but only came in second place http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RloG_7lknH8
    "If you are flamable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedburg

Downloads
    Uploads
    So everyone who plays as a changeling was at one point abducted by the fey? Hmm, you'd think they'd figure out how to prevent them escapeing after a while. Pretty good trailer though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontline View Post
    So everyone who plays as a changeling was at one point abducted by the fey? Hmm, you'd think they'd figure out how to prevent them escapeing after a while. Pretty good trailer though.
    Yeah but if they found out how to prevent it there'd be no game, but I don't think it's easy to escape the keepers they sometimes still look for their changelings.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Uh, so you guys live like a mile from each other?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by PhishStyx View Post
    Uh, so you guys live like a mile from each other?
    No he's 211 miles from me

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, because his "Distance to Member" thing reads 1,055 and yours is 1,054.

"If my calculations are off by just a degree, we could end up in a supernova!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, because his "Distance to Member" thing reads 1,055 and yours is 1,054.
    They live a nearly exact distance from you but that distance is an arc. They could live miles apart but still be on that same distance arc. In fact if we didn't have certain clues from other available data(member profile) they could actually be living 2,109 miles from one another and still give you those results for distance from you.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got the book and it is NOT a disappointment in the least. When I first kept up with the seemings on the white wolf website I thought I'd only like the beast's and possibly the ogres but now that I have held the book in my hands the elementals could be interesting to, it's probably one of the few nWoD games that I wouldn't mind playing any of the options in the book. I was hoping they'd add a bit more merits but oh well. I'm definately looking forward to the Autumn Court book coming out later this year This is probably the only WoD game I'd actually consider Story telling for. Maybe then I could put my overactive imagination to work lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry, but I still feel confused on what Changeling is about.

It's human characters who've been taken by the elves as slaves and have developed elven characteristics and abilities themselves?

Is the focus of the game on elven/shidhe court intrigues or the human slaves attempting to escape or something else?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry, but I still feel confused on what Changeling is about.

It's human characters who've been taken by the elves as slaves and have developed elven characteristics and abilities themselves?

Is the focus of the game on elven/shidhe court intrigues or the human slaves attempting to escape or something else?
    Not elves exactly though some make look elven. It involves the fae "the good-folk"... it's about humans that were abducted by the fae into the faes world as slaves, pets, lovers, ect against their will. While there the humans adopt certain characteristics of that realm hence becoming changelings. At some point of time the changelings remember their old lives and escape back into the human world and away from their "keepers" where they realize their old lives have either been taken over or their loved ones have moved on. Also having adopted characteristics/appearances of the fae they can never truly go back to being human which leaves them to be in a constant state of paranoia at the fact that their "keepers" could come back for them and that they can't really trust anybody completely, even possibly other changelings. The focus of the game is like the other WoD and you basically just try to survive in your own way. If that did no answer any questions just read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changeling_the_Lost

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Interested in Changeling

From what I've read, I might actually buy Changeling (to add to the pile ...)

I like the whole notion of fae prisoners escaping to the Fields We Know and looking over their shoulders lest their former captors come looking for them. Then, too, there's the question of how to get their lives back, and what to do about the THING that's been impersonating them the whole time.

Heck, I'd be tempted to play that scenario without all the powers, except for looking unlike their former selves, and knowing enough about their captors to detect and elude them.
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, I think it looks really cool. I like the concept very much. I would like to try it.

My chances of ever playing it are very slim, unfortunately. I did briefly try Vampire the eternal struggle and requiem. The guys I met who played were rather irritating in real life so I didn't stick around for long. I figured it just wasn't for me. My knowledge of WoD is very limited, but this looks worthy of a try.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.