Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Which oWoD Vampire the Masquerade Clan is your Favorite?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I was always about hte Gangrel and Brujah since I was always about sticking it to the man. Though sometimes it was fun being the man so Ventrue was a good time as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally i love playing Malkavian. for the family, and for my own mental health i shall do what i can. such a disfunctional family the Malkavian clans are.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dysfunctional or all together too functional? (ok, I fully agree the metaplot of oWoD is so much more fun) Some of the best & worst characters I've seen are Malks. Doubt I'll ever play one as I don't think I could do the clan proper justice, but for a great take on insanity made functional I'd recomend This Alien Shore by C.S. Friedman. Great examples in there of how a psyche can be fractured...plus she's a great author (imo of course)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh god yes. i love playing malks though, all in all you have to remember that it is concept before derangement. make a solid and understandable back drop and then a fracturing of the mind. that way you have an interesting character even without the derangement.. some people spend too much time on the insanity that there is no character behind it. the best Malks i have seen are people.. who have broken minds.. they are believable and that is what makes them terrifying.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gotta love the Assamites. Need someone or something takin care of they are the ones you go to. If im not a Assamite the I play as a Clanless just so I can give it my own little touch.
    ~~~Jay.C~~~

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by death666life View Post
    Gotta love the Assamites. Need someone or something takin care of they are the ones you go to. If im not a Assamite the I play as a Clanless just so I can give it my own little touch.
    Assamite were one of my least favorite clans. Sure they got the moves and that can't be denied. They even have a good history. I just don't think they should have been a playable clan. It seemed to take the mystery and the fear out of them when you see them all the time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The vampire game i go to is a LARP with over 100 people and each time i go there is from 30-80 at game. depending on the time of year and all that jazz. they list out how many vampires of each clan there can be, so when you make a character you run it by the STs and they check a mark off for the clan, if you make a character that moves the clan into 'over population' the prince gets fidgety about said over population and either sends the newcomer away from the city.. or the scourge is sent to dispatch one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gangrel with Salubri taking a very close second.
    Drink lad. Drink to the past and drink to the morrow's reckoning.
    Becoming a hero is simple. Do something dumb enough to be brave yet lucky enough to survive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    1. Tremere
    2. Brujah

I like the Malkavians too, but I have never played one. We had a player in one of our groups who just played a Malk awesomely; ever since then, I've felt that I couldn't do one justice. But they are fun to watch.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1. Daughter of Cacophany (yes, I can actually sing!)
    2. Malkavian
    3. Toreador

I have also been known to play something I call "Malkabru" - a Malkavian who thinks she's a Brujah, with a clan-hatred derangement that causes her to frenzy if she is accused of being a Malkavian or crazy... Fun times!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I may be out there, but I personally like the Nosferatu. Hey, if I am going to be playing in a Horror Genre RPG, I am going to play something Horrible.
    But seriously, the Nosferatu clan are known for being cruel to the beautiful ones they Turn.
    "When all is said and done, you have two basic choices: do what's crazy, or do what's smart. And people of character do not stick with one such choice, but make the choice that is best for the situation" Myself
    Doromii

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Personally, I like the Giovanni. Almost like Ventrue, but disturbing if played right.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    There was a Malkavian character concept that I've always wanted to play (admittedly it would be much funnier in a LARP, if I still played them, than table top, but either way). In this case, the Malkavian's derrangement is that he believes himself to be the main character in a Noir film and "self-narrates" his actions aloud and doesn't realize that everyone else can hear him (yes, this idea was conceived years before the episode of Family Guy that did this).

Had a friend back when I was playing this that wanted to do something very similar. Only his was under the impression that he was a Hero in an Action Movie. And he'd do all of his stunts...no stand ins or nothing!

Never did get to see that one play out.

As for on topic, I think my favorite is the Ventrue, as I tend to be a politico in many of the games I play in, and do well with the intrigue stuff. Aside from that, always have wanted to play a Tzmice (sp?) myself. Those guys are crazy on a level I would find morbidly fun.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tremere, Nosferatu and Assamite in no particular order.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the Assamite, Ventrue and Toreador, depends on my mood actually.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast