Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Which oWoD Vampire the Masquerade Clan is your Favorite? - Page 4
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Which oWoD Vampire the Masquerade Clan is your Favorite?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wait, wait, wait...you mean, the guys with the butterfly?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Yeah, i'd have to say Kiasyd. Their vampires with Fae blood, primarily the book-keepers and librarians of the Sabbat. Highly underrated, but a lot of fun character wise. Although, i wouldn't recommend using them unless you have experience playing a changeling...
    'Justice, like lightning, ever should appear to few men's ruin, but to all men's fear.'

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It would be a toss-up for me, Setites & Assamites are my favorite mostly due to the arabian flavor they offer.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tremere

Incarna; Role-Playing Game System
    www.incarna.net
    Running: 3+ campaigns set in single custom milieu world.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ventrue. I kinda like ruling over everyone else.
    Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
    Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
    Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
    Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Ventrue are my favorite Camarilla clan because I really enjoy the scheming. And there's something fun about being entirely two-faced.

The Tzimisce are my favorite Sabbat clan because they're disgustingly monstrous and scary as all get-out, but you have an excuse to keep the old-world snootiness of the Ventrue, though, they're awesome as street punks and riff-raff too.
    "Wit is educated insolence." - Aristotle

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My absolute favorite is the Tzimisce, Old Clan and current. There are just so many twisted possibilities with Vicissitude it's an awesome ability. I love playing them as a character, it's the best kind of freedom to roleplay eccentricity, vileness and just plain sick vampires. I guess after them it would be Ravnos just because I'm partial to gypsies.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Preach it, Doom Crow

Clan Tzimisce - A truly reprehensible collection of freaks and foul-ups.

I also really like the Brujah though. Hrm. Can I choose all of the above?
    "Wit is educated insolence." - Aristotle

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Malkavians are the bomb dot com.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The greatest NPC vamp in my games was a True Brujah. Also had fun as Lasombra and setites.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Never played but always liked : Brujah & Gangrel best .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gangrel rocks!!!!!!!!!!!
    D&D Home Page[/url] - What Class Are You?[/url] - Build A Character[/url] - D&D Compendium[/url]

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love toreador, this game is fundamentally social in concept and evertime I fight I feel like I've failed. If you think toreador are 'anne ricey' you don't know them well enough.

and my second favorite is Ventrue.. I love the hellsing universe and to me, these guys scream 'hellsing.' maybe its the british accent.

finally, i think tremere are fantastic. They aren't like anything else i've even encontered and I love originality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    It's tough to pick a favorite clan, because it comes down more to the character concept for me than favoring one clan over another. But if I had to choose, I'd probably say Malkavian for a very "non-standard" reason.

There was a Malkavian character concept that I've always wanted to play (admittedly it would be much funnier in a LARP, if I still played them, than table top, but either way). In this case, the Malkavian's derrangement is that he believes himself to be the main character in a Noir film and "self-narrates" his actions aloud and doesn't realize that everyone else can hear him (yes, this idea was conceived years before the episode of Family Guy that did this).

I play in a LARP where I saw someone do just that. It was an amazing character that ended in the rest of the Malkavian clan playing out the rest of his story for him acting out the villain and the damsel in an amazing scene.

As for me, it is really tough to say. Well, not really. Lasombra all the way. I love everything about Lasombra from the wonderful crack that is Obtenebration to the many Paths of Night, to Abyssal Mysticism, to the massive way they have fallen from their past glory to the wonderful hypocrisy of their clan at the heart of the Sabbat.

Other personal favourites include many esoteric bloodlines. Absolutely love Baali (GRRR they are never played right), True Brujah (who doesn't love Temporis?), Nagaraja (Ghouled Wraiths just say win), Salubri (just the sheer stupidity of this clan amuses me), and Gargoyles.

Also in Cam games, really like Tremere. My friend has a quote that really sums them up in just a wonderful way, "I am Tremere, we can do anything. That is one of the anythings we can do."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nosferatu, obviously.... hehehe.

I would have to say that the Lasombra are second and then probably the Tcimesce and then probably Gargoyle. Hmm... maybe I just like 'em ugly?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast