Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Which oWoD Vampire the Masquerade Clan is your Favorite?
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Which oWoD Vampire the Masquerade Clan is your Favorite?

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Which oWoD Vampire the Masquerade Clan is your Favorite?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I know there are at least a few here on pen and paper that are familiar with the older WoD (but still great) game Vampire the Masquerade, and I can't help but be curious as to who prefers which clan...

Personally I'm a Nosferatu, Malkavian and Gangrel fan
    Last edited by Rain_Spider_08; 07-21-2007 at 12:51 AM.
    "If you are flamable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedburg

"If you find you are falling into madness -- dive." -Malkavian Proverb

Swords don't need reloading... that's why I am a melee fan .

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    Lasambra, either Sabbat or anticlan (Path of Inner Voice).

Followed by a renegade Tremere (Path of Death).

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How about the 'Blood sucking kind'?

I mean, uh, there are different types of vampires?

Is this just another example of some gamer geek having way too much time on his hands to sit around and come up with 50 different types of blood suckers to sell a product to some other unsuspecting gamer geek without an imagination to generate blood sucking variables?

Downloads
    Uploads
    No there were only a few. I liked gangrel and malkavian(acting crazy comes natually to me). Each clan represented a slightly different take on the old myths and stories about vampires.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    Quote Originally Posted by shilar View Post
    I liked gangrel and malkavian (acting crazy comes naturally to me).
    Complex plotting and scheming come natural to me, so that's why I chose the Lasombra and the Tremere.

I never played a Gangrel or a Malkavian, or a Brujah either, because I viewed them as dull and simple.

But that was the good thing about the game, there was a clan for almost everyone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Zachary View Post
    Complex plotting and scheming come natural to me, so that's why I chose the Lasombra and the Tremere.

I never played a Gangrel or a Malkavian, or a Brujah either, because I viewed them as dull and simple.

But that was the good thing about the game, there was a clan for almost everyone.
    I never liked the Toreador, to me they were/are the "Anne Rice" vampires... The "Brujah" were better in the dark ages, they were usually scholars or warriors, not the hotheads they were in VtM, the Ventrue were better in the dark ages too in my opinion. The Giovanni just make me ill in general, as Gary said in VtM: bloodlines the PC game "That's the Giovanni, spagetti and corpses" not to mention incest... ugh
    "If you are flamable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedburg

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain_Spider_08 View Post
    I never liked the Toreador, to me they were/are the "Anne Rice" vampires...
    I agree, but I did play one once for one game night. I couldn't get into the character. They did have three very good clan disciplines though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Zachary View Post
    I agree, but I did play one once for one game night. I couldn't get into the character. They did have three very good clan disciplines though.
    I know you don't like them but I always loved the Gangrels disciplines, as well as the Nosferatu's.

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    I never liked Fortitude (beyond one rank) or Potence, but I often brought up my Celerity to three. I was never a warrior vampire, so Protean didn't do anything for me. And I never saw a use for Animalism. The Nosferatu's Obfuscation was good, but to me nothing else.

The Lasombra had Obtenebration and Domination. The Tremere had Thaumaturgy, Domination and Auspex. I would've loved it if the Lasombra had Auspex or presence instead of Potence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I find myself drawn to the Gangrel and Nosferatu time and time again. I think the concepts for the clans are a bit more .. "not stifling" .? Or so it felt.

I always felt like there was a great deal of precedent and form that informed characters from other clans. Or maybe I wasn't as comfortable with the associated precedent?

In the past, I've played with folks who did a great Malkavian (as well as those who - alas - did not.) I've never thought I was up to that flavor of a challenge, and feared the associated collateral damage that seems to follow members of the clan.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes Malkavians tend to cause a few problems. But then again which vamps don't in their own way. A lot of players play Malkavs childer over the top, kind of like how a lot of kender are played in D&D. I'd rather have you guessing just how crazy I really am. The thing a lot of players don't know about the Malkavians is that they are not really crazy just on info overload. According to the Malkavian clanbook Malkav has ascended to some form of psychic energy being. Linking all of his progeny in a kind of mental internet. The problem is although vamps are more than human their brains aren't, so they can't handle all of the data. So something goes *sproing* and we get something a little nuts. I always played up this side of being Malkavian. Playing more of a world wary eccentric who seems to know more than he should, than a raving loony.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The thing a lot of players don't know about the Malkavians is that they are not really crazy just on info overload. According to the Malkavian clanbook Malkav has ascended to some form of psychic energy being. Linking all of his progeny in a kind of mental internet.
    The Malkavian Madness Network, that's the official name of the "mental internet" you were thinking of. Malkavians don't have to be crazy crazy but they do have to have a derangement of some kind, personally I favor the power object fixation But true they aren't all complete wack-jobs just as intune with reality as they can be with a derangement and the Madness Network.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    I find myself drawn to the Gangrel and Nosferatu time and time again. I think the concepts for the clans are a bit more .. "not stifling" .? Or so it felt.

I always felt like there was a great deal of precedent and form that informed characters from other clans. Or maybe I wasn't as comfortable with the associated precedent?
    same here what I love the most about the gangrel and nosferatu (save the fact I just think they're amazing in general) is the fact that they both have a mutual respect for one another... the gangrel lose their emotion over time and the nosferatu lose their looks shortly after the embrace. They both suffer in the same yet different way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A lot of players play Malkavs childer over the top, kind of like how a lot of kender are played in D&D. I'd rather have you guessing just how crazy I really am. ... So something goes *sproing* and we get something a little nuts. I always played up this side of being Malkavian. Playing more of a world wary eccentric who seems to know more than he should, than a raving loony.
    And it's those well-played Malks that suggest to me that I simple don't *get* the Clan, and am stuck with a little less "sproing" in my character's step!
    Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1. Nosferatu
    2. Tremere
    3. Cappadocian (ok its Dark Ages not Masquerade)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast