Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
I Need a Monster or Monster Concept
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: I Need a Monster or Monster Concept

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question I Need a Monster or Monster Concept

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Backstory:
    Before the Cataclysm, 15,000 years ago, bunkers were established to house people to repopulate the world when the catastrophe was over. Well, in one such bunker, magic went haywire, and the food producing devices started to die. People starved by the hundreds until... they finally, secretly, began to resort to cannibalism to survive. First to die were the children, then the elderly... finally, the machines gave out and it was a free-for-all. The hunger was SO great, that even in death, the corpses rose to continue the feasting. EVERYTHING that might be edible was eaten... clothing, wood, bone, plastics... Now, after thousands of years, all that are left are skeletons (moving like zombies from "Night of the Living Dead"), fast-moving zombies (think "Boneys" from the movie "Warm Bodies"), and a single vampire (that doesn't realize he's a vampire). They all swarm anything living and attempt to consume anything even remotely consumable.

Enter the party.

I've got several versions of skellies and zoms, and I have a good write up for the vamp, but I want/need another monster/concept to put in this massive bunker (modeled after Bunker 221 in Ukraine ).

It has to be something that the ever-hungry undead won't want (inedible), and that won't feed on the tissues/bones of the undead (no slimes/oozes)... and I'm coming up empty. Then, on top of it, I need a reason WHY that thing is trapped in there with the undead.

The party is standard makeup of four, 3rd level Pathfinder characters: Fighter, Thief, Cleric, Magus

And if anyone wants to try, how about some magical item suggestions that are still intact after being gnawed upon for 15,000 years, that won't overpower the party. The items I have thus far is a Ring of Tongues (allows speech in any verbal language), and a Ring of Greater Swimming (+10 on Swim checks and Water Breathing for 10 minutes/day). This was NOT a martial/war bunker, but a bunch of scientists and administrators and their families, so no +X uber-weapons and Armor of NuthinHitsMe will be available.

I appreciate anyone that takes the time to make suggestions!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    a living spell that is the combination of the fragments of magical remains of the more edible magical stuff? maybe combine it with a spirit / the spirits of those who actually died? if you want uber-evil-creepy, give it a child personality and have it reprimand the undead for various things a child would catch the parents doing wrong, or even the things that happened during the collapse.
    Last edited by nijineko; 08-22-2015 at 07:32 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't expect there to be any thing or being left to eat long before 15,000 years lapsed

What exists outside of the bunker? From your description there isn't anything left. The undead kept feeding. That suggests they kept eating other undead. That is why I say there is no one and no thing left to eat or be eaten. The game is over long before it has a chance to begin.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    unless you allow for incorporeal, or other non-organic containing sentience remains, perhaps.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    some kind of construct that the pissed of spirits of the eaten are animating.