Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The Future of Pen & Paper Games - Page 3
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: The Future of Pen & Paper Games

Soft Serve is offline Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    It's been almost a year since I posted in this thread. The only thing that's changed is that the site seems less stable now with

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Appearing at the top of the page. XD It's like we're breaking the Matrix.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Take the BLUE pill! For the love of God, the BLUE PILL!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well the site does need a a little TLC. Things like fixing the chat app, but also things like getting rid of some of the older threads, or archiving them. It would also be nice if the player locator was cleaned up. As there needs to be a time limit on accounts that have been idle. Some of them have been around for years and have long been abandoned. We also might do well to update some of the forums to have sub forums that reflect current gaming interests. I for one have gone back to playing the Moldvay version of Basic D&D, but I hear that some people like the current 5e, yet there is no forum for such.

I am not sure if anything will be sufficient to bring people back given the profusion of game related forums, facebook groups, Google+, blogs, Twitter etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would imagine that many of those abandoned accounts are because the forum owner abandoned the site. The chat function has been down for two years now. Since the owner doesn't care, seems the members are returning the sentiment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, many of them are and were, but many were abandoned long before Farcaster gave up on the site. In fact there were abandoned accounts when I signed up 8 years ago. Well that sucks about chat they should probably just get rid of it then, but as I understand the site has no one who can take care of it.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've seen this on another site I modded for, if it's the same thing. The admin there was hard pressed to ever actually remove accounts. This served to continually inflate his site's member total, even if the members were long, long gone for years. I'm sorry to see PPG like this, but right now I'm too busy anyways so maybe that's part of what happened, but chat being down and problems with signup and no real adminning also contributed. I appeciate what I found here and the fun I had and the generosity of an RPG I won as a result of runnin a "convention" game here online. Alas.
    Abstruse Decapod

"Why aren't i just be able to write adventures that don't require crap like an Amish rpg?" -myself

Soft Serve is offline Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There's no right way to say that P&PG is not what it used to be, and it likely won't ever be. Maybe it'd be best if Matt handed the site down to someone and we refocused. Archive most everything, keep the site small for the few people who still pop in, let it grow back to what it was organically.

Cut our losses, cater to the few who still show up, restart.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Robert still owns the server and website. I had just come in to attempt to help. Sadly, even my own time has been consumed with work and family.
    Matt James
    Lead Developer, Vorpal Games
    Follow me on Twitter

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is sad. I hope this isn't the end of this forum and community as a whole. It all seems interesting and fun. We may even introduce this kind of gaming to the new generation. Let's not let this community fade out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm, I wonder if the admins of the page will ever come back to revive the forum, or did they move to a much-updated website?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a shame there are so many different RPG Player sites - PPG, EnWorld, Meetup, r/LFG, RPGGeek, FindGamers, etc. If only they could all join forces into a single shared database of LFG & LFP info.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last post on the topic, three years ago.

He's dead Jim.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually thought this site went down for the count a few years ago. I am amazed it still exists. I'm glad I saw an email notification by another player. I moved to FantasyGrounds a couple years ago to play with several players who moved from my area. Hi all.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123