Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Part: 2, Act: 1, Scene 1 - Page 9
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 156

Thread: Part: 2, Act: 1, Scene 1

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Concord
    Posts
    95
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Kryslogious

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    After dispatching his first opponent he turns his attention to the crossbow wielding Dwarf readying for combat (dodge AC bonus +1, AC = 24)

    (Initiative= 12)

  2. #122
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Budapest
    Age
    25
    Posts
    40
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Post Ersun

    Quote Originally Posted by Narayan View Post
    As you pass through after Ania you find yourself in a dank, dimly lit tunnel with another identical gate about twenty feet away. The air within stinks of half-rotten meat and old bloodstains. Both walls of the tunnel have been crudely excavated to make a holding cell (complete with iron bars) opposite a living space on the other. The eyes of the elderly goblin almost seem to glow in the deep shadows as he climbs atop a waist-high platform before the living space and seats himself behind a low desk at eye level with you.

    Beside the platform, seated on a bench, is one of the
    most hideous looking humanoids you've ever laid eyes on. He has putrid grayish skin with less body hair than a typical underfolk. His exceedingly broad shoulders are hunched forward and sagging exaggerating the already unnatural long reach of his arms. His hands are oddly large, clawed and very strong looking.

    Currently with one hand he grasps what looks like another humanoids forearm from which he rips strips of flesh off with the aid of fangs jutting out from beneath a grotesquely hooked nose. You'd guess if he stood to its full height this beastly being would stand about eight feet tall and carry nearly three hundred pounds of muscle.

    His clothing is little better than rags with a patchwork of chain hauberks strapped around his torso as armor. A heavy bladed axe is tucked into a belt around his waist along with a wickedly curved dagger. He stares at the pair of you as though literally sizing you up as pieces of meat he might chew on.

    Vakus meanwhile begins to shuffle papers around on his desk by the light of a single candle. (For a moment, you even wonder if this Goblin can actually read?!)

    Vakus: -Speaking Goblin- "So you wish to pass through yesss?" He asks imperiously.

    Ania: Corrects him. -Speaking Goblin- "It is not a wish, it is an order. As I said we are on an important errand for Crusher himself."

    Vakus: Frowns. "So you say... but I take my job very seriously, as you know Ania. I will not be dissuaded from my duty!"

    Ania: Nods. "I know the drill Vakus. Lets not waste any time..."

    Vakus: Smiles for a split second before he stands and looks to the... thing... beside him. --Speaking Undercommon- "Hold her!" He orders.

    With a grunt the thing rises from its bench and tucks the arm it was chewing inside its waist band for later, still dribbling with blood, and moves to reach for Ania. She does not appear to be alarmed however.

    [Ersun: What do you do?](Make a Knowledge: Dungeoneering, DC 16. Check to know what type of humanoid that is who is taking orders from Vakus)
    He quietly observes the odd pair of the goblin and the half-troll. The later one is definitely dangerous and he wouldnít like to try his mettle against him, especially at such close quarters. The small one on the other hand must be serving Crusher for a long time now, given his comfort at playing his part. Itís unlikely that he got picked up at an elderly age, more likely learnt into it over years or decades.

    When they move to do the drill on Ania he canít help but wonder what is going to happen, but since she doesnít seem alarmed he wonít take any action. He just hopes he wonít have to go through any discomfort during their checking out. It is also good to note the half-spawn doesnít seem to speak goblin., if it can speak at all. He figures the living space is for the goblin while the cell is for the half-breed. If so then he would be more alike to a pet than warden.

    Given that their exit is another alike sturdy door he has little chance of opening, he wonít fret over things and will just let things play out until something goes outside of the expected events.

    [Results of Dungeoneering:
    You are able to identify the other humanoid beside Vakus that reaches for Ania. It is a Half-Troll! A loathsome being possessing much of the strength and appetite for flesh of a troll with the patience and cunning of an underfolk. These abominations are extremely rare and generally are not permitted to live if they are found while they are still young. Those that do reach adulthood (usually far from the tribe) are typically shunned from civilization.

    Most Warmages consider lone half trolls too dangerous to live among the tribe, but on some occasions half trolls are employed by powerful merchants or underworld bosses who vouch for them. Crusher would no doubt qualify as a figure with enough influence not to be challenged by the Warmages for one half troll guard.]

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Bax, Garrisan, Kryslogious, Ordechai, Wrenwil

    __________________________________________________ ________

    <Start of Round 3>


    • Bleeding Damage ( * )
    • Fire Damage ( # )
    • Cold Damage ( @ )
    • Spell Damage ( ^ )
    • Poison Damage ( ! )

    The order of initiative is:
    (21) Garrisan (-4)
    (16) Bax
    (16) Wrenwill
    (12) Kryslogious
    (11) Ordechai (-7)(-1*)(+10)(-13)(Incapacitated)
    (10) Hill Dwarf 2 (-9)(-11)(Stunned)
    (02) Hill Dwarf 1 (-1^)
    __________________________________________________ ________

    Garrisan: Swings again at Ordechai!

    (Melee Attack: = 16, Hit)(Location: Head)(Damage: = 13, Serious Damage!)

    Garrisan swings high this time as Ordechai pivots away from his last near miss and catches the half dwarf solidly against his left temple! Sparks fly as his masterwork Barossan broadsword catches Ordechai's silver eyepatch and sends it flying along with a spray of blood! The blow is enough to incapacitate the half dwarf instantly and he immediately collapses!

    Bax: -Speaking Common- "YOOOU BASTAAARD!" He squeals and rushes Garrisan (5 Ft. Step) pulling a small wooden shank from his rags that he must have clawed away from the interior of the crate! (Free Action)


    (Melee Attack: 13 + 2 Flanking = 15, Hit!)(Location: Skull)(Damage: = 4)

    The goblin leaps up on Garrisans chest pulling himself up with his claws so he can use his makeshift weapon to best effectiveness, stabbing the Barossan in the skull near his good eye!

    Garrisan: (Fortitude Save vs. Stun, DC 4: = 22, Success) The wound is not nearly enough to stun the big Barossan however.

    [Wrenwil: It is your turn, What do you do?!] [Note: You may take a 5 ft. step towards Ordechai without provoking an AOO, but attempting to cast a touch spell on Ordechai will provoke an AOO since entering the same square as Ordechai means you are also entering one of Garrisans threatened squares and performing an action he does not approve of.]

    Last edited by Narayan; 07-15-2015 at 10:41 PM.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    55
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Wrenwil

    The mysterious gleaming knight seemed to be doing a magnificent job on the dwarves. The dirty buggers deserved every slice of it.

    Seeing Ordechai suffering to this drunkard bastard however angered the old man beyond belief. Ordechai needed more healing hands, but not yet, no doubt the sod would be after Wrenwil next. Thinking back to his days of study, Wrenwil came up with a golden plan, a painful distraction for the bastard.

    He rose his staff off the ground and called forth, "bring the venom of Pentos upon this fool!"

    A giant celestial bee appeared behind Garrisan, and busily and buzzily got to work on him.

    [Cast Summon Monster II, Celestial Giant Bee, Stats Here ]

    [I haven't played summon monster via PBP before so not sure if you want player or DM control of the creature. My intention is to place it behind Garrisan and attack immediately. For this my 1st attack roll = 4. Spend 1 Build Point. New attack roll = 21. Location 20 = Head. Damage = 1. Fort save DC 11 required. *sigh* Well that was fun but not overly effective ]
    Last edited by Ivan; 07-16-2015 at 06:48 AM.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Concord
    Posts
    95
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Kryslogious

    He turns shield at the ready marching towards his next target, the sound of metal clashing and the scrape of sand beneath his greaves. Again placing his sword into the sand he reaches fourth with a metal hand and attempts to drag the Dwarf from his mount.

    (Trip attack= 16 vs enemy ride)

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Ania, Ersun, Vakus

    The half troll stands to its full height, nearly eight feet, and easily grasps Ania's arms with over sized clawed hands. She looks uncomfortable to say the least, but by the set of her jaw she appears resolved to get it over with. As the half troll holds her still the goblin clambers down from his desk and gest his hands busy searching her possessions.

    Vakus:
    "You've been a busy girl..." He says rummaging through her robes' many pockets and pouches. "...and here again is the bag of holding you used to smuggle in this fellow..." He comments glancing towards Ersun. "He'll be next of course..."

    Ania: "I am aware of that Vakus." She says matter-of-factly.

    Vakus: Nods with apparent pleasure with her obedience with procedure. "You are a model of cooperation as usual Ania... so you should not be bothered by a new security precaution..." He adds with a sneer.

    Ania: Swallows. "New security precaution?" She asks with thinly veiled concern.

    Vakus: "Yes, something new and quite effective. It is a truth-potion, very strong. One swallow and you have to answer any question I ask with complete honesty."

    Ania: Frowns. "Such a thing does not exist."

    Vakus: Grins. "Believe me I had my doubts as well, but rest assured it works exactly as I claim." He says producing a strange vial of white liquid.

    Ania: "Forgive me for taking offense, but such a demand is beyond tolerance! Where did you get it? Who made it?"

    Vakus: Chuckles. "I am under no obligation to tell you! And you are in no position to argue. You will abide by this new procedure or else!" He spits testily.

    Ania: Glances towards you Ersun with genuine panic in her eyes. You note her body gets tense and the half troll's grip appears to become much harder. Ania actually grimaces and cries out. "You're hurting me!"

    The half troll grins with a very bloody smile, perhaps already savoring another meal to come...

    [Ersun: What do you do?]

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Bax, Garrisan, Kryslogious, Ordechai, Wrenwil

    Garrisan: (Fortitude Save vs. Bee, DC 11: = 11, Saves) Curses at the pain from Wrenwil's summoned celestial bee. "Don't interfere you fool!" He shouts at Wrenwil.
    __________________________________________________ __________

    Hill Dwarf 1: (Ride Check: = 7, Fail)

    The crossbow wielding foe curses loudly as the armored knight handily dismounts him, yanking him off his saddle into the sand. The knight wastes no time taking advantage of the moment, jabbing at the prone and winded dwarf with his sword. However the edge of his sword is deflected by the dwarf's heavy steel breastplate.
    __________________________________________________ __________

    Hill Dwarf 2: (Fortitude Save vs. Stun, DC 11: = 22, Success)

    Witnessing his fellow hill dwarf pulled from the saddle apparently restores the younger hill dwarf's willpower and clarity. Though still reeling from pain and blood loss he somehow finds the strength to rise again, (Move Action) except this time the knight has his back turned and is not prepared to strike him down again with an attack of opportunity. He staggers towards the knight drawing a hand axe from his belt in the process (Free Action)(5 Ft. Step)

    Kryslogious: (Fate Pool Listen Check, DC 13: = 7, Fail)
    [Knight is now flat footed]

    Unfortunately, the knight fails to hear his fallen foe regain his footing and approach him.

    Hill Dwarf 2: (Melee Attack Roll: = 20, Hit!)(Location: Lower Back)(Damage: = 6)

    The wounded hill dwarf hacks at the knights lower back and manages to penetrate through his steel plate armor!

    Hill Dwarf 1: Rolls over and shouts with satisfaction -Speaking Dwarven- "GOOD HIT SON! LETS DROP THIS BASTARD!" He rages, twisting while the knight is distracted to pull out a short sword (Move Action) slicing angrily at the knights legs hoping for a lucky hit.

    (Melee Attack: [-4 from prone, +2 from Flanking] = 22, Miss)(Damage against Tower Shield: [10 Hardness] = 3, No Damage)

    The older Hill Dwarf's blade strikes the knights tower shield without any real effect.

    <End of Round 3>
    ___________________________________________


    [Everyone: Roll Initiative for round 4]


    Last edited by Narayan; 07-19-2015 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Added Garrisans Fortitude Save

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Concord
    Posts
    95
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Kryslogious

    The sound of his sword deflecting off metal plate was promptly followed by a heavy impact to his rear, he felt the blade sneak under one of his plates impacting him hard through the under chain. The sting distracts him from reacting.

    (Initiative roll= 3)

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Bax, Garrisan, Kryslogious, Ordechai, Wrenwil

    __________________________________________________ ________

    <Start of Round 4>


    • Bleeding Damage ( * )
    • Fire Damage ( # )
    • Cold Damage ( @ )
    • Spell Damage ( ^ )
    • Poison Damage ( ! )

    The order of initiative is:
    (20) Garrisan (-4)(-1)
    (19) Hill Dwarf 1 (-1^)
    (16) Bax
    (12) Wrenwill
    (03) Kryslogious (-6)
    (02) Hill Dwarf 2 (-9)(-11)
    (-) Ordechai (-7)(-1*)(+10)(-13)(Incapacitated)
    __________________________________________________ ________



    Last edited by Narayan; 07-19-2015 at 10:00 PM.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    55
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Wrenwil

    His summoning caused a distraction, but it seemed that it was going to take more than this to get the situation under control. Wrenwil thought carefully on what to do next, maybe thinking... just a little too long.

    [Initiative = 12]

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Bax, Garrisan, Kryslogious, Ordechai, Wrenwil

    Garrisan: Lowers the gleaming, bloodied edge of his masterwork Barossan Broadsword down to Ordechai's throat and glares at Wrenwil with an unspoken threat. "IT'S FINISHED! WE HAVE HIM!" He shouts before glancing at Bax as well to be sure the goblin understands. (Readies coupe-de-grace action) "Ordechai is coming with us, dead or alive!"

    Hill Dwarf 1: Hears Garrisans words and adds his own shouting up at Kryslogious. -Speaking Common- "IT'S OVER DAMN YOU! Whoever you are, cease your attack! We are lawful bounty hunters! That mule is a wanted criminal!" (Activates Active Parrying - Free Action)(Attempts to stand - Move Action)

    [Kryslogious: You may attempt another AOO against Dwarf 1 for the new round, but you will have to make an opposed attack roll to hit him this time, though he still suffers a -4 to his roll. Do you attempt the AOO or not? You may attempt a Sense Motive Check as a Swift Action beforehand to first ascertain the honesty of his words.]

    Bax:
    Appears to seethe with hate as he stares at Garrisan and speaks. "YOU ARE A DEAD MAN! Put up your blade and you may live a while longer. Kill him and you will shortly follow!" (Swift Action - Intimidation Check: = 6, Fail)(Holds Action)

    Garrisan: (Swift Action - Sense Motive Vs. Bax Intimidation: = 20, Success) The Barossan snorts. "Big words for a very small creature holding a splinter!"

    [Wrenwil: It is your turn, what do you do? You may attempt a Sense Motive Check as a Swift Action to first ascertain the honesty of his words before you act.Garrisan expects you to un-summon your bee. That is something you can do as a free action so you may do both if you choose without using any move or standard actions.]
    Last edited by Narayan; 07-21-2015 at 12:25 AM.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Concord
    Posts
    95
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Kryslogious

    Standing still in his spot he says a short sentence in Old Chivalan

    "what doth thee declare mine lord?"

    Erupting from under the helm was a heavy authoritative voice. His facing never changed but the words were definitely directed to Wrenwil, ready at a moments notice to attack should he give the order.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    55
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Wrenwil

    The bee having made it's attack, retreated from the melee to die.

    ~Such a short life. And mine will be short also if I do not tread carefully. Could it be true? My friend is a criminal? They proclaim to be lawful, after only moments ago threatening to steal my coin. I smell a rat or two, or three!~

    [Sense Motive: 15 (+3) = 18]
    Last edited by Ivan; 07-21-2015 at 02:56 AM.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Bax, Garrisan, Kryslogious, Ordechai, Wrenwil

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrenwil
    ~Such a short life. And mine will be short also if I do not tread carefully. Could it be true? My friend is a criminal? They proclaim to be lawful, after only moments ago threatening to steal my coin. I smell a rat or two, or three!~


    [Note: Technically they did not threaten to steal your coin, they asked you how many coins you carried? That question could easily be a lead up to a robbery though, so if that's how your character chooses to interpret it that's fine.]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrenwil
    [Sense Motive: 15 (+3) = 18]


    Results of your Skill Check
    _______________________

    You get the impression that Garrisan and the dwarves honestly believe they have lawful motives for this assault. However, different lands and races have different laws so that does not necessarily make it right. Also, don't forget you are in a no mans land anyway which means there technically is no law here.
    ____________________________________________

    [Wrenwil: What do you do? Don't forget, the mystery knight also asked you a question.]



  15. #135
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    55
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Wrenwil

    The tired and elderly cleric held his staff at the ready. Maybe these small folk spoke the truth?

    "Wait my friend, this can be resolved with no further blood," he said to the knight.

    "You..." Wrenwil gestured with his open left hand to the Barossan first, then the hill dwarves.

    "... owe us your lives if I am not mistaken. Saved from a dank silty end with the fishes! This man you proclaim as a criminal, is why you stand on solid ground with air in your lungs. I beseech you to consider! Let him live a little longer. Restrain him if you must, then I will assist him so much as to allow him to speak. We will hear his defense of these accusations, right here, right now! So much as touch him again, move but an inch, and more blood will flow. "

    [Wrenwil is going on the defensive and awaiting a reaction]

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •