Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Part: 2, Act: 1, Scene 1 - Page 8
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 156

Thread: Part: 2, Act: 1, Scene 1

  1. #106
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Bax, Garrisan, Kryslogious, Ordechai, Wrenwil

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    __________________________________________________ ________

    <Start of Round 1>



    • Bleeding Damage ( * )
    • Fire Damage ( # )
    • Cold Damage ( @ )
    • Spell Damage ( ^ )
    • Poison Damage ( ! )



    The order of initiative is:

    (16) Bax
    (13) Ordechai
    (15) Garrisan
    (15) Wrenwill
    (14) Kryslogious
    (13) Hill Dwarf 1
    (08) Hill Dwarf 2
    __________________________________________________ ________

    Bax immediately rolls back unto his feet, fangs barred in a defensive posture as he is not seriously hurt, but is then clearly distracted by the man in plate armor appearing out of thin air! (Bax Holds his action)

    Garrisan is also alarmed by the site of the knight, but it seems his instinct is to follow-through with drawing his sword and step closer towards the brewing confrontation. For the moment, he appears to view the knight as another possible threat. (Move Action to position himself 5 ft. away from Ordechai & Wrenwil facing the knight and the hill dwarves.)

    Garrisan: "Is he friend or foe?!" He asks out loud to anyone who will answer.

    Meanwhile, shouts of alarm can also be heard from the rest of the caravan bringing up the rear.

    [Wrenwil: It is your turn, what do you do?]

  2. #107
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    55
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Wrenwil

    Wrenwil stood firm and ready with his staff, glancing quickly to the knight and yelling "Friend I think!"

    [Total defense for this round to see if the Dwarves still want a taste of us. +4 dodge bonus for this round I believe]
    Last edited by Narayan; 07-06-2015 at 09:42 PM.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Concord
    Posts
    95
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Kryslogious

    It was the end of the tunnel, a familiar feeling. His senses seemed to come alive, the sensation of air moving through slits of his plate, heavy breathing as his lungs filled with air. It was hot and tension rose within the air. He could see himself standing amongst a small hand full of people through the tiny slit in his helmet. He closed his eyes briefly sensing, feeling the calling of the book. A man stood besides him, opposed to a couple of dwarves with weapons drawn. It was then he knew his charge.

    He then drew his blade from his scabbard and heaved his massive kite shield off his back and onto his arm in a swift trained motion (quick draw). The flowing crest on his shield shined off the days sun and his blade sharp and ready, an old inscription down the blade faded and missing letters. Without muttering a word he approaches the dwarves (move 20 feet) shield at the ready waiting confirmation of their resolve to do battle with him (Raises shield for total cover).
    Last edited by Narayan; 07-06-2015 at 09:41 PM.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Bax, Garrisan, Kryslogious, Ordechai, Wrenwil

    Ordechai glances back and forth between the hill dwarf holding a crossbow, Wrenwill, and the mysterious knight in full plate. After the armored stranger steps before the hill dwarf weilding the spear, Ordechai seems to make up his mind.

    Ordechai: Glares up at the hill dwarf on the pony. -Speaking Dwarven- "It's none of your business!" He says grasping the chain attached to Bax's collar. "This creature is my slave, I can kick him into the dirt as often as I like!"

    Hill Dwarf 1: -Speaking Dwarven - "Only filth would keep and trade in filth like that!" He says angrily. "Your new friends may not recognize it, but I know what those burns mean. You deserve to die!" He says firing his crossbow at Ordechai!

    (Crossbow Attack: = 17, Hit!)(Location: Right Leg)(Damage: =7)

    Ordechai howls in pain as a crossbow bolt impales his right leg!

    Hill Dwarf 2: Jabs his spear at the armored knight!(Jabs spear at armored knight: = 24, Hit!)(Location: Shield because of total cover)(Damage: = 11, -10 Harness = 1)


    < End of Round 1 >

    [Everyone: Roll Initiative Again]
    Last edited by Narayan; 07-06-2015 at 09:45 PM.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    55
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Wrenwil

    The old cleric looked on with horror as the bolt crunched into his friend's leg. It was a wakeup call. It was partly his fault. With heart pumping and ears ringing, Wrenwil felt that spark, that tiny flame of undiscovered glory he'd extinguished in earlier years. He was pumped, and ready to take this all the way, the hole hog so to speak.

    [Initiative 18 (+2 Dex) = 20]

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Concord
    Posts
    95
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Kryslogious

    The sound reverberates through his shield, a challenge, a call to battle. The sound of a crossbow letting loose a bolt and a heavy swish of air move past his left as the fired bolt hits home to its target, he could hear the cry but stays focused ahead. Lowering his shield he sizes up his opponent, looking thoroughly at his armor and weapon.

    ~the spear wilt becometh a problem as one is to stayeth mounted to his horse, I must remove one from t.~ Kryslogious thought to himself preparing himself for his move.

    [Initiative = 17]

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Bax, Garrisan, Kryslogious, Ordechai, Wrenwil

    __________________________________________________ ________

    <Start of Round 2>


    • Bleeding Damage ( * )
    • Fire Damage ( # )
    • Cold Damage ( @ )
    • Spell Damage ( ^ )
    • Poison Damage ( ! )

    The order of initiative is:

    (20) Bax
    (20) Wrenwill
    (20) Hill Dwarf 1
    (17) Kryslogious
    (12) Hill Dwarf 2
    (11) Ordechai (-7)(-1*)
    (04) Garrisan
    __________________________________________________ ________


    Bax: Rushes over to Ordechai's side as the big half dwarf clutches at his leg. (Move Action)

    Ordechai:
    "Pull out the bolt Bax!" He orders.

    Bax: Yanks out the crossbow bolt none too smoothly. (2nd Move Action) Ordechai howls with pain. (+1 bleeding Damage to Ordechai)


    [Wrenwil: It is your turn, what do you do?]

  8. #113
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    55
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Wrenwil

    Wrenwil wanted revenge badly, but commonsense prevailed. He had no idea how much strength Ordechai had left within, and the half-dwarf would no doubt be better in melee than an old man and his stick. Wrenwil went with the sensible choice, leaning to the side to touch his friend, "Ordechai, let me help you!" he called on Pentos for the gift of nurture and healing.

    [Casting Cure Light Wounds on Ordechai. 10 Hit Points rolled. Attack roll of 16 done to touch him.]
    Last edited by Ivan; 07-09-2015 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Added an attack roll just in case

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Bax, Garrisan, Kryslogious, Ordechai, Wrenwil

    Ordechai: Sighs with gratitude as his wound heals but also protests. -Speaking Common- "You should stay back, it's me they want!" He argues.

    Dwarf 1:
    -Speaking Common- "You want to help that filth?! Fine you get one too!" He shouts firing a crossbow bolt at you Wrenwil! (Crossbow attack: = 7, Miss)

    [Kryslogious: It is your turn, What do you do?]
    Last edited by Narayan; 07-09-2015 at 11:18 PM.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Concord
    Posts
    95
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Kryslogious

    Kryslogious: Swiftly stabs his blade into the sand freeing his hand, with a sharp motion he reaches for the spear wielding dwarf atop his mount.

    (Trip Attempt: = 26, vs enemy ride check 11)

    With a firm hand he grabs the rider and forces him off his mount and onto the ground, then with a quick motion [quick draw] he rearms himself with his blade and attacks!

    (Unarmed Attack: = 20, vs prone target)(Hit location: = 19, Head)(Damage: =9)
    Last edited by Narayan; 07-12-2015 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Edited for proper formatting

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Bax, Garrisan, Kryslogious, Ordechai, Wrenwil

    Quote Originally Posted by Shun001 View Post
    Kryslogious: Swiftly stabs his blade into the sand freeing his hand, with a sharp motion he reaches for the spear wielding dwarf atop his mount.

    (Trip Attempt: = 26, vs enemy ride check 11)

    With a firm hand he grabs the rider and forces him off his mount and onto the ground, then with a quick motion [quick draw] he rearms himself with his blade and attacks!

    (Unarmed Attack: = 20, vs prone target)(Hit location: = 19, Head)(Damage: =9)
    The hill dwarf is not wearing a helm, just a chain shirt with a shield on his back, and screams as your longsword slices into his scalp nearly cutting through his thick skull in the process! (Fortitude Save to avoid being stunned, DC 9: = 22, Success)

    Blood immediately soaks through his hair and down into his collar but it is his eyes that draw in your attention. The eyes of an enemy in full panic fighting for his life!

    Hill Dwarf 2: Jerks away from you and readies his shield off his back (Move Action) before attempting to rise to his feet (Move Action) which provokes an attack of opportunity!

    [Kryslogious: You may take your attack of opportunity vs. the Hill Dwarf but he does gain the benefit of a Heavy Wooden Shield to his AC this time]
    ________________________________________

    Ordechai:
    Glares hatefully at the hill dwarf with the crossbow and raises his good hand towards him twitching his fingers threateningly while his lips murmur the words for casting a spell!

    A cone of searing flames erupts from his finger tips out to a distance of 15 ft. that easily engulfs the hill dwarf and his pony! [Though he aims it far enough to the side to avoid catching Kryslogious in the process] (Damage: = 3)

    Hill Dwarf 1: (Reflex Save for 1/2 Damage, DC 13: = 15, Saves)
    Pony: (Reflex Save for 1/2 Damage, DC 13: = 21, Saves)

    However, both the hill dwarf and his mount avoid the worst of the burns. (Suffers 1 Damage Each) Yet they are still startled and the rider has to struggle somewhat to keep the pony under control!

    Hill Dwarf 1: (Ride Check: = 12, Success)
    ______________________________________________


    Garrisan: Last to act, sword still brandished. Since the knight in plate armor clearly needs no assistance fighting his own battles Garrisan apparently decides that moving up behind Ordechai (Move Action) approaching the mounted hill dwarf with the crossbow is the most prudent course of action. However, something is off with his expression as he nears Ordechai...

    [Wrenwil: Make a Sense Motive check, DC 8]
    Last edited by Narayan; 07-13-2015 at 02:05 AM.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    55
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Wrenwil

    Surprises! Surprises everywhere. The knight and his gruesome hit, Ordechai wielding magic... so confusing. It had been a long time since Wrenwil had seen action such as this.

    [Sense Motive: 2 (+3 Wis) = 5 opps]

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Concord
    Posts
    95
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Kryslogious

    His opponent works his way back to his feet but in the process another swift swing comes from Kryslogious' blade!

    (attack roll 18+5=23) (Hit location 19= Head) (damage 1d8+3=11)

    Coming down hard on his head yet again with a ferocious swing.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Bax, Garrisan, Kryslogious, Ordechai, Wrenwil

    Quote Originally Posted by Kryslogious
    His opponent works his way back to his feet but in the process another swift swing comes from Kryslogious' blade!

    (attack roll 18+5=23) (Hit location 19= Head) (damage 1d8+3=11)

    Coming down hard on his head yet again with a ferocious swing.
    Hill Dwarf 2: (Fortitude Save vs. Stun, DC 11: = 10, Fail)[A stunned creature drops everything held, canít take actions, takes a -2 penalty to AC, and loses his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any)]

    Your first blow sent the dwarf into a panic, the second makes him stagger and groan loudly. His shield slips from his grasp and falls into the sands. He is almost at the point of blacking out from shock and blood loss and is thus very unsteady on his feet. It is doubtful in your estimation that he will remain a further threat.

    __________________________________________________ ______

    Bax: (Sense Motive Check, DC 8: = 18, Success)

    As Garrisan approaches Bax lets out a warning shout as Garrisan suddenly swings his blade at Ordechai's back! [Bax's shout allows Ordechai to glance back at the last instant and not be caught flat-footed by Garrisans surprise attack]

    Garrisan:
    (Melee Attack: = 13, Miss) "YOU ARE ONE OF THEM!" He shouts at Ordechai in a sudden fury as his Barossan broadsword slices so close to him it tears a long cut through his cloak.

    < End of Round 2>

    [Everyone: Roll initiative for round 3]
    Last edited by Narayan; 07-14-2015 at 01:44 AM.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    55
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Wrenwil

    Wrenwil was shocked at the attack from the Barossan, especially since Ordechai had contributed to his safe arrival on these shores. The drunkard had shown his true colors. Time to act!

    [Initiative = 16]

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •