Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 156

Thread: Part: 2, Act: 1, Scene 1

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Ania, Crusher, Ersun

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Crusher: "Izel told you about the scouts captured on the borders of our territory. Under interrogation they explained they came from Masaeus, as does the emissary you are traveling back with. An agent of mine will travel with you and remain by your side. She will report back to me about all that transpires, just as you will to Izel. Her name is Aesedai."

    [Ersun:
    What do you do?]

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    55
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Wrenwil

    Wrenwil crouched to collect his staff from the wet decking, rose to a straight stance, and looked towards the bow to scan the field of view. ~A ha! My kit.~ There it was, his big burly pack in plain sight. Sure, there was nothing of exceptional value inside, but it had taken him many days to acquire all the possessions within, an assortment of travelers necessities and a few good books. All things he wasn't going to appreciate having handled and picked through by this... thing. ~What the ferral's breath is that?~

    [Knowledge Check - History General = 17 (+5) = 23]
    [Just in case he has ever read about a creature matching the description of the thing in the crate.]

    He quickly considered the available options, a good whack would probably solve it!

    No, there had already been more than enough action for this old man today. The way some of the passengers were hollering with the crew, there was probably more action brewing regardless. ~Can I have just a moment without a pain in the proverbial this day!~ Wrenwil decided to play this one tactfully, using his age and rough appearance to his advantage, just another nobody... a nobody who wanted his stuff.

    Casually walking to the bow with walking stick in hand, he accentuated his mild limp a little and stopped some three yards from the hooded figure. In common tongue he said "Excuse me kind man, these here are my humble belongings," he pointed at the pack with his trusty stick before continuing, "It seems your friend might be interested in the contents, perhaps planning an escape? I can tell you now, there is nothing of particular value in there, unless it wishes to read the third edition of Once was a Fine Maiden. If you don't mind, I'm going to take my things and just walk away yes?"
    Last edited by Ivan; 05-31-2015 at 06:04 AM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Budapest
    Age
    25
    Posts
    40
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Post Ersun

    He nods and then scratches his head a little. He opens his mouth a little as if meaning to say something but then closes it as he gathers his thoughts. In the end he remarks:
    “Maybe this little meeting was just for the pleasure of my company after all, and maybe to spook me with mind flayers...” He pauses a little again before expressing himself more clearly. “I’ve made a few assumptions on my trip up to this point, so might be mistaken, but: I figured the reason you have to go through such an elaborate way to speak with me was because while you and Izel might be acquaintances, your agendas might differ behind the scenes, resulting in imperfect sharing of information and trust issues. Another I’ve made was that I was going to leave through magical means, which would by supplied by Izel, or one of his subordinates. Now trying to put these two together along with what you’ve told me raises a few questions.”
    He somewhat regrets he decided against taking ale due to his mouth drying, but he most certainly won’t change his mind about it now.
    “If you two have a relationship that more-or-less works, then it is really unnecessary to bring me here only to tell me I would have another person’s company on the road. If you two don’t have a relationship where you could work out adding another person to the expedition, then that raises the question of how will she come along with me?”
    “Now, I know I am only seeing a few pieces of the picture, and I am trying to fill in the rest by those, but by the ones I have, the picture doesn’t add up. One of those missing ones is: what is exactly the relationship between you and Izel, which requires such a work-around with me as this? If I may ask...”
    Maybe it isn’t exactly his place to pry into such things, but surely it’s not much to ask after what they put him through so far, not to speak of what more they plan for him further on, as he is sure there will be plenty more. Of course, there is a difference in authority and power, but those are matters of perception, and they are often much more fragile than they seem. He also realises that this woman isn’t necessarily from Aridu, and could be waiting at his destination as Crushes did say that he has contacts there, but the truth is he really is just most curious about the workings behind the scenes, and this is a decent reasoning to ask with.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Wrenwil

    Results of your Roll____________________________________

    (
    Knowledge Check - History General = 17 (+5) = 23)Just in case he has ever read about a creature matching the description of the thing in the crate.

    It's a Goblin!

    __________________________________________________ ______



    The stranger reacts immediately to your observation, throwing up his cloak to free his limbs. He looks to be a half-dwarf, or 'mule' to use the popular vernacular, standing about 5'6" weighing approximately 220 lbs with his thick build. He wears a heavily soiled longsleeve tunic and trousers, with several days worth of stubble on his face, but what is most notable about his appearance is his missing left hand and left eye!

    The whole left side of his face is ruined by a horrible burns deep enough to reveal raw cheekbone. His left eye socket is covered by a masterwork silver eyepatch inset with a smooth-polished blue sapphire in a shade very similar to his right eye. His hair is coarse, black and heavily tangled draping loose over his temples to the tops of his shoulders.

    Instead of a hand he has a bent iron fork attached to a cup fitted over the stump of his left forearm. He
    lurches up off his heals to lunge over the crate, using his fork to pin the goblins hand as it attempts in vain to retract it back through the knothole. Immediately the creature starts to howl in protest.

    The half dwarf seems to grunt with satisfaction as much as anger as he reaches over with his good hand to try and grab one of the goblins fingers. Sturbbornly, the creature balls its hand into a fist inspiring a string of curses from the half dwarf.

    Half Dwarf: -Speaking Common- "Gimmie a finger you worthless cretin! You know the punishment for sticking your hands where they dont belong!"

    Immediately the goblin struggles all the more and the crate starts to shudder and crack with the violence of his resistance.

    Half Dwarf: "GIMMIE A FINGER OR I'LL BREAK EM ALL!" He roars (Intimidate Check: = 14)

    Goblin: (Level Check vs. Intimidation: = 22, Win)

    The Goblin begins to shriek and hiss a stream of curses in its own foul language which only angers the half dwarf further.

    Half Dwarf:
    "YOU DOUBT ME YOU LITTLE BASTARD?!" He growls and struggles to pry open the goblins hand by force. (Opposed Strength Check: = 23, Auto Win)
    "HAH!" He exclaims with triumph successfully isolating two of the Goblins fingers in his grip. Immediately thereafter there is a sickening cracking sound like twigs snapping. The Goblin howls with pain inside the crate but the dwarf holds firm. "THAT'S WHAT YOU GET! ...Now tell me, WHO is the boss?" He asks. A murmered whimper can barely be heard from the crate. "LOUDER!" He urges. The Goblin answers with more spirit and the half dwarf is finally satisfied releasing the creatures wounded hand.

    Half Dwarf: Turns to address you letting out a deep breath. "My apologies stranger, this one has been difficult to train to say the least. By all means take back your pack"

    [Wrenwill: What do you do?]
    Last edited by Narayan; 06-08-2015 at 09:10 PM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Ania, Crusher, Ersun

    Crusher: Smirks "Izel does not have the ability to magically teleport you anywhere! Only the so-called 'speaker of the council' has that power and Izel already admitted he won't be informing the council about this mission. His arrangement with the emissary is that she will be the one to teleport you back with her, after he releases her scouts. I gather than that she is either a powerful caster in her own right or has powerful allies back in Vulkh. "

    "There is no need to inform Izel about this arrangement because Aesedai will rendevous with you after you leave with the scouts to meet up with their emissary at a prearranged rendevous spot. Izel shouldn't accompany you so he won't know anything about Aesedai unless you tell him. Of course, the emissary from Vulkh may be reluctant to take a second emissary back with her, but you will convince her its either both of you, or neither of you."

    "Tell the truth... explain there is a powerful underworld operating outside the law of your tribe, which in all fairness, has the means to make or break the current heirarchy. There are no serious decisions made by the leadership of the tribe that I am not involved with, and I'll be damned if Izel gets first opportunity with a potential ally without my own pawn in the game!"

    "As for my relationship with Izel, there is none to speak of. He may not loathe me as much as Ania's father Kairos does, but he wouldn't hesitate to destroy me given the chance. Izel is as covetous as he is ambitious. He wants to be the next speaker of the council! That's why he's not involving the rest of the council in this mission, regardless of what he may have said about mind flayer spies. The truth is, he wants to reap all the political benefits of this potential alliance for himself!"


    [Ersun: What do you do?]

    Last edited by Narayan; 06-01-2015 at 06:31 PM.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    55
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Wrenwil

    He had tried to interject once this stranger started the finger-cracking business, but Wrenwil couldn't get a word in edgeways. He wanted to explain that torturing the poor sod wasn't necessary, no real harm had occurred here. It was too late. The deed was done. Wrenwil crinkled his brow and wondered why he felt so guilty about this, it was a nasty goblin afterall! He'd read several stories about goblin mischief, antics and the terrible things they could achieve in numbers. He reflected on the second commandment, "Spread the rule and domain of man above all others." The key word here was "man". This half dwarven fellow, aside from the finger-cracking, seemed pretty reasonable. Near enough to being a "man", or at least half of one. The goblin on the other hand was far from manhood.

    Wrenwil knew it was going to be a hard night of slogging through prayer and confession tonight, should he survive the rest of the day. The tragic demise of those who had fallen overboard, they would never be buried as all men should. Given the circumstances though, and the gift of Pentos in saving these poor peoples lives, it was a pretty clear his standing with the god was intact. ~A OK~

    He nodded politely at the stranger, checked the straps and lifted the pack onto his back. Standing there a moment he considered his next move. Secretly Wrenwil wanted to unleash a barrage of questions, but probably not a wise move. ~Low profile remember.~ Finally with one hand on his stick, he extended the other and introduced himself, "I'm Nik, and grateful for your understanding. I didn't mean to cause any trouble for you or the little guy. How far to Masaeus you think?"

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Budapest
    Age
    25
    Posts
    40
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Post Ersun

    “Fair enough,” he says with a nod. “Although it seems to me everyone is serving their own interests here without exception. While we may share a dislike for mind flayers, if a case would come where sacrificing the tribe would grant your revenge I would doubt your magnanimity.”

    He sighs and just quietly inspects the details of the building before continuing.

    “But such is the way of things. I assume you have something prepared to help me work with you? ...Threats of my well being or that of my family, blackmail, or maybe something more thoughtful.” Considering the reputation and image Crusher has built, he would be sourly disappointed if those would be missing.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Garrisan

    ~Why oh why did I think it was a good idea to drink so much before this hellish riverboat ride?~ You ponder as you cling to the gunwale, thoroughly drenched and very ill. ~Twenty five years on the road and I still can't stand ****ing boats!~ You curse to yourself. The truth is blaming the boat is just an excuse. Each passing year your youthful prime slips a little further away, but as you retch out the last of your breakfast over the side an old Barossan saying comes to mind... 'Hold Fast!'

    The truth is you weren't on this cursed riverboat trying to reach Masaeus, you only boarded it to observe the half dwarf, who you recognized was also Barossan the first moment you glimpsed him. His blue eye gave that away cold. Barossans were the only culture on the continent of Akhenaten that usually had blue eyes, a sign of your Gallian ancestry.

    The half dwarf was rumored to know more about the network you seek, but you didn't expect a mere trader to be so cruel as the sound of the Goblins fingers snapping makes you cringe. The other man, clearly a foreigner
    ~yet also the savior of the day in fact~ seemed a little put off by that as well, though he seems too polite to say anything. (You did overhear him say his name was 'Nik')

    ~When shall the right time be?~
    You wonder thinking about the timing to approach the half dwarf for information. ~Be done with it now or wait for a more private moment where none could help the half-dwarf if he decided to resist? ...Better to wait...~ You decide. Unfortunately the argument between the crew and the passengers appears to be quickly getting out of hand which will make any further eavesdropping much more difficult.

    [Garrisan: Make a listen check, DC 16] If you want to continue eavesdropping on the half dwarf and the foreigner in your current position.


    Last edited by Narayan; 06-03-2015 at 01:25 AM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Wrenwil

    Realizing his struggle with the goblin has attracted stares, the half dwarf quickly throws up his hood and steps towards you so he can speak in a lower voice.

    Half-Dwarf:
    "My name is Ordechai friend. I am grateful to you for saving my life, that was nice work with the rudder... Because of that I owe you some good advice. I see you are a foreigner, and by your accent it is clear you have traveled far, so let me tell you Masaeus is the last place you want to be right now."

    "I'm not sure if you noticed, but by the way a few of those trade ships were riding low in the water they were panicked enough to leave port without offloading their cargo. They were also willing to drown any hapless riverboats that drifted into their path without a second thought. Whatever they were fleeing from seems like serious trouble to me."

    "If you must get there, I can show you a different way off this cursed riverboat. I know my way around Vulkh pretty well and I have contacts who can tell us what's really going on. As I said, I'm grateful to you for saving my life so its the least I can do. What do you say?"
    Last edited by Narayan; 06-08-2015 at 09:10 PM.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    55
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Wrenwil

    Not only was this half-a-dwarf appreciative for Wrenwil's good luck with the steering, he seemed... well, pretty respectable aside from the goblin torture bit. Wrenwil needed to think hard on this. Ordechai's offer bounced around in his mind a little while, ~What to do, what to do.~ He tapped his stick lightly on the deck a few times, a nervous twitch born of deep thinking. With passengers and crew continuing their escalating barney behind him, a decision needed to be made fast.

    Wrenwil liked to observe and analyze, sometimes to extremes. The facts were compelling. The fellow had no interest in his pack or belongings, they had a mutual interest in getting off this forsaken boat, he'd identified potential risk ahead, ~My accent? What accent! Damn I need to be careful.~ and what would Ordechai want with setting a trap for a random old man on a doomed riverboat?

    Leaning forward a little, Wrenwil spoke quietly "Ordechai, I am most grateful. It seems that it could be my life you are saving. If you have knowledge of another way to Masaeus, or indeed Cabarda, then I am your humble companion, but only if it is convenient for you. If we do this, how shall we get off this confounded piece of river-junk?"

    [Sense Motive = 13 (+3 Wis) = 16]
    [Just a pre-emptive check in case Wrenwil gets a sniff that Ordechai might be being less than "genuine".]

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    El paso
    Posts
    166
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Garrisan
    (listen check result 6) Garrisan grumbles at not being able to hear over the crowd. He takes a quick look around and then timing it along with a sway of the river boat he trips himself foreword towards the pair losing his balance and falling face first a few feet away. (bluff check to make it look like a honest trip Check=25! ) He looks around with a dazed look on his face blood now flowing from his nose, he uses the dwarf's crate to pull himself up from the ground swaying.
    Last edited by shadovar; 06-04-2015 at 12:28 PM. Reason: weird formating

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Ania, Crusher, Ersun

    Crusher narrows his eyes at you dangerously while Ania swallows and ever so slightly shakes her head in your direction as if to warn you.

    Crusher:
    Laughs deeply, yet briefly, from the depths of his throat and rises slowly from this throne of skulls. "Mocking me would be a grave mistake young Ersun. This is the hallowed tomb of my ancestors. Do you not see?" He asks stepping down from his throne and sweeping his arm around in a broad gesture towards the busts carved from the rock, scowls eerily illuminated by the low burning flames. "There is a reason I hold all my audiences here..." He says stepping towards you with heavy footsteps. Now face to face, Crusher lowers his voice to a whisper. "...The spirits of the dead bear witness and whisper advice to me. I'd be careful if I were you, disrespectful words anger them..." He says stepping past you towards the silver bowl on the dias. "...and when they are angered, they demand blood!" He says reaching into the bowl elbow-deep before slowly lifting out a dismembered head of an underfolk! By the look of the wound to his neck, it appears to have been torn from his body rather than severed. "...this one for example, was very disrespectful..." He mutters.

    [Ersun: What do you do?]
    Last edited by Narayan; 06-05-2015 at 12:54 AM.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Garrisan, Ordechai, Wrenwil

    Wrenwil: Results of Skill Check______________________________________

    Ordechai's offer about safe passage and information seem genuine. However your gut tells you that Ordechai isn't completely trustworthy. Someone who trains goblins likely doesn't care much about laws or what others think. (By the look of his garb he doesn't have any vanity left in him either) Clearly he's suffered through terrible ordeals, but his mind appears intact. He speaks with intelligence that equals your own, so its very likely he's someone you can reason with. Beyond that, there's not much else you can determine about his character or his motives until you learn more about him.
    __________________________________________________ ______________


    Ordechai: Looks back over his shoulder with irritation
    at the drunk. "Get off my crate you oaf!" He complains.

    The drunk appears to be of average height and build, probably forty years old and Barossan by the look of him. He wears his hair shoulder length with a well trimmed beard. His face is heavily scarred by four deep slashes that tore through half his nose and left his right eye a mangled white orb that is clearly blind. His good eye is blue and rather hazy from the drink. His traveling garb is of average quality, neither old nor new. His back bears the standards of any man long on the road, cords of rope, a scroll case, a bedroll. He wears a silver amulet at his neck. His belt is heavy with pouches and three shiny steel vials. A barossan broadsword and heavy steel shield are strapped to his pack.

    [Garrisan: You did overhear Wrenwils last statement to Ordechai because you moved closer, but Ordechai hasn't responded yet because he was distracted by you. What do you do?]

    [Wrenwil: What do you do?]

    Note: Any intended aggressive actions will require an initiative roll before they can be attempted.

    Last edited by Narayan; 06-08-2015 at 09:11 PM.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    El paso
    Posts
    166
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Post Garrisan

    The Old man slumps off the crate onto his rear scooting back against the gunwale. As he retreats the few scant inches he throws his hands up before his face cowering as if fearing retaliation. The blood seeping from his nose begins to drip to his chest mixing with a splattering of his recently disgorged breakfast. He shudders as he speaks "Please sirs, meant no offense, I has a hard time with boats and all." (Bluff Check: = 12) He gulps down a quick breath and curls up moaning as the boat swells again.
    Last edited by Narayan; 06-05-2015 at 09:43 PM.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Garrisan, Ordechai, Wrenwil

    Ordechai: (Sense Motive Check, DC 7: = 13) Narrows his gaze at the drunk Barossan and whispers to Wrenwil. -Whispers- "I think this stranger is putting on a show, what do you think?" He asks...

    [Wrenwil: Make a Sense Motive Check, DC 12]
    Last edited by Narayan; 06-08-2015 at 09:11 PM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •