Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Part: 2, Act: 1, Scene 1

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Bax, Garrisan, Kryslogious, Ordechai, Wrenwil

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Garrisan: Slowly pulls his blade back from Ordechai's neck with a low groan of resentment and speaks to Wrenwil. "Yes you saved our lives old man, so in good conscience I will permit you this one request. We will let Ordechai speak for himself, but this warrant for his head is all the proof of guilt we need!" He says tossing a scroll at your feet.

Dwarf 1: cautiously stands before the mysterious knight, still clutching his short sword. [No longer prone] He looks quite old at this moment, breathing so heavily he's almost wheezing. Sand sprinkles from his hair and beard as he straightens his posture and tries to catch his breath, never taking his eyes off of the armored knight.

Dwarf 2: -Speaking Dwarven- "Are you well father?!"

[Kryslogious: It is your turn, what do you do?]

Downloads
    Uploads

Kryslogious

Kryslogious permits the dwarf to stand but as they still have their weapons drawn he remains still, the heat dries the blood on his sword as it flows onto the faded engraving on his blade. He keeps his shoulders to pointed to both dwarves ready to pivot should the situation becomes hostile again.

"I can not trusteth these men with weapons drawn, if they doeth not puteth them aroint I will killeth them all." He stated in Old Chivalan to Wrenwil of his intentions should they not comply to him.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Bax, Garrisan, Kryslogious, Ordechai, Wrenwil

Quote Originally Posted by Shun001 View Post
    Kryslogious permits the dwarf to stand but as they still have their weapons drawn he remains still, the heat dries the blood on his sword as it flows onto the faded engraving on his blade. He keeps his shoulders to pointed to both dwarves ready to pivot should the situation becomes hostile again.

"I can not trusteth these men with weapons drawn, if they doeth not puteth them aroint I will killeth them all." He stated in Old Chivalan to Wrenwil of his intentions should they not comply to him.
    Dwarf 2: -Speaking Dwarven- "What damned language is he speaking?!" He asks the older dwarf as he cautiously moves around the knight to stand by him. (Move Action)

Dwarf 1: -Speaking Dwarven- "Don't know, don't care... so long as he stops swinging!"

Dwarf 2: Shouts over to Wrenwil. -Speaking Common- "Tell your man to sheath his blade and we'll do likewise!"

Dwarf 1: Stares at the slit in the knights helm, making a gesture of sheathing his blade trying to ascertain if he can understand or not?

<End of round 4> <End of Combat>
    __________________________________________________ ___

[Everyone: Do not roll initiative again unless further hostile action is taken.]

[Wrenwil: What do you do?]

Last edited by Narayan; 07-23-2015 at 02:24 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Wrenwil

Looking to the silver knight, Wrenwil pondered on how unusual it was that he sought direction from the most unlikely of masters. In his native tongue he spoke, "We will sheaf our blades, for now, and expecteth them to do likewise. Watch for trickery. I have great respect for your help and all you've endured here, and my apologies for this ghastly situation."

Wrenwil nodded, a symbol of reassurance and acceptance of the deal underway. "I hope to solve this by other means."

~This is twisted beyond belief. If it were not for Ordechai and the tome, I would surely be bleeding by now. This must proceed, with as much justice as I can afford the man.~

Wrenwil slid his staff between the straps of his pack in an act of good faith, hoping these men would be true to their word, and then looked to the Barossan.

"I will tend to the prisoner's wounds a little if you do not object. We wish him to speak freely. Indeed, I know something of the ways of truth and deceit, and shall call on my god to deliver us truth from this man."

Looking to the battered Hill Dwarf, he added the final touch.

"If all goes well, with no further blood, then indeed I may be able to assist you with your wounds also."

As he let them ponder the plan, Wrenwil scooped up the scroll in his hand and began unrolling it in preparation to read.

[Wren waits for acceptance of his intentions, which are to Cure Light Wounds on Ordechai and cast Zone of Truth]

Last edited by Ivan; 07-23-2015 at 10:46 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Kryslogious

Not taking the time to clean his blade he places it back in its sheath in a tidy smooth motion as to not provoke further hostilities. His shield he placed back on his back latching them to points on his armor. After disarming he makes a gesture to the dwarves, simple and direct he taps two fingers to his visor 'I'm watching you'

The heat was uncomfortable and starting to seep into the deepest layers of his under padding, but the discomfort was far more inviting then him asking someone to help him out of his armor.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

[Wrenwill: The scroll is an official-looking mandate from the kingdom of Borossa to kill or capture Ordechai for various crimes ranging from smuggling, theft, armed-robbery and murder. It even has a likeness drawn of him, though it is almost comical in its villainous characterization. There is a substantial reward listed for eight thousand gold pieces. At the bottom, the warrant is signed and sealed by a Commander Ramses of the Casalan Guard.]

At this point the rest of the caravan has caught up and starts to crowd around your group. The Mgorongoron bard in particular seems enamored with the drama, while others, like the slavers, get more of a perverse entertainment out of it. The pair of Katanese stand by, leaning on their pole-arms, observing with cold stares of professional warriors muttering to each other in their native tongue. Ordechai's assailant turns and shouts at the crowd.

Garrisan: "Stay back! I am a lawful bounty hunter making a legal apprehension. Interference will be regarded as complicity!" He says with a warning tone before he takes a step away from Ordechai and turns to Wrenwil. "What god do you call on to get the truth from him?" When you answer that it is Pentos he comments. "My father was a follower of Pentos, but you are obviously not Barossan, or Gallian, so you must be of the other denomination?" As you nod he says. "Well get on with it then, revive him!"

[Wrenwill: You cast Zone of Truth before you revive Ordechai so he has no knowledge the spell was cast beforehand. That means he and everyone here (except the rest of the caravan onlookers) has to make a Will Save. Normally the DC for that would be a 15 from you, but this time it increases to 20 because of a divine blessing. You sense Pentos is pleased with you for intervening in this matter, gifting you a tiny portion of his powers of judgement.]

Zone of Truth

Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]

Level: Clr 2, Pal 2
    Components: V, S, DF
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Area: 20-ft.-radius emanation
    Duration: 1 min./level
    Saving Throw: Will negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes
    Creatures within the emanation area (or those who enter it) canít speak any deliberate and intentional lies. Each potentially affected creature is allowed a save to avoid the effects when the spell is cast or when the creature first enters the emanation area. Affected creatures are aware of this enchantment. Therefore, they may avoid answering questions to which they would normally respond with a lie, or they may be evasive as long as they remain within the boundaries of the truth. Creatures who leave the area are free to speak as they choose.

Bax: (Will Save, DC 20: = 13, Fail)
    Dwarf 1: (Will Save, DC 20: = 19, Fail)
    Dwarf 2: (Will Save, DC 20: = 24, Success)
    Garrisan: (Will Save, DC 20: = 16, Fail)
    Kryslogious: (Will Save, DC 20: = 13, Fail)
    Ordechai: (Will Save, DC 20: = 21, Success)

As your healing spell revives Ordechai, you see his good eye blink open with obvious bewilderment. He takes a deep breath and recollects his bearings, seeming to take comfort from Bax kneeling by his side. Finally he lifts his head to stare at the scarred drunk who nearly chopped his head off.

Ordechai: "I should have known... there was something off about you. What's your name snake?!"

Garrisan: "I am Garrisan Greaves, a lawful bounty hunter.
    You are being apprehended for crimes against the kingdom of Borossa!"

Ordechai: "Under who's orders?"

Garrisan: "Commander Ramses of the Casalan Guard."

Ordechai: Guffaws. "Commander Ramses is it? He was just a captain last I knew."

Garrisan: "Things change, the nobles saw fit to recommend him for promotion to the general."

Ordechai: "Good for him, bad for Borossa... he's an even bigger snake then you are."

Garrisan: Scoffs. "Save your breath, your gonna need it to beg for mercy when we take you back for your tr...." And suddenly he looses his voice and can't finish his sentence.

Ordechai: Stares. "What's the matter? Can't say the word trial? Is that how the new parliament handles justice nowadays?"

Garrisan: "Yes it is. Barossa is a civilized kingdom now. You'll face the death penalty, but from the list of crimes I see on your warrant that's justified!"

Ordechai: Laughs. "Fool, there will be no trial. Stop pretending! This is a farce, you have a secret mandate to assassinate me for a rumored connection to the black network!" (Sense Motive: = 10)

Garrisan: (Bluff Check: = 8) Garrisan opens his mouth to deny it but he is suddenly breathless. He can't seem to deny Garrisans accusation, it must be the spell at work!

Ordechai: Stares at Garrisan with confusion. "What's the matter with you? Have no stomach for lies all of a sudden?!"

[Wrenwil, Kryslogious: What do you do?]
    Last edited by Narayan; 07-24-2015 at 08:37 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Kryslogious

"forsooth seems the tongue of weak justice is silenc'd. I doth not trust this mage but I hast less trust in a false law. Shalt we intervene mine lord?"

He asked Wrenwill directly in Old Chivalan.

~Our path crosseth again Pentos~
    he thought to himself

Downloads
    Uploads

Wrenwil

~Pentos has granted my wish, and after years of failed service, it is clear that the path we lay here is right and just. My resolve is firmed, and my faith stronger than ever before.~

Having revived Ordechai, Wrenwil helped the half-dwarf sit upright before standing and keeping a hand on the accuseds shoulder. He wanted to offer reassurance and friendship, but things were looking pretty grim.

"Ordechai, you are lucky to be alive my friend. Yet, I am far from home, and I am not one to interfere in the laws of such foreign lands. My desire is to help you, yet the claims made against you on this scroll are..."

He hesitated a moment before grumbling, "...somewhat substantial. What do you say to these accusations?"

As Ordechai contemplated his answer, Wrenwil's gaze moved to the Hill Dwarves, particularly the one who would speak the truth.

"Tell me, is your intention to do all in your power, to deliver this man alive and well, for a fair and just trial?"
    He pointed to the Barossan. "Without interruption from this one's hidden agenda? Answer truthfully, and we might all leave here alive."

Wren looked to the Barossan, "No assassinations. No more blood."

He finished by answering the knight, "We shall see if they speak the truth, and can acteth as to suit their words. Watch the Barossan, his intentions are not yet clear."

Last edited by Ivan; 07-25-2015 at 06:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

The dwarves regard the unfolding dialogue with some apprehension, the older one is first to respond to Wrenwils questions.

Dwarf 1: "I am Malic MountainStone and this is my son Alic..." gestures to the younger dwarf "...we are from the StoneBones Clan of Belandrao Mountain, under orders to accompany Garrisan on this mission as a goodwill gesture for our recent alliance with the Kingdom of Barossa."

"I was not aware of a secret mandate..."
    He says glaring at Garrisan "And the idea such a thing was kept from me angers me because... MY SON WAS ALMOST KILLED!" He roars taking a threatening step towards Garrisan. "And yet
    I will not forsake my duty! As far as I'm concerned it is still my charge to take the accused back for trial. If anything, hearing he is tied to the black network makes me more committed because anyone connected to them deserves death!"

"As a foreigner I don't expect you to understand our history or our laws. So I will ask you sir to identify yourself and explain what, if anything, you know about the accused? Why should I weigh your words with more consideration than my own orders?"

Last edited by Narayan; 07-26-2015 at 01:55 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Wrenwil

Wrenwil nodded to the Hill Dwarves respectfully.

"Malic, Alic, it is not my place to cross the laws and rule of foreign lands. Indeed... I am most troubled by what has transpired here. My name is Wrenwil, yet some call me Nik, a humble traveler from the far away Chivalran lands. I believe in peace, order and abiding by the laws of whatever realms these tired feet take me. I mean you no trouble, and like yourselves, I wish this dispute to end without further violence or waste of life."

He looked down at his disheveled friend.

"This man Ordechai, I met on the riverboat, he was gracious and grateful, he offered to help this tired traveler reach safety along this shore as thanks, for my unexpected return to a sailor's ways. Of all those we saved on the boat, he was the one man to seek to repay the debt and offer thanks. We have walked together and talked of many small things, and I find him to be... although a most unusual man, a man who does not appear to mean any ill. Like all of us no doubt, his past shadows may haunt him, events which one can not control yet form who we are. There is little doubt that such experience may have led him to an unscrupulous past. Myself, I do not judge on the past, only what I know, and in the short time I have known him he has only been kind, offered assistance, and one final rare thing... one thing which makes all the difference in this troubled world. Friendship."

"Hence, I can not see this man battered or killed without reason, without the trial which I believe he is owed. Yet, as a friend there is little I can do to save him from the allegations on this scroll."

Wrenwil looked around to the gathering onlookers.

"This condemned man played a very large part in us being alive this day, do not forget that. Let us walk together, find strength in numbers, and see if this man can prove to you of his worth along the way."

A glance towards Garrisan.

"Your company, however, would appear to now be unwelcome. To where do you head? Far away I would strongly recommend."

Last edited by Ivan; 07-26-2015 at 05:31 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Ersun

~This could be a test or not. Either way enough is enough.~ He coughs and puts his right hand onto the hilt of his greatsword within the mini-scabbard. Itís most likely that the goblin already looked through his belongings and knows the nature of scabbard, but who knows, right now that might even help as it says something about him.
    Firstly, he tries to be diplomatic and reach for the goblins common sense, if there is such thing. Secondly, he might back it up with a little posturing.

-Speaking Goblin- ďLetís not get things out of hand. Apparently we work for the same employer, and considering the task and schedule weíve received, I doubt any local conflict would be appreciated. So, Mr. Vakus, letís not do anything unnecessary.Ē He is somewhat proud he can put together such sentences in that language as itís not exactly known for its refinement.

He shifts his posture a bit to a more confidently relaxed state while keeping his weapon grip and looks as if he would like his chances if it would come down to a fight. Not that his chances couldnít be much better, but he is sure he doesnít want to take any truth serum or the like.

The goblin is old and fragile alright, but he learnt to expect surprises so best not dismiss him fully, as for the big brute, he can only hope it is as dumb and unprofessional as it looks. In the back of his mind he is preparing a fight plan. The best would be if he could cast under his breath before they rush him, preferably even before they realise the fight is going to happen to catch them off guard. He couldíve started with that, then he mightíve had better chance at catching them, but that would be also hasty.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Garrisan: Glares at Wrenwil before he appeals to the older dwarf. "Malic, we can still accomplish the mission together! Don't split us up because this old man disapproves of what must be done! I am _____ your son was hurt, but my orders..."

Malic: Glowers at Garrisan and shakes his head. "Forget it! You can't even honestly say sorry for Alic! What sort of ally are you? I expected a little more character, and honor, from an agent of the Kingdom of Barossa!"

Garrisan: Gets more desperate with his tone. "Don't be naive! This has nothing to do with us! It's about him! Ordechai must not be allowed to roam free. He needs to answer for his crimes and divulge any intelligence he knows about the black network!"

Alic: "MY FATHER IS NOT NAIVE! He's old enough to be your great-grandfather human!" He exclaims angrily while pressing at the wounds on his scalp with a bloody cloth.

Garrisan: Apologizes to Alic. "I understand you want to defend your fathers reputation, as I do! Alas mine is no longer with us, he died during the midnight massacre, a tragedy I believe the black network had a hand in. So before you judge me so harshly for dishonesty, ask yourself, would you avoid completing this mission if the black network took your fathers life?!"

Ordechai: "Ahhhh so that's it! You think your fathers memory allows you to trump up charges and execute me without a trial?!"

Garrisan: Spits towards Ordechai. "We wouldn't be having this conversation if you weren't a criminal!"

Ordechai: Guffaws. "I've been shunned by humans and dwarves alike the moment the black network scarred me with these burns. Why do you think I left Barossa? Sure I've done things I'm not proud of, but even if I hadn't, few there would trust me. I have no illusions about who I am and what I've done. I did what I had to do to get by, and I'm no more dishonest than most others in my trade..."

"What's sad is how delusional you are, regarding yourself as some sort of crusader for the cause of truth, yet only insofar as it applies to you! Your obsession blinds you to the hearts of others and what they believe in. How else could you serve a man like Ramses and not see him for what he is?"

[Everyone: What do you do?]

Last edited by Narayan; 07-29-2015 at 12:42 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Kryslogious

As this back and fourth spat on Kryslogious grew weary of this fools showing, the heat was no comfort to him having to stand while they bicker.

"That is enough!" he roared in common "this dispute is not one that can be solved standing amiss in the sand! I say you-" he gestures to Garrisan "and you two-" he gestures to the dwarves "come to terms on how you wish to handle this man."

He turns his head to Ordechai "-and you, despite how I personally feel about users of magiks, have been a friend to my lord. Though I cannot save you from unlawful incursions you have undertaken I can protect you until you are tried fairly under the eyes of the lord Pentos. Maybe if you can speak upon your own behalf there may be hope for you yet, but until then I humbly suggest you keep your words to yourself."

After letting loose what he needed to project he then comes to a realization that he had overstepped his bounds. He turns to Wrenwil and kneels before him.

"forgive me mine lord, hast I overstepp'd mine authority?" he humbly apologized to him in old chivalan.

Downloads
    Uploads

Wrenwil

~Forgive him? He's saved my skin today! It won't take long for this knight to sense that I am no leader...~

Wrenwil looked to his... guard? servant? and smiled before replying in their old native tongue.

"Ariseth bright knight! You must speak your mind when, and as you see fit, your words and thoughts do matter to me as much as your actions. Through Pentos' grace you have saved me from harm. I agree with all you have spoken, this ramshackle crew of fools must make a decision, reach terms, here and now."

A glance to the bickering Barossan and Hill Dwarves followed, this was going nowhere, it was a stewing mess, ready to froth over without warning.

"I have offered healing, a commitment to travel with you to ensure safety, a friendly hand in return for seeing this man reach fair trial. What say you? I believe that the Barossan should walk, leave us and his conspiracy behind. If not, then this disagreement is yours to resolve."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Ania, Ersun, Vakus

Quote Originally Posted by p3sent View Post
    -Speaking Goblin- ďLetís not get things out of hand. Apparently we work for the same employer, and considering the task and schedule weíve received, I doubt any local conflict would be appreciated. So, Mr. Vakus, letís not do anything unnecessary.Ē He is somewhat proud he can put together such sentences in that language as itís not exactly known for its refinement.

He shifts his posture a bit to a more confidently relaxed state while keeping his weapon grip and looks as if he would like his chances if it would come down to a fight.
    Vakus: Raises an arrogant brow. -Speaking Goblin- "There is no conflict... disobedience against my commands, which are Crushers own orders, is treachery punishable by death!"

Ania: Grits her teeth against pain while wriggling her fingers attempting to cast a spell while Vakus and the half troll are distracted by Ersun! (Sleight of Hand Check: = 24)

Vakus: (Spot Check, DC 24: = 21, Fail)

Half-Troll: (Spot Check, DC 24: = 7, Fail)

Ania manages to cast the spell, and suddenly her hands erupt with electrical energy which she attempts to jolt into the half troll with a surprise touch attack!

Ania: (Surprise touch attack on Half Troll: = 26, Hit!)

Ania's shocking grasp easily arch's from her fingertips into the sleeves of the half trolls patchwork chain mail hauberk! (Location: Arms)(Damage: = 22) The Half Troll immediately roars with pain and releases his grip on her!

<End of Surprise Action>
    <Start of Combat>

[Ersun: Roll Initiative and declare any early actions you may want to take if you do not win the initiative roll]

Last edited by Narayan; 07-31-2015 at 01:53 AM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast