Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Greetings from Oklahoma City!
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Greetings from Oklahoma City!

Downloads
    Uploads

Greetings from Oklahoma City!

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Greetings from Oklahoma, the tornado magnet of the US.

I enjoyed playing RPG's back in the 80's but life happened and I fell away from it. Now I'm married with kids, and my boys are interested in RPGs.

Back in the day I played D&D (1st edition box set) and 2nd edition AD&D. Then late 80's we played Paranoia and Twilight 2000.

Now I'm interested in the 5th edition of D&D, plus the Star Wars Age of Rebellion. I think my boys (ages 9 & 10) would enjoy that.

I live in the South OKC/Moore area.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to PPG!
    Matt James
    Lead Developer, Vorpal Games
    Follow me on Twitter

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First off, ScottyK, hope you all are ok, being in Moore, after the dangerous weather in our state the other day !

Hi fellow Okie ScottyK, I started in the late 80s with redbox D&D off the shelf of a bookstore, though it was so unused to anything I knew that it took me years to play, when a friend came over and we decided to try to figure it out with our mutual 17 years of wisdom under our belts - we went on to play AD&D2e til some older friends introduced me to Call of Cthulhu, Warhammer, Runequest and Shadowrun.

I played 3x and didn't like it, Pathfinder seemed idential to me. I tried 4x, it was a bit better but I think I just didn't like d20 stuff as it was - I hear good things about 5e but haven't tried it. I played Twilight 2000 once, when it turned out we attacked our convoy we were supposed to be meeting, so that's a good solid hour of play. Paranoia I think I played once - the idea was novel and I even bought the book from someone but it disappeared shortly after so I never got to form an opinion on it.

I recommend you check the LFG and player locator stuff here on PPG. I know there are play by post and live chat games, other online games, and of course, many people have found long-term local groups in their area from here, which is awesome. There is a Tulsa area gamer group on PPG too that I think is still posting stuff. I am in northeast Oklahoma and my group is just friends and family so I don't do anything with looking for games and such, but I'm sure you can find something - best of luck!
    Abstruse Decapod

"Why aren't i just be able to write adventures that don't require crap like an Amish rpg?" -myself