Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Wrestler Creation and Posted Wrestlers
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrestler Creation and Posted Wrestlers

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wrestler Creation and Posted Wrestlers

Okay so this is the thread to post created wrestlers for WWW. Maybe also any guidelines or notes about wrestler creation, to help provide a brief idea. So far it's just me and Pepsi trying out WWW. So what do I do first, Pepsi?
    Abstruse Decapod

"Why aren't i just be able to write adventures that don't require crap like an Amish rpg?" -myself

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pick your wrestler I guess and we can go through creation! If you imagine the wrestler you want first it will be a lot quicker than running through all the options. Maybe a paragraph overview would be handy, including name, wrestling style, finishing/signature moves, anything you think might be relevant in either matches or backstage.

Any kind of character is fine, and it's up to you if you want to play it as real or not (Undertaker for example, is either a deadman with supernatural powers, or a guy pretending to be a deadman with supernatural powers, and Max Moon is either an alien or not I guess, so you can play it as real to you or not) and the overall attitude is that matches are real and wins and losses matter, but we kind of play at creative as well, so some dumb wrestling stuff can happen that wouldn't normally happen if it was a legitimate sport. I hope that's clear! Basically to the character it's real, but he will just have to deal with some stuff that might not make sense to him.

If anyone else wants to join just post away, it's experimental for now but if it works out I'll get to posting up a whole roster and shows and stuff

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great post, Pepsi!

7', 365 lbs, "Dive Bomber" type, like a more agile Kane/Undertaker, looking sort of like Ultimate Warrior - like Adam Bomb or Bryan Adams
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guy (Large).png 
Views:	77 
Size:	155.2 KB 
ID:	4350  
    Abstruse Decapod

"Why aren't i just be able to write adventures that don't require crap like an Amish rpg?" -myself

Downloads
    Uploads
    Righty ho, you've got 5 attributes -
    Power (POW - obviously power moves, but also kicking out of pins and pinning others)
    Athleticism (ATH - High risk offense, escaping pin attempts, beating count outs)
    Brawn (BRW - Stamina and toughness, brawling and weapons etc)
    Instinct (INS - More technical stuff, submissions and also awareness of ambushes and distractions etc)
    Flair - (FLR - Popularity, fan favourit-ness, promos, getting over AND sneaky cheaty moves and underhanded shenanigans)

You start with 0 in each, and have 5 points to distribute however you like among them. You can also give a -1 in exchange for another +1, but no stat can be less than -5 or more than 5.
    At 365 you're a super-heavyweight so after all stats are done, you get another +1 to either power or brawn, and -1 to Athleticism (this can take it above or below 5 or -5).
    Also you need to pick whether you're heel, face or Tweener (you can change it later (and often!))

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Heel

POW 1 (and +1 you mention for 2?)
    ATH 2 (-1 to 1?)
    BRW 1
    INS 0
    FLR 1
    Abstruse Decapod

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, good so far. You have to do skills now. You get 4 points, and an extra 4 each level (and possibly a few more on the next/last segment, Gimmick Enhancments). Most are fairly self explanatory, and they give you a bonus to related actions.

Athletics (different from the stat!)

Deception

Knowledge (on several specific subjects - You have to take each sub-skill seperately, and 5 points in one gives you +1 when attempting a manouver of that type (so 5 points in Power manouvers will give you +1 to all power moves)
    The Knowledges are Manouvers in each attribute, Foreign objects, Knowledge of the roster, Tag team and specialty match (you have to specify the match, for example Last man standing or Judy Bagwell on a pole match (or just pole match))

Language (Specify the language, it can help in delivering promos in other countries or communicating with wrestlers from that country)

Perception (finding hidden stuff, telling if someone is lying, detecting an ambush)

Performance (promos and acting stuff)

Presence (Influencing people, through diplomacy, intimidation etc)

Special Talent - This is for anything specific you want your guy to have, be it "Driving" or "Modding an RPG forum" or "Supernatural powers" whatever you fancy (though it will have to be approved so don't pick "Always wins in title matches" or anything silly!

So yeah, 4 points divided between them please

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    QUESTION: Most Gimmick Enhancements have italicized requirements like "Powerhouse" but I don't see anywhere in the rules to pick your Style/Wrestler Type besides buying Knowledge skills. Am I missing it?

Wrestler
    Hometown
    Physique

Looks

Gimmick
    Entrance Music
    Nemesis
    Oslo, Norway (actually Willowick, Ohio)
    7'0", 335 lbs., Muscular (Ultimate Warrior/Undertaker mix)

Lng blk hair, grn eyes, drk tan, rd/blk trunks, boots,
    shinguards, tassles, axe-shapred facepaint

wild, loud, whirling brutal "dive-bomber" powerhouse
    thrashing techno metal

LEVEL
    STAR POWER
    WEIGHT CLASS
    HEAT

ATTRIBUTES
    POW
    ATH
    BRN
    INS
    FLR
    ?
    Superheavyweight (+1 Pow, -1 Ath; WgtMod +5)

(5 starting)
    2 (1; +1 WC SHW Mod)
    1 (1; -1 WC SHW Mod)

SKILLS
    1. Athletics
    2. Deception
    3. Knowledge
    -- Athletics Maneuvers
    -- Brawling Maneuvers
    -- Flair Maneuevers
    -- Foreign Objects
    -- Power Maneuvers
    -- Roster Lore
    -- Specialty Talent
    -- Tag Team
    -- Technical Maneuvers
    4. Language
    5. Perception
    6. Performance
    7. Presence
    8. Special Talent

(4 starting)
    Ath 1

(5 pts = +1)
    Ath Man 1

Pow Man 1

English 0 (with bad Norwegian accent)

Pre 1 (Intimidating)
    FLAWS
    1. Cocky

GIMMICK ENHANCEMENTS
    1. MF: Power
    2. Go All Night
    3. No Sell
    4. Ring Rage
    *5. Toughness
    (1 per level)
    foe auto-kickout once per card

(4 starting)
    Reduced penalty for using Power moves
    remove 2x (double) Fatigue on successful Recovery roll
    1/crd; {Brn roll; TN dmg} = void dmg from 1 attk (1 Heat for Fin.)
    1/crd; if take 10+dmg by 1 prev attk, +2 Pow & Brn for Brn rds
    1/crd; reduce each attack dmg in a rd by Brn

Name:	vx-nemesis-colorraw (WinCE).png 
Views:	56 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	4353  
    Last edited by jpatterson; 11-19-2014 at 06:28 PM.
    Abstruse Decapod

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, great sheet! and I love the hometown.
    The Gimmick Enhancement section is a little messed up on it though, which nicely brings us to... Maneuver familiarity. You get -4 to all rolls if you do a move in a style you aren't familiar in, and the familiarity is a Gimmick Enhancement, so you might want to take the GE of Maneuver Familiarity - Power moves for example. Otherwise every roll will be at -4, at least you could get rid of that with Power moves.
    The italics classes underneath are just which style the GE is best suited for, it's not actually a requirement/class (class is 'defined' by your abilities, but you never actually specify, anyone can try anything, so you're free to create someone as a Brother of Destruction and try to play them as a Motor City Machine Gun)
    Last edited by Pepsi Twist; 11-19-2014 at 11:25 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. I will replace Amazing Recup. Power with MF: Power. I actually had MF: Power originally but somehow it got erased and I overlooked it. Good catch. Now what?
    Abstruse Decapod

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well that's your guy made I guess, I'll start a new thread with an opening scene. Feel free to post any other bio-bits in here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know why I'm running this cos I have no idea how to run or even play one of these games, or how it'll work, but I made you a thread anyway, you can reply to it and if it's a small interaction with someone you can make up their part to keep things moving along. Otherwise just tell me what I'm actually meant to do!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey JP I know this isn't the right place but I don't know how to use Google and I know you'll see it here at least. I was thinking of some extra finisher rules, what do you think -

Finishing moves
    A finishing move is the most deadly and powerful weapon in most wrestler's arsenal. In Risus Wrestling each character has a specific double pump cliche to represent their finisher. This means once per game the character can roll 3 dice for their special move (it must be double pumped, and must be named to count.). Perks cannot be used with a finisher (You can't lucky shot it to get an extra dice, for example).
    In addition to naming your finishing move, when you successfully execute one (Your finisher roll beats their cliche roll) you gain 1 heat, and you can add one of these attributes to it -
    Destroyer - A mighty finisher capable of ending any opponent. When you hit with this move, you do an extra dice of damage.
    Pin - This move incorporates a pin, as soon as it's hit you go into a pin AND you start from the 3rd roll - They have only 1 chance to kick out! If they scape, you take a dice of damage as usual.
    Submission - A destructive submission hold. When you hit with this move, you start a series of pin rolls. However, each time you win, they lose a dice in a cliche of their choice. This continues until they run out of dice, or you win 3 times, in which case they tap out. When they escape the submission, you take a dice of damage as usual.
    Heat - While not the most devastating move, it sure is popular! You gain 1 extra heat when you hit your finisher.
    You may spend 1 cliche dice to buy an extra use of your finisher.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That all sounds pretty good Pepsi! I wonder though, so using a Finisher is not just a free 1 die DP cliche, but automatically also gives you one special effect - including an extra die. It is already a free cliche you can pump for 3 dice total for the cost of 1, and you can essentially make it a 4 die cliche for free with the special effect... correct? And you can then pin anyway, after a 4 die cliche? This may be overpowered, at least a good idea to check during playtest to see. Do you want me to put the .odt (document) up on googledocs so you and I can change it and have a live version?
    Abstruse Decapod

Downloads
    Uploads
    It should just be double pumped to a 3 dice cliche in all, and without the ability to do an extra damage dice, it still just does 1 damage, so it's exactly the same as having 'Mudhole stomping (3), except you can add an extra damage or a pin when you win. But yeah put it in the google docs if you like and I'll try to work out how to use it!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    White Scorpion
    187 lbs
    Osaka, Japan
    "Cherry Blossom Firestorm"
    Tweener

Lucky Shots - 3

Human Hornet Swarm (4)
    Gravity Is For Mortals (3)
    Masked Mystery (2)
    Finisher: "Cruel Venom Tail" Handstand Double Heel Strike[1]

Dice: 1 die for Lucky Shots + 9 dice for Cliches = 10 dice

RISUS Wrestling Googledocs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6b...ew?usp=sharing

Name:	artz-whitescorpion.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	181.8 KB 
ID:	4360  
    Last edited by jpatterson; 12-04-2014 at 06:01 AM.
    Abstruse Decapod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast