Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Bullets and Battleaxes
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Bullets and Battleaxes

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Bullets and Battleaxes

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    This is a question for modern-genre players who have dabbled in medieval games:

What does more damage: a .308 round or a battleaxe?

or a more subjective question:

How does "damage" from medieval games compare to "damage" from modern games?
    Powered by: Modos RPG, version 1.30
    http://modos-rpg.obsidianportal.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm. Both can be deemed "Lethal " Damage. However, a .308 makes a big hole possibly, and yes is traumatic... but a battleaxe makes a great gaping wound. A .308 wound can/could be covered/stopped reliably delaying the onslaught of major blood-loss, but a huge battleaxe wound may not be as easy. The axe creates a messy visual wound, while the round may not make a huge wound, but has messed with the pc internally, possibly fatally... It is a fine line, I believe. Both are very terrible wounds.. Just depends on your story, and how effective you wish wounds to be???
    A Rope IS too a weapon. Be Sneaky!
    I would ask a penny for my thoughts, but.... I don't have change...

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well that said it quite nicely. Either way you are messily dead.

The main differecne is with the .308 I can kill from 300 yards away under cover. With the battleax I need to get in your face about it.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's about the conclusion to which I was arriving. The next issue, which seems to be just one of definitions, is: why does a "hit" by a battle axe not kill someone? Why not the .308?

My answer is that a hit isn't a hit. It's just damage, or as I'll be writing up soon in my sharebrewed game, it's "progress." You're not so much "damaging" someone as you are making "progress" toward a kill.

So 1) do modern rules frequently include mechanics for a bullet "hit" to have lethal potential?

2) should a medium bullet make as much progress toward a kill as swinging an axe? Or is that the same question as above?

PS - Welcome back, tesral?