Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Questions for a Doctor Who PbP... interest?

Downloads
    Uploads

Questions for a Doctor Who PbP... interest?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Firstly, this is a general call-out to gauge interest in a PbP of Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space.

Secondly, I'd also like to gauge the preferences of anyone interested in a game. Would you prefer an actual Doctor/companions game or making your own characters? I'm not really adverse to either, as neither would really change the stories very much. Any particular time periods or worlds you'd like to visit, or aliens you'd like to encounter? The Doctor always namedrops -- any particular historical figures you'd like to meet in-game? Earthbound stories like early Third Doctor or more open travels like most of the series?

Thirdly, I'd just be curious to hear what kind of experience the interested parties have with the Doctor.

A bit about my preferences, etc., as I said I don't have any real preference as to whether the PCs are established people or originals. I'd really like to have some visits to Three Kingdoms-era China and the Viking age. Aliens I think should be a mix of new and old, by which I mean both original and already appearing on the show (either New or Classic). As to my experience with the Doctor, well I've seen most of the show. My favorite Doctors are the Second, Third, Fourth, and Twelfth; in particular, the more horror-ish episodes. Expect to see some retellings of old sci-fi/horror films. My favorite story should be pretty obvious from my username: The Talons of Weng-Chiang. It turns out to have been the one that was being aired when I was born, so maybe it was fate. I particularly like Mr. Jago and his alliteration, so don't be too surprised if he shows up in-game at some point.

Note: I am American, so please, don't kill me if I make a mistake about Britain. Making mistakes about other cultures is par for the course for us, after all.
    Last edited by magnusgreel; 10-20-2014 at 12:03 PM.
    Monster? We're British, you know!