Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Just Standing Up in Class: Giving my Introduction
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Just Standing Up in Class: Giving my Introduction

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just Standing Up in Class: Giving my Introduction

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Cassandra, Cassie for short. I live in the Phoenix Arizona area, east valley actually. Originally I come from southern California (born and raised). My gaming experience started way back when I was 12 in the early 80's. Trying to put down every game I have ever played would be a task, I am just not up to doing. Lets just say I have played and gm'd a lot.
    I started off with Champions 1st edition, and quickly moved into playing Basic D&D, Marvel Superheroes, and AD&D. Over time I have found that I enjoy playing games with great stories and character involvement. I had my fun power-gaming as a child/ teen that is something I do not enjoy doing or being a witness too (sorry, just not my thing). What I like is players that make chacracters who have not to maximize on the rules but for development of a person with a background. The type of character who sticks with the long sword over the bastard sword, because it fits his character even though the damage is not as great.
    I am not saying I don't think a character should shun high powered stuff, nothing like that. I just like characters that stick with a concept that begun in the beginning of character creation. The type of characters that grow in character as well as experience as time goes on. Romance, Mystery, Action and adventure. I am that type of woman who loves to mix them all into the games I run.
    I have played an assortment of wargames as well. I like my games to have realism as much as possible, and the combats to be intense and meaningful in some way. I do not like fighting among players, outside what is some fun rivalry or such. Fighting with the referee is also something I dislike. I understand there will be disagreements, but respect should never be lost among a group of mature adults.
    Outside of gaming I am a mother and spend a lot of time with my children. I am happily involved so I am not looking for any type of relationships. But, friendships are welcome. Thank you all for taking the time to read my introduction.
    Happy gaming to all,
    Cassie

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there Cassie, and welcome to Pen and Paper Games! That was a great intro thread and you sound like someone that's easygoing person that also has a very clear idea of what you want in gaming, and who has a good number of different games under your belt, which is terrific! Good work on the post!

What kind of game resource are you looking for here particularly? Are you looking for a local group or players or do you do online stuff or whatever else? As you may know, this site has a player/game finder, and also has forums for discussion and play-by-post games, and there is a chatroom that is often busy between noon and 10pm central US time, with lots of varied gaming preferences and ideas - people playing games, running games, designing games, etc.
    Abstruse Decapod

"Why aren't i just be able to write adventures that don't require crap like an Amish rpg?" -myself

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the reply and welcoming me to the site J,
    I do think for the most part that I am easy going and have a good concept of what I like and don't like, which extends to gaming. I think when I was younger I wanted to try almost every rpg that I discovered. Many I enjoyed and as time moved on I finally began to narrow down what was my favorite games.
    As far as what I am looking for with Pen And Paper Games is mostly aimed at finding an online group of players that share similar interest as myself. If I find a local group of gamers I may join one that fits the same criteria as my online desires. I do not even have to necessarily run the game, I can play as well, I am picky on the type of games I join though. The blogs and forms here seems really cool. In fact many of the features of the site peaks my interest, because these are all people who share a passion for table-top gaming. I may even dabble with reading some blogs and maybe creating a few of my own in time. I used to listen to a few rpg podcast, because I like listening to great games and this site allows me to read about some good groups as well. Guess in the end I am a gamer at heart and enjoy just being involved in some way with gaming. I may even try and get involved with some of the game "conventions" and run a few games as well. I do not have any experience in that but I always wanted to get more involved.
    Hope you have a great weekend and as time passes I will become more involved on the site.
    Thanks for moderating and I love that this site is available,
    Cassie

Downloads
    Uploads
    *Waves* Hey Cassie. Loving AZ more and more after a game that was set there that recently died for my group. Welcome to Pen and Paper and I hope you have lots of fun and find good games. I'm open to many games but recently my kick is World of Darkness stuff.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    *Waves* Hey Cassie. Loving AZ more and more after a game that was set there that recently died for my group. Welcome to Pen and Paper and I hope you have lots of fun and find good games. I'm open to many games but recently my kick is World of Darkness stuff.
    Thank you Captain America for welcoming me. I like world of darkness at least the old world of darkness stuff. Wishing you the best in your gaming as well.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    welcome!

we are very happy to have an experienced gamer join our community. we hope you will find games and gamers to join. (picky is good, if it is based on experiences such as yours)

feel free to ask questions and offer opinions. and tell stories. we love stories. ^^
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive