Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Heroism Game

Downloads
    Uploads

Heroism Game

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Ive been developing a Super Hero game system for quite some time now called "Heroism". Its a parody RPG that can best be summarized as "The Tick" with a mixture of normal Comics. Its a fun game, and everything i ready to go, I just havnt made the manual yet.

Heres a rundown of its features so far:
    • Easy dice system: Uses a total of 10D10 for all rolling purposes.
    • Quick and Short Character Sheet
    • Rules for making your own powers
    • Rules for making a "Comic Panel" game setting
    All I need is a little time between other game projects and I can probably have this one done in no time, minus the time it takes to get some decent artwork.

If it sounds interesting at all to you guys, let me know?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    10d10? Are we talking something like the StoryTeller system of success based rolling on d10s? That is an awful lot of dice to have to roll though either way. Although, I do so love the look on my player's face in D&D when I roll a massive amount of dice behind the GM screen. I even recorded that sound into the little dice rolling program I wrote.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its not that many dice if you think about it. Most gamers I know own tons of dice of all varieties.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You have piqued my interest with talk of a comic panel setting....please elaborate!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with Farcaster. 10d10 is a lot of dice. It is not a miss type? Maybe you meant 1d10 or 2d10? I'd like to know for sure. And I would like to try a new game anyway. Especially since I loved the Tick.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The more d10's the better!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    10d10 isn't that outrageous, depending on how you use them. For example, if you roll 10 dice, but are only interested in those that come up as a 4, then it's not a big deal. Adding up the total result of 10d10 for every roll could get annoying, though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    10d10 is just percentile, there are much easier ways to roll it. d10 + d10's or even the ol' zoccihedron

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not exactly, Phish. If it is a success based system, then you could not directly translate it. You would need to roll them all to determine the number of dice that were X number or greater.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, let me see if I can answet these questions, this game is still a work in progress btw, so nothing is final as of yet.

1.) The Comic Panel system pretty much tries and emulates a comic book. Every comic book may have a new artist or writer, which means the story can be a bit different each time a new comic comes out. The system is more like just an optional rule that allows players to switch their characters ownership for a single game session with someone else, it also allows the GM to choose a new GM for the game session, and also allows them to change some of the more minor rules just for that game session. (It makes the game more interesting and fun because you never know what to expect, because its always random and fresh).

2.) YES, the official dice system is a success system. A caharcter's stats will never exceed a total of 10 points, so the most dice you can ever possibly roll is 10D10. I must have said it in a different way that was harder to understand. Some people tend to think that success dice games are difficult to run, but with all of my play testers (around 100 total overall in the past three-four years), most of them have loved it and found it to be fun. I might sound dumb, but I dont think having to count the total rolled to be that annoying, thats just my opinion though. ALL of my games have a success dice like system, mainly because I like it, and also because Im sort of tired of all the D20 games out there. BUT, "Heroism" will also come with two other duce systems just in case you dont want to use the success dice version. Im still working on those, but one requires no dice at all, and the other requires just a deck of regular everyday playing cards.

Like I said before guys, this is all ideas, Ive written some of the manual, but not a whole lot of it is finished.