Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Chat is Broken For Me
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Chat is Broken For Me

Soft Serve is offline Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Chat is Broken For Me

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Am I alone in this? The flashchat page only loads "Having trouble? Try HTML 5."

Which says the page is unavailable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same for me too.

"A man that carries a cat by the tail learns something that he will learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah guys, sorry, I contacted Matt earlier. Chat's been down since 1pm central today.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt James
    Re: Chatroom Down Sep 20 for Minicon
    This is frustrating. I'll see what I can do, but Farcaster is the guy with the server access. I have been trying to fix it on my end, but I figured I would respond to you now while I remembered.
    Abstruse Decapod

"Why aren't i just be able to write adventures that don't require crap like an Amish rpg?" -myself

Downloads
    Uploads
    Chat is still broken but it's all good, I'll be back for my fans soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I reached out to Farcaster yesterday. I apologize for the downtime. It's just as frustrating for me. I hope to have a fix shortly.
    Matt James
    Lead Developer, Vorpal Games
    Follow me on Twitter

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like to take this opportunity to say I think this would be a good time to reconsider and change the criteria of any possibly future "cons" (if those are even still something desired) being required to be on any one site or format.

Really it's just the "put all your eggs in one basket" scenario, whether it's "all games have to take place in chat on PPG" or whatever else - if that chosen platform goes down, everything is 100% torpedoed. If the GMs/players can choose their own format (maptool, fantasy grounds, roll20, Openrpg, etc.), then only individual platforms that go down are an issue, and even those games can be salvaged if the GM has prepared a backup plan for a second platform to go to, in advance.

This doesn't stop PPG from being the central hub and player/gm -finder and main connection or "parent" of the games, it just allows more freedom for people to be more comfortable if they prefer other platforms or need more features.
    Abstruse Decapod

"Why aren't i just be able to write adventures that don't require crap like an Amish rpg?" -myself

Soft Serve is offline Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sucks, but I'm glad it's not an issue on my end.

Unless this is all some elaborate ruse put on by you, the most cowardly of rogues. Or the most roguish of cowards... I can't tell sometimes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Chat appears to be broken right now in the same way as described in post #1 on this thread. I didn't see any activity in chat yesterday, which I thought was odd, so it may have been broken for at least a day now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    im seeing the same thing anyone have any news on this

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Chat was reported as down yesterday, Jan 8, as of 2pm. I've reported it. Sorry guys, you know the drill.
    Abstruse Decapod

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I'm not sure what keeps knocking it offline. I'll speak with Farcaster and see if we can dig through mountains of logs on the server.
    Matt James
    Lead Developer, Vorpal Games
    Follow me on Twitter