Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All Flesh Must Be Eaten

Downloads
    Uploads

All Flesh Must Be Eaten

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Are there any AFMBE players here aside from PhishStyx and myself, of course? I've been fiddling around with the game for a couple of years, but have never found a local group to play it. It's wonderfully open-ended and puts a great deal of the creative control back in the hands of the GM (no company-made metaplots to hamstring us). Hell, you don't even have to use the zombies if you don't want to. With the supplements, you can play fairly straight genre-based games, if you wanted.

Tell me about your gaming experiences with AFMBE. What was done right? What could have been done better? What just plain scared the crap out of you?

ronpyatt is offline Dallas Organizer & Admin Golden d20 Award
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The most memorable was waking up in the middle of the night with 8 mates in a large house full of zombies as we all try to clamber downstairs and outside with only three pistols among us. No one survived! It was fantastic. The scary part was finding the zombie in the shower.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, I've never played, but I'd like to, if only for the name. Sometimes when I'm alone I say it aloud in various creepy voices. It makes me happy.
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got the book, very good set of rules, but the guys in my group seem to be rather hesitant with letting me run a game of it. They know I like zombie stuff, so I guess they're afraid that no one would survive a game!

I was really active on the forums at the company's site, and have a dead world that I started, but so far haven't had time to finish it. The dead world is based on a free-form RPG we had going for a while on the company's forums. It was lots of fun!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well bear in mind, that if I want to play it locally, and it isn't D&D or a White Wolf game (WOD or Exalted), then I'm stuck running the game myself. So I, personally, have actually gotten to play AFMBE exactly once, and that was online.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a NWN1 server that runs a game like this in a modern setting where you run around trying to stay alive, no magic, a gun, knife, sword, club, and never get beyond level 1. You ultimately die, but isn't it that way with zombie movies?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought I recognized that screen name, Skunkape.

The kind of game that I want to run might best be categorized more as supernatural action than survival horror. The premise being that instead of one huge Rise of the walking dead, the dead have always had the capacity to come back under the right circumstances. My first adventure was going to center on a Civitateo terrorizing Mexican migrants in a small South Georgia town, then spread out to other types as the characters encounter them including revenants, undead animals, and even a few good old-fashioned Romero-style shamblers.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Taylor View Post
    My first adventure was going to center on a Civitateo terrorizing Mexican migrants in a small South Georgia town,
    This sounds like a George Bush anti immigration plot - release the zombies to kill off all the illegals.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds to me like the old Hunter: the Reckoning plots. Actually a fairly good system that one. If you do not mind giving the characters a little edge. Well anyway I'd do it it I weren't 1400 miles away. neh!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also own Hunter: The Reckoning. So yes, some ideas were borrowed from that as well. I was thinking more along the lines of it being a back door into playing WitchCraft. In the part of the country where I was living at the time, the title of the latter game would have been a little off-putting. I think Phish can sympathize with that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Moritz View Post
    This sounds like a George Bush anti immigration plot - release the zombies to kill off all the illegals.
    The Civitateo is a distinctly Mexican kind of undead, the risen corpse of a woman who died in childbirth. What would have eventually been revealed to the party was that the undead in question was an illegal who had been horribly abused by her husband and had miscarried and died while they were being smuggled into the states.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow. That's just jacked up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No kidding. Some of the best monsters in horror movies and literature are the ones you can feel a small amount of sympathy for.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Taylor View Post
    The Civitateo is a distinctly Mexican kind of undead, the risen corpse of a woman who died in childbirth. What would have eventually been revealed to the party was that the undead in question was an illegal who had been horribly abused by her husband and had miscarried and died while they were being smuggled into the states.
    Wow, that's very interesting. I'm always interested about learning about folklore and supernatural entities/beings (yeah weird hobby but a hobby nonetheless...) From what I just read though the Civitateos were a sort of witch-vampire to the aztecs instead of a zombie. I got this info at http://www.sacrosanctum.org/vampires...sociology.html ... Still, it sounds like a great plot to go by.

I've always wanted to play AFMBE, I got as much info as I could at it's homepage. Archtype wise (from what the homepage listed) I'd love to play the video store clerk it'd be the most fitting.
    "If you are flamable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedburg

"If you find you are falling into madness -- dive." -Malkavian Proverb

Swords don't need reloading... that's why I am a melee fan .

Downloads
    Uploads
    If they're walking dead, AFMBE has rules that cover them. They can be Romero-style shamblers, living bodies controlled by alien parasites (a la The Puppetmasters), traditional voodoun zombies, vampires, sorcerous liches, Frankenstein's monster, vrykolakes, or whatever else you can think of.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast