Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All Flesh Must Be Eaten

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronpyatt View Post
    The most memorable was waking up in the middle of the night with 8 mates in a large house full of zombies as we all try to clamber downstairs and outside with only three pistols among us. No one survived! It was fantastic. The scary part was finding the zombie in the shower.
    Haha, that's great! I think I just found the way to start a AFMBE game with my friends.

My group has discussed trying AFMBE at different times. I own a couple of the books and would like to try it sometime.

currently playing:
    D&D Expedition to Undermountain - GMing
    Star Wars D6, Battletech RPG, D20 Modern Dark Matter - Player

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well it was a one shot set in Freedom West Virgina. An old friend was dying of cancer and having one last drunken party. I played the former college roommate and russian exchange student Ivan Skolofski. He was now a biologist. The GM used movie style with cut scenes and stuff our characters didn't know. As we got drunk with our friend everyone in town turned into zombies. We woke up the next morning with bad hangovers and a town full of zombies. My character figured out that alcohol made you invisible to zombies and prevented the virus from infecting you. Well at this point the cop PC "saved us" by getting her car and driving us out of town, or that was the plan. I had to ride on the roof and she failed a driving roll sending me (the only player who figured out the secret) flying into a group of zombies. Game over man, game over. The game ended with the atom bomb being dropped on the town and a farmilar rat (a pet of the goth kid PC, she was a journalism student) coming out of the ashes with red glowing eyes and a squeak...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just recently started AFMBE its ok i like the horror setting as i am into RE and All The DEAD Series so when i play more of it with my HomeGroup I'll Post My Input.
    A true warrior flexes like water, burns like fire, endures like earth, and floats like the wind. With Honor, Compassion, and Loyalty A true Warrior will Prevail over all that stands in his way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like AFMBE a lot and run it at conventions like Origins every year. The basic rulebook does the "Night of the Living Dead" pretty well but the sourcebooks are particularly useful. System is pretty flexible and it's easy to switch to the Cinematic Unisystem instead if you like.

So far I've run the following and had good luck with them: Fist Full of Zombies, Enter the Zombie, All Tomorrow's Zombies, Aargh Thar Be Zombies, and Dungeons & Zombies.

The Unisystem rules are easy to use and flexible enough to incorporate anything I need.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I liked the zombie-specific rules in AFMBE (heck, I even have a character in one of the archetype books) but I always found the Unisystem clunky. Maybe it was through lack of use; I dunno. Feel free to start a PBP game and prove me wrong.
    Last edited by kipling; 02-25-2008 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Put in smiley.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kipling View Post
    I liked the zombie-specific rules in AFMBE (heck, I even have a character in one of the archetype books) but I always found the Unisystem clunky. Maybe it was through lack of use; I dunno. Feel free to start a PBP game and prove me wrong. :_
    Kind of odd, the unisystem was made for speed and ease. I have known many rave of its ease. I have never used it.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know; I'm an oddment. But the scale is too compressed for me or the amount seems wrong. For some the Unisystem is lovely, but to me it's halfway to something: not stream-lined enough to be elegant, not crunchy enough to enjoy tweaking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had pretty much the same opinion of the Unisystem when I first started playing it (stats far too compressed) but decided to bite the bullet and run a few games with it at Origins. I ran several using the basic system and one with the cinematic system and was very surprised at how well it handled things. The compressed scale didn't really impact things that much and even PCs with similar stats seemed very different. My preference is for the cinematic version like they use in Army of Darkness and Angel/Buffy and I've since converted my normal game over to these mechanics. Currently running a high powered fantasy game but have oneshots for HKAT, Pirates/Zombies, Apocalypse/Mad Max gaming, and a few others.

Maybe after I get the time, I'll try to setup a game online of one of these as a demo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That would be awesome!
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it would be full of the awesome.
    GM of a Gaslight JL Mutants & Masterminds game, by PbP.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just about ready to go...

I'm in the process of hammering out the final details and will submit a proposal this weekend to start a PbP game of All Flesh.

The delay was caused by me trying to decide which of the following would be better as PbP: ETZ, "Arrgh Thar Be Zombies," a Mad Max/Zombie game and D&Z. I've run each of these scenarios at conventions and think they'd work in this format. PCs are pretty varied and pregens.

I'd like to go with D&Z if that's acceptable. If anyone has a preference or wants details on the other items, please let me know. Realistically, I could run two of these at once provided the proposals are accepted.

Downloads
    Uploads

PbP submission question

Ok, my webfu is weak today and I'm unable to find what I'm looking for.

What is the procedure to submit a proposal for a PbP game?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Contact Farcaster with a detailed description
    Au gibet noir, manchot aimable, dansent, dansent les paladins
    Les maigres paladins du diable les squelettes de Saladins.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, will do.

Downloads
    Uploads

AFMBE Game Starting

Farcaster setup the forum for the AFMBE game I'm going to run. It's called "The Grey Lands" and is in the Dungeons & Zombies venue and is based in a long running campaign of mine. It will use the Cinematic Unisystem and I'll add the details to the forum as I put the final touches on my notes. I can run with about 6 people and have a lot of pregens available. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12