Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 121 to 130 of 130

Thread: Part 1: Act 3: Scene 2

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Kromedon, Zhānrén, Main Group

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Purusartha: {Exchanges another look with Palenrian} -speaks to Zhānrén- "His name is Xiaolong, he's in his sixties, a former monk..."

    Zhānrén: {Appears to weaken and sits again} "Where is he?"

    Purusartha: "He's downstairs in Wrusk's hidden cellar. We are using it as a safehouse. The others are down there as well, resting. We're all quite exhausted after such a long day of battles."

    Just then, Wrusk and Samad return into the living room. Samad senses right away that Zhānrén is upset by her expression and body language.

    Samad: "Zhānrén, what's wrong?!"

    Zhānrén: {Smiles} "It appears my search is over. Purusartha tells me my father is downstairs!"

    Samad: "Oh?! That's amazing!" {Turns to Wrusk}"Is there an elderly werebull downstairs who also hails from Caishia?"

    Wrusk:
    "Err... why yes there is! However I don't know him well, he arrived with the others a little while ago." {Looks at Zhānrén with curiosity} "If your father is a werebull does that mean that you are one also?"

    Samad: {Punches Wrusk in the arm} "Hey! That's rude!"

    Zhānrén: {Shakes her head} "It's ok. Lycanthropy is not always passed on if the parent wasn't born that way."

    Purusartha: -Addresses Kromedon- "I am glad you are tolerant of were's. I did not choose to become a werewolf. Few do. It is a curse... one which taxes a great burden on our souls... but the added strength does prove useful whenever we face the Vulkyrie!"

    Samad: {Looks baffled and stares at Purusartha} "You are a werewolf?!"

    Wrusk: {clears his throat} -Speaks to Kromedon- "When you're ready, we have moved Ivars body for your viewing."

    [Kromedon: What do you do?]

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    47
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Kromedon Broadbeard
    Kromedon mostly just listens, apparently the were-circus is in town and he's got a front row seat, with complimentary drinks. "I can't imagine why one might be were-intolerant. I have no interest in being bitten, but as long as you don't try to bite me, I'm sure we'll get along fine. We keep coming back around to fighting Vulkyrie. I understand the why, they've been pretty horrible in the one day I've been here, but you keep skipping over how. From the sound of things, you guys got your collective asses handed to you. Did you accomplish anything along the way at least?"

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Kromedon, Zhānrén, Main Group

    Palenrian: "They rescued me from the bowels of the Vulkyrie dungeon. That's an accomplishment as far as I'm concerned!"

    Purusartha: "We have the Vulkyrie fearing who we are, where we are, and where we'll strike next. We've proven we can kill them, that's a start." -Looks carefully at Kromedon and Zhānrén- "Before you arrived, Palenrian, myself and Wrusk were discussing our group. How to organize it, how to structure it, etc. It's important that we develop a group identity. I'd be interested in hearing your opinions on that, but Palenrian and I are long overdue for rest."

    "I propose that we sit down again this afternoon and have lunch? In the meantime Wrusk can see to it that you are comfortable here while you wait. Take what time you need to pay respects to your cousin Kromedon. Zhānrén, the truth is your father is too exhausted to see you just now, but I give you my word that you'll have your chance to meet him. Is that agreeable?"
    He asks.

    [Kromedon: What do you do?]
    Last edited by Narayan; 08-24-2014 at 12:14 AM.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    47
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Kromedon Broadbeard

    Kromedon finishes his glass and waves off a refill for the first time since he sat down. "Very well, you have clearly had a very long day. Mine wasn't nearly as bad, but I could do with a bit of rest as well." he turns to Wrusk. "I would like to see my cousin now. I imagine it will be brief, but this does seem to be the moment for it. Afterward, I will gladly take you up on his offer of accommodations."

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Kromedon, Wrusk

    Purusartha and Palenrian leave the room whileZhānrén and Samad get comfortable before the hearth.

    Wrusk: -Speaks to Kromedon- "Follow me..."

    You follow Wrusk through his home to his personal workshop, beside his office, with a doorway to the tannery out back. Masterwork leather-working tools and jars of ointments and dyes are neatly arranged beside stacks of nearly finished furs and hides that await Wrusks expert final touch. In the center of the workshop is a long, heavy wooden table where Ivar's body has been laid out.
    His weapons and belongs are piled neatly on the floor beside the table. Ivars eyes have been shut, but the expression on his face is rigid with pain and terror. There is also a foul smell lingering about his body, since it has not been properly washed and has been stored in a shack for curing hides overnight.

    Wrusk: "Normally by now, my workers would be here working the tannery. Yet since the alarm's been raised, any business today will be cancelled. However, If work resumes tomorrow we will have to store Ivar's body elsewhere. It would not be wise for my workers to see anything that hints at foul play here at the tannery for obvious reasons. ...Well, take what time you need. I will be waiting in my office..." Wrusks says shutting his office door behind him leaving you and your cousin in privacy.

    Wrusk left the door ajar to the tannery out back. There, beside the vats of foul-smelling curing fat, are barrels of clean water and lots of strong soap, gloves, rope, aprons, sharp knives and other tools and supplies used by the workers. You get the impression Wrusk would not mind if you helped yourself to anything you needed.

    [Kromedon: What do you do?]

  6. #126
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Budapest
    Age
    26
    Posts
    40
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Ersun

    “If we let both go then there’s a chance of losing them both. Why not detain one of them with a made-up cause while letting the other go?” He rubs his beard as he thinks for a moment. “As for following I’m not much of a sneaker myself and if they notice me they’d be alerted. Its better I disappear I think, although I would love to hear what they have to say under interrogation myself.

    He sighs as he tries to collect every little piece in his mind and not get clogged down with a single one. As he speaks he shuffles through his things to dig out two parchments, his pen and some ink.

    “Why don’t you quickly consult with your father about the thugs? I will debrief you about what else I know afterwards, but we are quite short on time here... And if your father decides to interrogate me first instead I’m wary we might lose a lot of it, and alert even more players off.” And after a moment he adds ponderingly. “I would prefer to work some of this out with you, but I suspect we’d somewhat lack authority?”

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    gravesend
    Age
    38
    Posts
    49
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Burrai Steelborn

    Quote Originally Posted by Rol View Post
    "Please do! Meaning no disrespect priestess... but I've gambled everything on this meeting. If we are to help each other, the least you could do is explain your situation to me! I'd also like to know who this contact of yours is in Cabarda? I have a right to know if I'll be relying on him to keep me safe!"
    Burrai closes his eyes,takes a deep breath. ~Damn fool. Can't just shut up and follow orders~. It wasn't a trait bestowed solely on merchants; Burrai had worked with a lot of men who had died because others couldn't just let go of the reins when they didn't know better. History too was replete with it.

    "Look....Rol." He draws the name out, articulating his annoyance. "First, I'm not a Gods Damned moron. I'm not going to let you stay in my home if I think there's the slightest chance someone's going to get eviscerated inside it. They flushed me out of the place, meaning it may well be as good a hiding place as any. Especially if I'm running around causing trouble. And I won't know for sure until I've scouted it out. So, for now, that's my working plan."

    "Second, you don't get my respect. You earn it. And if you want to make a start, stop acting like a skittish rodent caught between a cat and the farmer. I don't have the time, nor the trust in you, to waste on explaining myself, so if you want to learn something get a grip on your nerves and keep your ears open. You're a merchant, so you understand trade - and you just made a deal with me: your information, for me keeping your skin intact. If you want to know how good your end of the bargain is, go down the local mercenary company and ask about Burrai Steelborn."

    Burrai lowers his voice and narrows his eyes. The lamps of the alehouse pour dark ink into his scars. "Lastly, some free advice on staying alive from one who knows pretty well how it's done." He counts the points off on scarred, calloused fingers. "One, learn who knows a subject better than you and listen to them. Two, exercise patience when you're not in immediate danger, and trust instinct when you are. And Three - " Burrai's voice drops to a low hiss " - keep your Gods Damned voice down! Especially, when the words out of your fool lips are about the Vulkyrie and the Network. Or so help me I'll throw you so hard out this door they'll arrest you for flying. Understand?"

    [Intimidate Check: 1d20+7 = 20]

    Burrai leans back in his seat, palms face down on the table. "So if you've anything more to share you think relevant, I'll gladly hear it. If not, then wait and you'll learn plenty in the next hour....Oh don't look at me like that Elloral. If I'm going to keep him safe, I'm not bargaining with him. He does what I say, or he walks. At least until I trust him."

    Burrai turns his scowl on the door the the Twelve Apple Alehouse, brushing away his annoyance and picking through Rol's facts. ~One thing at a time, Burrai. Deal with Jabbar, get a translator for the Journal. After that you can play hero for Rol if you can.~

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    47
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Kromedon Broadbeard
    Kromedon follows Wrusk out to the workshop, and does little more than glance at the dies and furs. "Thank you, I do not expect to be terribly long." he says as Wrusk departs.
    Once alone, Kromedon begins to work his magic, literally. Prestidigitation to clean Ivar's body as much as possible, then Detect Magic to make sure nothing important gets left behind. If anyone were watching, they might think that Kromedon was not terribly close to his cousin, and they may be right. He was supposed to find out what happened to Ivar, and report back. He's found out, and the report is not especially urgent. Now its time to mop up the pieces, see to the burial and determine the viability of striking back at the Vulkyrie. Once he's done cleaning the body and searching its pockets for clues etc, and depending on what he finds, Kromedon will head back in.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Ersun

    Quote Originally Posted by Ersun
    “If we let both go then there’s a chance of losing them both. Why not detain one of them with a made-up cause while letting the other go?” He rubs his beard as he thinks for a moment. “As for following I’m not much of a sneaker myself and if they notice me they’d be alerted. Its better I disappear I think, although I would love to hear what they have to say under interrogation myself.

    He sighs as he tries to collect every little piece in his mind and not get clogged down with a single one. As he speaks he shuffles through his things to dig out two parchments, his pen and some ink.

    “Why don’t you quickly consult with your father about the thugs? I will debrief you about what else I know afterwards, but we are quite short on time here... And if your father decides to interrogate me first instead I’m wary we might lose a lot of it, and alert even more players off.” And after a moment he adds ponderingly. “I would prefer to work some of this out with you, but I suspect we’d somewhat lack authority?”
    Ania: {Smirks} "Don't try making suggestions to my father like an equal Esun, it'll only aggravate him. Let me do the talking. I might persuade him to consult with you, but only if he believes it was my idea to begin with." {Reaches into her robes to produce a potion vial} "Drink this, it'll make you invisible to all except Warmages."

    After you drink the potion, she leads you back towards the wall of force encircled by armed guards of the warrior-caste. Kairos commands them with a voice like thunder, shouting orders they heed and respect more then the rest of the robed warmages.

    As you watch, the wall of force is dismissed so the guards can move in. There is very little resistance to arrest. The two thugs are easily apprehended along with the rest. You move close enough to hear them complain knowing they cannot see you while you are invisible.

    Ania: -explains- "They'll all be taken to the nearest garrison for further questioning. My father may interrogate a few personally, if he has a hunch they might know something. I've seen it before, but there are likely no clues to be had amongst this rabble anymore then the others. Moruk has an uncanny ability to appear and disappear at will. Where he goes we cannot say, save that he is somewhere we cannot see. Another dimensional space perhaps, or some other plane entirely.... are you educated with such knowledge Ersun?" She asks with a curious twitch from a lovely eyebrow.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Budapest
    Age
    26
    Posts
    40
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Ersun

    Well this invisibility makes things easier for him, although he wonders how long it will last, and how much he can do before it breaks.

    “Different dimension are beyond my expertise I’m afraid.” He tells her while considering the wordings of his parchments, and keeping his senses out to his surroundings, so much to do at once, think, listen, write.

    “Do you think I could have two trustable runners? To let my brother know, that isn’t much to ask right?” He requests with a hopeful smile.

    If he can get away with this much, one he’ll send to his brother, the other back to Lysen.

    To Enkir:
    Kidnapped but escaped. Best wishes.
    And his current whereabouts, signed with Ersun.

    To Lysen:
    Not dead. Poisoned by your butler. Stay cool. Best wishes.
    And his current whereabouts, signed with Ersun.

    He folds the parchments neatly. The trick would be getting it past the old man if he will be still there.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •