Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Part 1: Act 3: Scene 2 - Page 2
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 130

Thread: Part 1: Act 3: Scene 2

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    ~So he sees me as a burden is that it? Fine! Let them deal with their 'lycan' problems on their own!~

    {Emiko steps back from the lycanthropes. She appears very hurt by Sauel's words. Her eyes tear up a bit, and she looks embarrassed as she looks around at the others staring at her.} -Speaking Katanese- "Watashi wa itsumo mondaida!" She exclaims in a hurt tone.

    As she speaks the last word she turns her head down in embarrassment, and quickly runs away from everyone in the group. She runs as fast as she can to Wrusk's door, and knocks on it as hard as she can, three times. She leans on the door with her face pressed against it, silently praying that he responds quickly before the tears roll down her cheeks. Her body glows faintly from her emotions, and her hands slightly sear the wood of the door as she clings to it.

    (Translation: Watashi wa itsumo mondaida = I am always the problem.)

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Post Sauel

    Although Sauel got the result he wanted he felt like a bully somehow based on her reaction. Sometimes the ends justified the means, especially in lycan society. Unfortunately he didn't have time to ponder or figure out the what' and whys of it all.


    With little doubt three others would return to the cellar he turned towards the last direction he'd seen Xaio run (and perhaps was still within view from this angle). "Let's do this..."

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    gravesend
    Age
    38
    Posts
    49
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Burrai Steelborn

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilbur View Post
    "That's just silly superstition! They could be out there in the dark! Better to fear the enemy we know. Besides, I doubt he..." {gestures to Burrai} "...will live long enough to stalk us if they are already stalking him. For certain he's not going to murder us here and now in cold blood around so many witnesses! Send them away Rol!"
    Burrai watches them for a moment, head tilted to one side. Lit by the flickering light of the flames he seems to move, despite being stiller than stone. Then he turns to Elloral, dismissing the two Dwarves from his attention.

    "Come on Elloral. These two have told us all we need to know." He gets to his feet, slips his heavy axe into it's loop on his belt. "It's clear the Network are stirring in Skull Mountain. Enough that merchants are setting watch in the shadows of Cabarda's walls anyway. That alone means they've got agents still abroad more than likely. That's all we need." He turns, walks to the edge of the firelight and waits for Elloral to join him, looking back at the three shapes huddled around the firepit.

    "Good night Master Dwarves. Sleep and wake without meeting the Ancestors. Perhaps our paths with cross again in less dark times." His mouth twitches into something of a grin, twisted by the ugly ragged edge of his scar.

    "Because you'll find Burrai Steelborn is not so easily disposed of."

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Jiao Zhang

    For a moment the Vulkrie assumes Xiaolong is about to collapse from his wounds and gets distracted by the fleeing wererat who was its original prey. However it quickly realizes that Xiaolongs convulsions are not death-throws but a prelude to a bizarre transformation.

    The Vulkyrie screeches with surprise as Xiaolong's skull sprouts horns while his limbs thicken and grow. In a matter of seconds, the diminutive old Caishian rises to stand almost a foot taller than the Vulkyrie. Jiao has emerged and his lips curl with relish at the sight of his new foe.

    Jiao: -speaking common-
    "Prepare to die bird man!" {used 5 ft step to move even closer ensuring the Vulkyrie won't be able to step out of his reach} (Intimidation Check: = 26)

    Vulkyrie Guard: (Sense Motive: = 11, Fail)

    The Vulkyrie is instantly intimidated by Jiao and reacts out of fear, attacking the werebull with its Halberd.

    Vulkyrie Guard:​
    1. (First Halberd Attack: = 12, possible fumble)(Fumble Check: = 19, Not a fumble)
    2. (Second Halberd Attack: = 7, possible fumble)(Fumble Check: = 9, Fumble!)(Provokes Attack of Opportunity from Jiao!)


    The Vulkyrie's strikes are strong but clumsy as it panics, provoking an attack of opportunity from Jiao!

    Jiao: (Initiates an Improved Grapple: = 28, Hit)(Location: Right Arm)

    Jiao grabs the Vulkyrie's right arm in a sort of arm lock, preventing it from fleeing or using it's weapon!

    Vulkyrie Guard: (Opposed strength check to break the grapple: = 23, Win)

    Jiao: (Opposed strength check to maintain grapple: = 13, Loose)

    The Vulkyrie manages to yank its arm free of Jiao's grip with a rush of adrenaline.

    Jiao: (Initiative: = 16)
    Last edited by Narayan; 07-04-2014 at 08:54 PM.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Arminas, Cred, Emiko, Palenrian, Sher' Reek

    Quote Originally Posted by Emiko
    She runs as fast as she can to Wrusk's door, and knocks on it as hard as she can, three times. She leans on the door with her face pressed against it, silently praying that he responds quickly before the tears roll down her cheeks. Her body glows faintly from her emotions and her hands slightly sear the wood of the door as she clings to it.

    Several moments pass before the small porthole in Wrusks door opens. Wrusk recognizes you, glances down the street and opens the door.

    Wrusk: {stares down at you wiping away tears and frowns}
    "Come inside!"

    You enter his common room where his monkey is perched on his chair. It screeches at you.

    Meanwhile Arminas, Palenrian, Cred and Sher' Reek all arrive at the doorway. Wrusk ushers them inside as well.

    Wrusk: "What's happened? Where are the others?"

    Arminas: "Not everyone made it out. Purusartha, Sauel and Yorick are alive. They're in the neighborhood, they'll be back as soon as they can. This is Palenrian, the man we rescued." He says gesturing to the off-worlder.

    Wrusk: {simply nods} "Ok, get down into the cellar."

    As you all make your way out of the common room Wrusk sprinkles some sort of magic dust behind you following your trail.

    Wrusk: "This will hide your scent in case any Vulkyrie track you to my door and search inside." He says.

    [What do you do?]

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Purusartha, Sauel, Yorick

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauel
    Although Sauel got the result he wanted he felt like a bully somehow based on her reaction. Sometimes the ends justified the means, especially in lycan society. Unfortunately he didn't have time to ponder or figure out the what' and whys of it all.

    With little doubt the others would return to the cellar he turned towards the last direction he'd seen Xiao run (and perhaps was still within view from this angle). "Let's do this..."
    Purusartha: {Looks to you and Yorick and nods} "Very well, we will move as a pack."

    The three of you head back towards the park together, walking at a brisk pace. Meanwhile at the end of the street the jail-wagon has already turned around and heading towards you. Purusartha and the city watch sergeant exchange the slightest of nods as you pass each other. You can't see the battle in the park until you reach the end of the street at the end of round 4 for Jiao and the Vulkyrie Guard.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    aurora
    Posts
    218
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Cred

    he enters and sighs happy to be at a seemingly safe place

    We need to rest at the very minimum for the day, I know a few of us need to heal and comune with our gods.
    Last edited by voidoblivion; 07-04-2014 at 12:30 AM.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Burrai, Elloral

    The dwarves continue to argue as you walk out of their camp. Rol is angry at Gilbur for being rude. Meanwhile you find another spot to wait for the gates to open, out of sight of Rol's camp but still in the crowd where its safer. You have no wood to make a fire, or chairs to sit comfortably, so for now you have to make due with a cold camp on open ground. Elloral doesn't seem keen on bothering with a tent since you won't be here very long.

    Elloral: "I don't trust that Gilbur fellow. He puts on a big show about avoiding the subject of the black network, but a frightened person doesn't pretend to snore... a frightened person would just lay there quietly."

    "I agree with what you said Burrai. It's clear the network is up to something. Whatever it is may be in this journal..." {pats it on her side} "...which makes it all the more imperative that we translate it as soon as possible. I don't know who else has any answers unless we find an opportunity to talk to Rol without Gilbur around?"

    [Burrai: What do you do?]
    Last edited by Narayan; 07-04-2014 at 05:33 PM.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Jiao Zhang

    <Start of Round 4>


    • Bleeding Damage ( * )
    • Fire Damage ( # )
    • Cold Damage ( @ )
    • Spell Damage ( ^ )
    • Poison Damage ( ! )


    The order of initiative is:

    (16) Jiao (-16)(-15)
    (15) Vulkyrie Guard (-6)(-23)
    (14) Wererat
    __________________________________________________ ________

    Jiao beings to strike at the Vulkyrie with the practiced moves of a monk, doubly dangerous with his massive strength and bulk.

    Jiao:

    1. (First Unarmed Strike: = 17, Miss)
    2. (Second Unarmed Strike: = 16, Miss)
    3. (Third Unarmed Strike: = 32, Possible Critical!)(Critical Check: = 30, Critical!)(Location: Right Leg)(Damage: = 23)


    He misses with two punches but snap-kicks the Vulkyrie guard savagely in his right leg with his sharp hoof, bruising it down to the bone! On a weaker creature that bone would have burst into splinters!

    The vulkyrie shrieks and stumbles, whirling around welding its Halberd.

    Vulkyrie Guard:

    (First Halberd Strike: = 23, Hit)(Location: Chest)(Damage: = 16)
    (Second Halberd Strike: = 15, Hit)(Location: Skull)(Damage: = 15)

    The Vulkyrie lands two solid blows with his Halberd, gashing Jiao across the chest and the side of his skull!

    Jiao: (Fortitude Save vs. Stun, DC 15: = 24, Success)

    A weaker creature would have collapsed but Jiao simply roars with rage and delight. ~The infamous Vulkyrie are a worthy foe!~


    Last edited by Narayan; 07-06-2014 at 08:54 PM.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    Emiko makes her way to Wrusk's wash room without saying a word, she takes out her soap from her pack and Kitsune jumps out. Kit watches as Emiko begins scrubbing away all the mess from the dungeon chutes and her makeup from the disguise. She combs her hair clean with her soap and the water Wrusk had left in there. Once clean and smelling of jasmine once again she would silently follow the others down to the cellar, with Kit safely hiding in her pack again.
    Last edited by Daydreaming; 07-08-2014 at 01:30 AM.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Purusartha's Pack

    Purusartha, Sauel and Yorick all come to the end of the street and see the fearsome duel in the park between Jiao and the Vulkyrie Guard. They are still 100 ft away from it. None of you see any trace of the Wererat you spotted earlier either.

    Purusartha:
    "As I feared... Jiao has emerged! He may have met his match this time. Lets hope that Vulkyrie doesn't manage to blow his horn or we'll have to seek cover immediately!" {glances around the sky nervously}

    Vulkyrie Guard: (Spot Check, DC 13: = 22, Success) The Vulkyrie has no trouble spotting the three of you entering the park, though he doesn't yet consider you a threat.

    Purusartha: {Frowns} "It spotted us."

    Yorick: {Stares at the large werebull trading blows with the Vulkyrie and grins.} "They look evenly matched! Shall I help Jiao finish him off?!" He asks.

    Purusartha: {shakes his head} "If we rush in now the Vulkyrie might get spooked and blow his horn or take to the air, even if we don't shift forms. Lets just move in slowly, but be ready to charge! If Jiao looses this duel we will come to his aid. If more Vulkyrie appear we will do our best to warn him, but we should avoid detection ourselves if at all possible."

    The three of you enter the park at a normal speed... which means you will need approximately 3 rounds to reach Jiao and the Vulkyrie 100 ft. away. Purusartha calmly knocks an arrow to his compound bow as you walk but doesn't raise it or aim it at anything.

    [Sauel: What do you do?]

    <Start of Round 5>



    • Bleeding Damage ( * )
    • Fire Damage ( # )
    • Cold Damage ( @ )
    • Spell Damage ( ^ )
    • Poison Damage ( ! )


    The order of initiative is:

    (18) Yorick (Holding Action)
    (16) Jiao (-16)(-15)
    (15) Purusartha
    (15) Vulkyrie Guard (-6)(-23)
    (14) Wererat
    (4) Sauel


    Last edited by Narayan; 07-06-2014 at 08:55 PM.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Sauel

    Sauel had no doubt they would have been considered a threat if they didn't look human. This meant changing before they closed the distance would be a large problem. At this point a backup weapon probably would have been good, but Sauel had long since expected the night over and to recover from the night's many troubles and challenges. If he had to race forward he would probably be shifting again and offer cover and distraction...

    Assuming someone didn't throw another fireball and singe all his fur off...

    "Alright. I say his horn should be your primary target if you have to shoot... For now I'll keep an eye on the sky until we charge..."

    There was also Jaio to think about. Jaio would be annoyed if they interrupted his battle prematurely. If the battle remained isolated Sauel would be happy to let Jaio and the Vul battle it out until a victor was certain (and preferably without Jaio dying).

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Ersun, Izel

    Quote Originally Posted by Ersun
    "Alright, I'll take it." He lets in. Although he is curious if Izel will sit back down or rather leave and message him later.

    “Apologies for stressing it that far.” He says with a smile and a nod as if they are in understanding.

    “Who’d have been the next pick in case I refuse?” There should be no harm in knowing that, it’s a really insignificant detail.

    He slightly leans on his hand as he thinks if further. Another interesting question is what would’ve happened to him if he refused, he doubts Izel would’ve left it at this. Maybe he should’ve pushed some more buttons after all, but maybe he can just talk that out eventually as well. Then maybe, it’d have been more prudent focusing more on getting on the better side of the man instead…


    Izel:
    "We've spoke enough for one day. As we have never been seen together before, remaining here any longer would draw too much attention. Go and clear your schedule and prepare to leave. Return here in twelve hours and someone will meet you with further instructions. They'll introduce themselves as Shul." {Turns to leave.}

    [Ersun: What do you do?]


  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Main Group

    As you all move down into the cellar you can see that is has been tidied up a bit. There is a bathing tub set up in one corner surrounded by a curtain and several cots set up against the wall covered in furs. The cupboards and counters by the stove are stacked with food, enough to keep you all comfortably fed for a couple weeks.

    Achetii stands as you approach and ruffles her wings nervously. Wrusk speaks up to the newcomers.

    Wrusk: "Welcome to my cellar. This is your sanctuary for as long as you need it, for as long as we can maintain it's secrecy. This is NOT the place for fighting or nonsense. If any of you endanger the group, I'll kill you myself... just like the Vulkyrie I used to make this cane!" {
    taps his cane on the floorboards for emphasis}

    Arminas: {Leads Palenrian to a seat by the stove where its warmest and turns to speak to Wrusk.} "We are in your debt, you'll get no trouble from us."

    Wrusk: {Nods to Arminas and looks to Sher' Reek} "You're ugly, even for a Kobold... where did they find you?"

    Sher' Reek: {Hisses} "You're just as ugly in my eyes old man. You're a Half Orc aren't you? I've seen some of your race before. Usually slaves, never very smart..."

    Wrusk: {Growls} "I'm smart enough to have survived this long!"

    Sher' Reek: "...and touchy." She adds.

    Wrusk: {Snorts} "I'll be upstairs!"

    [Cred, Emiko: What do you do?]


  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    Once in the cellar Emiko would grab her belongings she left there from before and put them in her pack, except her book and writing materials. Noticing a cot placed a bit away from the other cots in the room, she sits down cross-legged in the center of the cot. She begins to write in Katanese in her book, about all that has transpired since they left the cellar earlier.

    {Emiko looks nervous when she hears Wrusk mention killing anyone that endangers the group, and she looks up at the conversation between Wrusk and Sher'Reek.} -Speaking Common- "Thank you for your kindness Wrusk-San... But please wait a moment before you go back upstairs..." She says to him before he leaves to go.

    {Emiko sets her writing materials aside and walks over to Sher'Reek. She pulls off the cloth that made up her makeshift coverings, and holds it out in front of her to hand to Sher'Reek.} "This cloth would serve better for your size rather than my large cloak... Not only that, but I would like my cloak returned to me now, it is important to me... Also, I think we should put Cael's body with Ivar's for now. It makes sense to keep the dead in one place don't you think?" She says motioning for Sher'Reek to produce her bag of holding and give Emiko back her cloak.

    "Where is Ivar's body, Wrusk-San? Don't you think it wise to keep Cael with him as well?" She turns speaking to Wrusk behind her while she waits for Sher'Reek to comply.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •