Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Part 1: Act 3: Scene 2
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 130

Thread: Part 1: Act 3: Scene 2

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Part 1: Act 3: Scene 2

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.

    Where: Continent of Akhenaten - Kingdom of Vulkh - City of Masaeus

    When: 500th Year of the 3rd Age - Tuesday Morning - April 10th
    __________________________________________________ ____


    We are on DDS 132 now on rolz.org... please everyone roll up new Fate Pools​.



    Outside of Wrusks Tannery_________________________________________


    Quote Originally Posted by Xiaolong
    At that moment he immediately jumps up and kicks open the door, leaping from the wagon. His feet actually kick dust up from the cobblestoned street as he sprints into the park towards the wererat.

    ~It's time to keep my promise to those monsters that this old man will deliver an exotic beast like none has ever seen~

    He readies himself to grapple the Wererat with burning resolve.

    ~goodbye you all... it was fun playing hero again~


    As you charge into the park the wererat stares at you with disbelief likely asking itself, who is this crazy old man and what is he thinking? Once you get within thirty feet of it you see it's wearing traditional Akhenaten garb without armor. His clothes are rather expensive looking silks, still largely intact despite its shift into hybrid form. In one hand it clutches a curved dagger, which seems odd when it's own claws would serve just as well. It actually appears to cower from your charge, making you doubt this wererat was a warrior to begin with.

    Xiaolong:
    1. (Spot Check, DC 15: = 9, Fail)
    2. (Listen Check, DC 16: = 28, Success)


    At that instant, you hear the sound of creaking branches and look up to see a Vulkyrie guard hidden up in a nearby tree about 30 ft. away, already in the motions of throwing a javelin at you! Roll initiative!

    __________________________________________________ ________

    <Start of Round 1>



    • Bleeding Damage ( * )
    • Fire Damage ( # )
    • Cold Damage ( @ )
    • Spell Damage ( ^ )
    • Poison Damage ( ! )



    The order of initiative is:

    (18) Xiaolong
    (15) Vulkyrie Guard
    (14) Wereat
    __________________________________________________ ________

    [Xiaolong: You act first, What do you do?]

    Last edited by Narayan; 06-28-2014 at 07:21 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Concord
    Posts
    95
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Xiaolong Shu

    Xiaolong when noticing the range assault about to befall him stops his charge and goes into his readied martial arts stance facing the Vul. Standing tall he prepares his forward hand to ACTIVELY PARRY the oncoming javelin. Should the javelin fall within his arm reach he was also prepared to use it as a retaliation weapon against the Vul.

    He keeps situational awareness and monitors the Wererat just in case he must instead parry an assault from him instead.

    ~I will rid everyone of these monsters!~
    Last edited by Narayan; 06-28-2014 at 05:40 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Xiaolong Shu

    The black-eyed Vulkyrie throws the javelin at you! It seems to be the same type of javelin that pinned those other three bodies to the ground, but the Vulkyrie doesn't appear to be carrying any more, which means after this attack it won't be able to throw another.

    Vulkyrie Guard:
    (Javelin Attack: = 10, Possible Fumble)(Fumble Check: = 21, Not a fumble)

    The Vulkyrie is momentarily off balance in the tree and this ruins its aim, yet it still manages to throw the Javelin near Xiaolong... it sticks into the earth less then 5ft. away.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiaolong
    Should the javelin fall within his arm reach he was also prepared to use it as a retaliation weapon against the Vul.


    [Xiaolong:
    Because the Vulkyrie's attack missed, you do not need to waste an Active Parry against that attack and retain all your attacks this round. You are able to quickly retrieve the Vulkyrie's Javelin, stuck in the ground a few feet away. The Javelin is cruelly shaped but masterwork quality, perhaps even magical? It feels very deadly and well balanced in your grasp as you throw it back at the Vulkyrie. Make your attack!]
    Last edited by Narayan; 06-28-2014 at 06:53 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Concord
    Posts
    95
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Xiaolong Shu

    The sound that initially warned Xiaolong was a branch cracking and shifting its position a few inches while the Vul threw the javelin. It was thrown in good form but arcs slightly wide piercing the earth a few feet from where he stood.

    Xiaolong reacts quickly grabbing the javelin out of the ground in his left hand and spins using his bodies momentum to release the javelin with all his strength in a deadly a counterattack! His aim is true [Attack roll= 23 HIT] and manages to pierce into the Vul's left leg [Damage=6] before falling loose from its own weight tumbling down through the branches.
    Last edited by Narayan; 06-28-2014 at 07:56 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Xiaolong Shu

    The Vulkyrie shrieks with anger at the injury and affront of being wounded by its own weapon. So far it only see's an old man, but there's a chance it will detect Xiaolong's true nature by scent....

    Vulkyrie Guard: (Survival Check, DC 23: = 18, Fail)

    Failing to sense Xiaolong's true nature the Vulkyrie leaps from the tree and glides down before Xiaolong with a few strong beats of its large wings. It is now 10 ft. away.

    Vulkyrie Guard: -speaking common- "Impudent old man! How DARE you interfere with my hunt! I will END YOU!" It says with an inhuman, raptor-like voice as it readies its wicked-looking Halberd.

    Wererat:
    -speaking common- "Nooo! Runnnn!" The Wererat says attempting to form words with its muzzle, moving out a bit from its hiding place, looking like it wants to bolt at any moment.

    __________________________________________________ ____________________

    <Start of Round 2>


    • Bleeding Damage ( * )
    • Fire Damage ( # )
    • Cold Damage ( @ )
    • Spell Damage ( ^ )
    • Poison Damage ( ! )


    The order of initiative is:

    (18) Xiaolong
    (15) Vulkyrie Guard (-6)
    (14) Wereat
    __________________________________________________ ________


    [Xiaolong: It is your turn, What do you do?]




    Last edited by Narayan; 06-29-2014 at 10:11 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Concord
    Posts
    95
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Xiaolong Shu

    Xiaolong hears what appears to be concern coming from the wererat.

    ~I forget... inside there is still a person~


    Xiaolong doesn't waste much time to ponder about the Wererat's motive. He pushes on forward and swiftly strikes at the Vul though his punch doesn't seem to land in a soft enough spot in his armor to deal damage. [Attack roll= 14 fail]

    Xiaolong doesn't succumb to the pressure and prepares to defend himself from the counterattack
    Last edited by Shun001; 06-29-2014 at 09:18 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Xiaolong Shu

    The Vulkyrie Guard almost laughs at your weak strike.

    Vulkyrie Guard: "Puny Human!"
    1. (First Attack with Halberd: = 19, Hit)(Location: Left Arm)(Damage: = 13)
    2. (Second Attack with Halberd: = 18, Hit)(Location: Right Arm)(Damage: = 14)


    Wererat: (Full Run Action)
    Seeing a chance to escape, the wererat bolts... running at maximum speed away from the Vulkyrie which actually takes it towards the tannery.

    <Start of Round 3>



    • Bleeding Damage ( * )
    • Fire Damage ( # )
    • Cold Damage ( @ )
    • Spell Damage ( ^ )
    • Poison Damage ( ! )



    The order of initiative is:

    (18) Xiaolong (-13)(-14)
    (15) Vulkyrie Guard (-6)
    (14) Wereat
    __________________________________________________ ________


    [Xiaolong: It is your turn, What do you do?]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Concord
    Posts
    95
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Xiaolong Shu

    Xiaolong is assaulted by 2 heavy his of the Vul's halberd. Tearing deep into his flesh and ripping his cloths to shreds Xiaolong is left a bloody mess as he struggles to stand... and for that fact keep his humanity.

    "it's my turn"
    the voice said inside him waiting ever so eagerly to come out.

    [Control Shape DC25= 12 Fail]

    Xiaolong's vision fades into darkness... he floats in the void of his soul none the wiser of what was about to befall his body.

    Jiao begins to emerge from the bloody heap that was once the old man Xiaolong.
    Last edited by Narayan; 06-29-2014 at 11:32 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Main Group

    Hurrying up the street behind Purusartha you keep a look out as he peeks around the corner with the front door of Wrusks Tannery in sight. It looks all clear so Purusartha gestures for the rest of you to keep going.

    Purusartha: "Get to shelter! I'll catch up!" Purusartha says looking like he's going to turn back to run to the park.

    Yorick: {Grunts} "Wait! What are you doing?"

    Purusartha: "I can't just leave the old man to die like that... He hasn't been to the Tannery before. Even if he survives he might get lost. Same goes for Jiao, someone should be be there to tell him where to hide if he gets the chance."

    Yorick: "I'll come too!"

    Purusartha: "No you need to stay with Sauel. If anything happens to me, you'll need him to teach you how to survive."

    Yorick: {frowns} "You said you were my pack-mate too Purusartha. Why should I let you go off by yourself? I'm not afraid!"

    Purusartha: "You should listen to your elders pup! You're not ready for this so close to the full moon. I can handle it. Don't worry I won't let myself be captured so if I don't return soon, don't come looking for me!"

    Arminas: {shakes his head} -Speaks in a very frank and logical tone-"I don't think Jiao will be in the mood to hide. You remember how he was down below? He slaughtered those Bugbears... and annihilated those Kobolds! It's anyone's guess how strong his bloodlust will be at the chance to battle Wererats! ...or worse!"

    Sher' Reek:
    {Grimaces at the mention of her fallen tribesman} -Speaks frankly but begrudgingly- "Actually elf is right. Big bull is too dangerous! let him go and kill as many as he can!"

    [Cred, Emiko, Sauel: do you have anything to say?]










    Last edited by Narayan; 06-30-2014 at 12:29 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Post Sauel

    ~Why is this happening?~ Sauel had to think and ask himself. It was like him and his group were covered in strong bitter wolf's bane and trouble was following their scent not giving them any chance to really recover. Was this what it was like in cities in general or was today they were very very unlucky?

    Looking over the group, Emiko, Cred and Arminas knew where the tannery was. Although Yorick was potentially a loose cannon splitting up wasn't a good idea either; Although he couldn't rule it off because he didn't know Xiaolong as he had also risked his life to help someone he never met before, merely because he'd hope someone else was willing to do the same for him some day. And Jaio wasn't a bad sort as far as Sauel was concerned.

    In the end Yorick could refuse the orders, split away to follow Purusartha and it would be more trouble and more disorganization than letting him have his way. "I'll have to agree with Yorick. Splitting up is a bad idea, and we shouldn't leave anyone behind; pack-member or friend. He was reasonable last time, I'm betting he will be again."

    Looking to the four non-were's he motioned with his head. "Hurry back to the safehouse, we shouldn't be long."

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Burrai, Elloral

    Quote Originally Posted by Burrai
    listens to the conversation with only half an ear. Despite the apparently safe surroundings, he's not such a fool to let his attention drift completely to the conversation at hand. The ripping snores of Rol's partner, Gilbur, are loud in the otherwise quiet night. But between them, Burrai searches for the sounds of stealthy feet, daggers being drawn, the distant howl of wild hounds gathering in the distance....

    ...that is until the mention of Skull mountain. Tonight agents from the black network come down to harry him from his home, and now a traveler from there bids the to join his fire. He asses Rol again, but sees only a dwarf keeping watch by a fire. And besides, who would be so artless to drop a name like Skull mountain were he planning something malevolent. Burrai narrows his eyes, his left turned into a single dark tunnel by his ugly scars, as though it were just a hole bored into his skull. Rol glances at Burrai, sees the dark thoughts turning, and stiffens, taken aback.

    ~King Erver ill.... a traveler moving clear of the shadow of the Black Network's Fortress. Those same agents abroad looking for a book inked with evil. A simple craftsman setting a watch in the shade of town walls. There's more afoot here than I know, and it seems to all stem from the same place~

    "Perhaps Rol, you can help us with a few things? Elloral here might not want to speak of politics, per say, but certain events might be of interest to us anyway. You say you lived near to Skull Mountain, and at the moment, news of anything.....worrying from there would be valuable to us."

    "Anything unusual like unsettling rumors and strange occurrences... that sort of thing. I'd be happy to pay for such news with a little coin, and if its relevant to us I will share some of our own story with you. If I'm right, our words may serve you just as well.
    "

    Burrai leans back, clearly placing his hands away from his axe - a typical Dwarven gesture: Speak freely, I will take no offence.

    [Burrai will watch Rol carefully as he answers, trying to figure out from his body language whether he's holding back information, or if he's hiding his true feelings when he answers. Sense Motive Check: 8]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rol
    {Raises his brows and shifts his weight nervously in his chair feeling the threat of Burrai's stare} "Unsettling rumors from Skull Mountain? Are there any other kind?" He asks rhetorically with a hint of dark humor. "Keep your coin friend, I do well enough already, but I'll be happy to share what I know..."

    "My home town, Andar, lies in the hills west of Ayuthaya, close to Skull Mountain. I grew up hearing all the stories, most of which kept me up at night as a boy..."
    {sighs} "My grandfather was a friend of the mountain dwarves. He spoke fondly of the Dwarven Kingdom of Whurgythmora so I know many of its legends."

    "When Torgrimm IronAxe tried to reclaim the mountain, my grandfather joined his army and convinced several others from our clan to do the same. Unfortunately my grandfather was the only one who returned, and I'm sad to say he was the last of my clan to fight alongside the mountain dwarves. That terrible battle haunted him to the last of his days..."


    {clears his throat} "But I digress... we were talking about Skull Mountain. Yes there are many terrible rumors about that place. My town knows it's evil better then most. Several times a year something from Skull Mountains attacks us. Usually its goblinoids, but worse things have appeared. Once I even witnessed an attack by a pair of young Hill Giants. They collapsed a few buildings and killed two dozen townsfolk before we managed to chase them off."

    "Scary thing is I'm sure those giants aren't even the strongest monsters that lurk on Skull Mountain. Frankly I'm amazed our town hasn't been destroyed. Other towns near to Skull Mountain have fallen, but Andar remains relatively untouched. My clan credits our warriors but I believe in another explanation..."


    Rol pauses, glancing over his shoulder at Gilburs tent still rumbling with his snores.

    -asks in a softer voice- "...have you heard of the Black Network?"
    [Burrai: Your sense motive check isn't good enough to really determine if Rol is holding back or hiding anything. Make a Listen check]

    Burrai:
    (Listen Check: = 16)
    Elloral:
    (Listen Check: = 18)
    Rol: (Listen Check: = 21)

    Both of you notice a sudden pause in Gilbur's snoring as soon as Rol utters those last few words. Rol notices it too and frowns, quickly lifting a finger to his lips.

    Moments later you hear movement from within Gilburs tent before a bearded head suddenly stuffs itself through the tent flaps, red-eyed and very irritable. Gilbur appears to be younger then Rol with a thick black beard and hair. When he speaks t
    hree of his teeth appear to be capped in gold.

    Gilbur: "Is this how you keep watch Rol by Inviting strangers into camp while I sleep?!"

    Rol: {Huffs} "We're outside the town gates, we're in no danger."

    Gilbur: "I am in danger of loosing my temper if I don't get some rest! I need to sleep off that bitter black ale or I'll feel Moradins hammer banging against my skull all day tomorrow!"

    Rol: "Well that's what you get for drinking with Half Orcs... It's common knowledge their brewing skills leave much to be desired."

    Gilbur: {Scoffs} "I wasn't drinking with them because I enjoyed it! It was just business... I got them to buy four crossbows with forty bolts a-piece, which is a lot more then you sold in days!"

    Rol: {Shrugs} "...Great... so are you going back to sleep or not? I was in the middle of an intriguing conversation, but we will do our best to keep our voices down."

    Gilbur: {Rolls his eyes} "Intriguing conversation you say? Do you know these strangers?"

    Rol: {Shakes his head slowly} "We've just met."

    Gilbur: {Groans} "Then by Moradins beard what is so damn intriguing?! Are they warning us about a huge warparty of Gnolls about to attack?! Is Cabarda overrun with zombies?! Please tell me what news they bring that matters more to you then me getting a good nights rest? Or should I let YOU do the negotiating tomorrow and let our goods sell for less then goblin shit?"

    [Burrai: What do you do?]





    Last edited by Narayan; 06-30-2014 at 04:33 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    gravesend
    Age
    38
    Posts
    49
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Burrai Steelborn

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilbur View Post
    {Groans} "Then by Moradins beard what is so damn intriguing?! Are they warning us about a huge warparty of Gnolls about to attack?! Is Cabarda overrun with zombies?! Please tell me what news they bring that matters more to you then me getting a good nights rest? Or should I let YOU do the negotiating tomorrow and let our goods sell for less then goblin shit?"
    The night feels close. The firelight throws up a glow of deep red light around Burrai, making the darkness outside feel thicker. More substantial. One corner of the journal, tucked in Elloral's pouch, presses against a tiny crack in his armour and dimples his skin. Burrai knows it's imagination, but it feels hot anyway. Like one tiny scrap of his skin has a burning fever. It's a reflection of his growing annoyance.

    Deliberately, so neither of the dwarven traders could miss it, he slides his axe out from under his crossed legs. His steel boots scrape against the heavy blade, rasping the way a slowly drawn sword hisses from a scabbard. Rol and Gilbur turn to look. Burrai places his axe before him, inches from his toes. No Dwarf would miss the gesture, and certainly not merchants: negotiations are over, and here is my final offer.

    "Now I don't know if you two are Bragargh's {translation: Dwarven Satirical Performers} come fresh from Erver's court, or just 100 carat fools. But you are both going to shut up and listen." Burrai leans forward. The fire paints his face in ripples of deep amber. Shadows fill his scar like ink, pool in his nearly blinded left eye. His words are quiet, careful, like the rumble of a cliff about to shed scree onto a village. Silence gathers and for a moment only the popping, crackling fire dares speak. "Good. Gilbur, Rol - this is what's going to happen.

    "Rol. You are going to finish what you were saying. Gilbur, you are going to pay attention and think - think very hard mind - and then add anything you believe relevant. That is your half of the trade. In turn, I am going to give you one of two things. It'll either be a little peace of mind, that nothing of note is happening. You can then return to your blankets, sleep off your ale, safe in the knowledge that you're going to wake in the morning."

    Burrai taps one gauntleted finger against his axe blade, two sharp notes ring out. "On the other hand, it might be a little information. Something that maybe, just maybe, will keep your thick skulls attached to your necks. Now I don't know which it's going to be until after you have told me what I know. The alternative is that I get up, walk away, and you two contemplate a very serious decision all night. Because you won't sleep. In fact I'll warrant you'll start planning to move before dawn. The problem is, you won't know whether you're running into trouble, away from trouble, or even if there's any trouble out there at all. And only I can answer that."

    Burrai clasps his heavy hands together, and rests his chin on the knot of his fingers. "A fair trade: information for information. Or no trade at all." He smiles. Limned in firelight, it isn't very pleasant.

    "So make your choice."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauel View Post
    "I'll have to agree with Yorick. Splitting up is a bad idea, and we shouldn't leave anyone behind; pack-member or friend. He was reasonable last time, I'm betting he will be again."

    Looking to the four non-were's he motioned with his head. "Hurry back to the safehouse, we shouldn't be long."
    {Emiko scowls at Sauel and moves to follow with Purusartha as well.} "You just said splitting up is a bad idea... I will go too. Whatever needs to be done can be done faster with help." She says to Sauel.

    ~Sauel would help the old man even though he barely knows him. Maybe he is not as bad as I thought...Maybe he can be trusted...~

    (Fate Pool: 20D20 => 209.)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Post Sauel

    Frowning Sauel looks to Emiko. "You aren't a lycan. If we have to drag him back kicking and screaming and you get injured then you WILL get in the way and it WILL go slower. Go back to the safehouse Emiko... please?"

    Another reason Sauel really didn't want Emiko was her offensive fire skills; Even with the coming sunrise it was best not to use them with the Vul always overhead. The natural skills the three werewolfs had would be enough to stay out of view, track down, and retrieve Xaio to bring him back; Plus Purusartha's knowledge of the city would come in handy if they couldn't return shortly.

    Sauel could see he wasn't convincing Emiko; It was time to be blunt. "Emiko... DON'T come with us. You're abilities are too flashy, too much a sore thumb and stand out while it is still dark out. You will only get in the way. So long as we aren't assaulted by another dragon, I'm sure three weres is more than enough to handle what's out there to get Xaio back safely."
    Last edited by rtcvb32; 07-02-2014 at 12:39 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Burrai, Elloral

    Rol and Gilbur look at each other in mild alarm reacting to Burrai's threat but Elloral tries to assuage their concern.

    Elloral: "Sirs please be patient with us! My friend Burrai just lost his home because evil things were stalking us in these hills earlier. We are both tired and on edge, we need answers and we'd be grateful for your help!"

    Gilbur: {Spits upon the ground} "I heard what sort of answers you seek! What you speak of is a dangerous subject!" {Looks to Burrai} "You think you scare me? Hah! ...They scare me... they may be watching you even now... which means me and my idiot partner Rol would take a big risk to aid or speak with you whatsoever."

    Rol: "Gilbur! Show a little backbone. They are clearly desperate, how can you refuse them information? Elloral is a cleric of Valkauna for goodness sake! Her temple has likely presided over birthdays and funerals for many of your friends and loved ones. Would you spit in her eye and invite the ire of the gods!"

    Gilbur: "That's just silly superstition! They could be out there in the dark! Better to fear the enemy we know. Besides, I doubt he..." {gestures to Burrai} "...will live long enough to stalk us if they are already stalking him. For certain he's not going to murder us here and now in cold blood around so many witnesses! Send them away Rol!"

    [Burrai:
    What do you do?]






    Last edited by Narayan; 07-02-2014 at 04:12 AM.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •