Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
First P&PG Mini Convention is hosted in the Chat Room!
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: First P&PG Mini Convention is hosted in the Chat Room!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

First P&PG Mini Convention is hosted in the Chat Room!

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    We proudly present the first on site P&PG Mini Convention. On August 16th for the entire day veteran DMs will be hosting one game shots for you! We will have many games available for you to enjoy in the chat room that has voice and a dice roller to use. Your support in coming in for a few hours is highly appreciated.

How does it work?
    DMs will be waiting in the chat room to gather a group of players to enjoy a game of choice in separate rooms. You will be guided every step of the way so you will feel welcomed and know how to proceed without hesitation.

What games will be available?

To name a few….
    A Champions Super Adventures by pruttm
    CROSS by pruttm – a modern espionage game
    Call of Cthulu by Lazarus – a horror game
    Serenity by Lazarus – a scifi game based on the Firefly series
    Skyrim by DMMike – a fantasy game based on a best selling pc game.
    Monsterhearts by Geekecceltric – an upcoming hit game on young teenage monsters
    Darkness Ends by Morashitar – a play by action medieval fantasy game.
    Feng Shui by jpatterson - a modern day martial arts game
    Eons by Soft Serve - a high fantasy homebrew
    BESM by ak47 - an (animation pnp system) 3rd Edition Point Buy Game

Upcoming game possibilities

Dungeons & Dragons
    Pathfinder
    Dungeon Crawl Classics

What is a one shot game?
    One shot games can be played by a group and have an ending story on that day. Some of the DMs will have pre-made character sheets to choose from while others have easy instructions on building a character at that moment.

Also possible celebrity appearances may appear on this day such as….

Simon Washbourne from Beyond Belief Games – Barbarians of Lemuria, Crimsons Blade
    Timothy Brown – Author of Dragon King
    Matt James – Award Winning Game Designer – Red Aegis

There will also be prize give away possibilities for the best roleplayer of the day! So come in on August 16th and have a great time at the first P&PG Mini Convention! Your support is much appreciated!

Post on this thread your support and let us know if you will make it!
    Last edited by Morashitar; 06-27-2014 at 01:15 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks Good!!! I will be there at some point! And I will do my best to get Timothy Brown on-board!

http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...951#post191951
    A Rope IS too a weapon. Be Sneaky!
    I would ask a penny for my thoughts, but.... I don't have change...

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't plan that far ahead because I don't know what my situation will be, but if I can, I will be there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome initiative!
    Matt James
    Lead Developer, Vorpal Games
    Follow me on Twitter

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great! Hopefully we can get a bang on this day. Perhaps an email blast to all the members would be a great start. I know a few of us will be posting on other sites as others will be giving out flyers. I will be handing out flyers at the Supercon convention here in Miami Beach on the 4th of July and another member is setting up TopDungeons at a GenCon convention and will be handing out flyers also. If everyone works together we can make the first online P&PG mini convention special.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What about door prizes/game winner prizes from sponsors? There was a considerable list of generous souls for the 2014 One Page Dungeon Contest.
    Powered by: Modos RPG, version 1.30
    http://modos-rpg.obsidianportal.com/

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DMMike View Post
    What about door prizes/game winner prizes from sponsors? There was a considerable list of generous souls for the 2014 One Page Dungeon Contest.

It would be nice if something along the lines would be organized. Perhaps you have some PR skills to make it happen Mike?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually have zero PR skills. But I can send an email with the best of 'em. I highly recommend looking for someone experienced in fundraising. Or, as the case is, prizeraising.

And you'll be happy to know that my adventure, "Return to Volskygge," already has traps, riddles, monsters, maps, and treasure. Working on pre-generated characters. And some surprises.