Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Hi & Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi & Thanks

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I just found out about this forum. It's funny because we've both been around since the days of yore, but I never heard of the forum until yesterday. So I thought I'd swing by and check it out.

I've been Gamesmastering my homebrew world of Elthos since 1978. It's gone through one major revision in 2006 in which I distilled my system down to an experimental Mini-System called Elthos ODS RPG (One Die System), that uses 1 six-sided die. Yup. I know. You're thinking "HFS! Is this guy crazy or what? One Die System?! Ha ha!" ... yup. I understand completely. It's an experiment in low numbers math for RPGs, and while I also have some reservations about some aspects of the probability curves, I've been GMing it in Test Mode since 2008 and have played hundreds of games with it. All I can say is that despite it's pension to make things a little more dangerous for the Characters (stark realities hit hard), and forces everyone to play tactically-smart, it's turned out to be my favorite version of the Elthos Rules after all. I guess because it's simply easier to run a low-numbers game, and from a GMing point of view, every brain cell I can save for the creative aspects the better.

My system has a 32 page rules book (half of which is GMing advice, and blank character sheets, etc), so the rules are compact and easy to learn. It also features a marvelous web application that supports the rules, and provides the Players and the GMs who use it an amazing array of features to support the game, divided up into two basic sections: World Weaver's Studio and the Gamesmaster's Toolbox. It's a comprehensive system. And fortunately, it also seems like it's a very good sibling site to VTT systems such as Roll20, which I'm experimenting with in conjunction with Elthos as well.

So, all that said, I'm looking around for some open minded and courageous Beta Testers. Both Players and GMs are welcome. If you're interested please let me know, and I'll be happy to add you to the Beta Tester's list.

And lastly, thanks for being here! I've heard awesome things about Pencil & Paper Games, and I'm delighted to have finally found this site!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome!
    Matt James
    Lead Developer, Vorpal Games
    Follow me on Twitter

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome sir and I think you will get a great group of beta players in no time at this site.

Soft Serve is offline Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and welcome. If you ever run a game in the chat, I'll be glad to test for you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Hi - thank you all for your warm welcomes! Much appreciated.

Is there any particular way I should go about seeking play testers and scheduling games on the site that you all recommend? I'm available for play tests during this upcoming week. Thanks again!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi vbwyrde!

I am not sure how you feel about this, but perhaps if you had the game setup on this site you will get a few players faster to try it out. The administration is awesome here and are willing to work with you if you like.

It is just an idea.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One die?! HFS! Welcome.

I'll bite. When's your playtest? If the rulebook is only 32 pages long, it must be quick to learn.