Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hi!
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Hi!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi!

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hello! I'm Sent (or just Peter). I'm Hungarian, I live in Budapest. I've been roleplaying for years now, but only recently thought to try and see how things on forums such as this. Although I do suspect most of the ppl here live in the US, so the most obvious choice would be trying a play-by-post game. If there's an open place for that somewhere then I suppose I could have a go at that.
    If there are actually people within 1-2 time zones of gmt+1, then sure thats nice too. If there are players for that but no gm, then I could even try gm smt i suppose (savage worlds, dnd, pathfinder, aoisaf, dark heresy or maybe some other warammer).
    So, first curious to see first-hand how a play-by-post goes.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there and welcome to the site! There are a solid core of people from non-US locations here, like England, Finland, Norway and I recall at least one in the middle-east but I can't remember where offhand, and even with such different timezones, even live chat games CAN work. I run a game for mostly all Americans (usually in roll20 or the chat here but it is down at the moment) but I have one player from Finland (though he doesn't get to bed until 5 am his time when my game ends), and he also plays in one of my other players' games at a regular hour because that players runs his in the morning.

I'd suggest looking through the posts in the forums as well as trying the Looking for Players/Groups feature of the site, and you can also always make your own, to be a player or GM, and see who all responds. Feel free to post and ask questions too in this thread or others, and hopefully someone will be able to give you some helpful answers. The worst that happens is little or no response, but that's the internet for you anyway huh?

Play by post is a good start, especially when still feeling out your time-zone issue and options for play. I've run and been in some play by posts, and there are ups and downs, and different ways of doing them work for different people. What kind of RPGs have you played or are you familiar with or do you prefer, and what style of play, or what is important or most fun to you, in a game? That will help you and other people get an idea on how best you could be part of a game. That and knowing when and what times you'll be available on what days, and if it will be consistent, or every other week, etc.

Good luck!
    Last edited by jpatterson; 05-20-2014 at 01:49 PM.
    Abstruse Decapod

"Why aren't i just be able to write adventures that don't require crap like an Amish rpg?" -myself

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the friendly welcome!
    Yeah, after a bit of poking around realised there Are people like that, so that was a little hasty statement from me. It's also the time for me when I don't think I'll manage to keep my scheludes consistent so that's one more reason to delay looking for live groups for now. :/
    Anyway yes It seems I'll be looking through things first just subtly, and maybe even make my own use of those features indeed a bit later....

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For people with less consistent schedules, I agree with you that time-flexible gaming options like play-by-post are a very good place to start. There is another poster on here, Morashitar, who recently posted about a game he's running, I think on his own site, if you haven't found it. He's had experience running those types of games for years and has been a regular member here on PPG also for years, though I personally haven't been in his games. His current one seems to be a bit different than normal play-by-posts but it might be something you can get into - never hurts to check it out.

http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...you-will-enjoy
    Abstruse Decapod

"Why aren't i just be able to write adventures that don't require crap like an Amish rpg?" -myself

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I've looked into that as well. Sadly that campaign only starts in september, which is a quite long wait for it.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's too bad. There are other sites also that focus more on play by post, for that specific need. I will link you to a post I made quite a while back but I think most of the links are still relevant, to other sites that you might find useful (ignore the stuff about the chatroom etc).

http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...ers?highlight=
    Abstruse Decapod

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    welcome.

i currently run and play in some pbp here on the forums. if you have curiosity questions, i'll be happy to do my best to answer.

be sure to check out the game finder as well.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Once again thanks for the help. I'm on looking into it at all, just the past days have been especially busy, bear with my slowpokeness

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    we are very patient. or was that....
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive