Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Chat Room
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chat Room

Downloads
    Uploads

Chat Room

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Is the chat room down?
    Push from the Left - Shove from the Right

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopefully Farcaster or one of the moderators can get the chat room to work again. In the meantime, if anyone needs a temporary chat room to hang out in then just click on the following link - http://www.playbyaction.com/chat . It is by far nothing compared to the pen and paper site chat room, but it is a short term solution for anyone that needs a chat room temporarily.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PPG Chat went down I think around Wed or so. It has done it before, and just popped back up without anyone doing anything (so it was probably due to the server's networking protocol at that time and not PPG), so I expected it to do that, but it looks like PPG's chat parser needs restarted or something, which only the administrator Farcaster can do from his authority level. I emailed him but it has been the weekend and I believe he was off at college or something so we'll hope he'll check his email or the site now the weekend is over. Sorry for the inconvenience to everyone, and thanks to Mora for his invitation also, very kind. -JP
    Abstruse Decapod

"Why aren't i just be able to write adventures that don't require crap like an Amish rpg?" -myself

Soft Serve is offline Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Was about to post in the suggestion area that someone fix the chatroom to be a smart ass. But there's already a thread about it.

Not that these see a lot of attention...

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Farcaster has had a number of projects and other obligations of late that have been monopolizing his time, but he has always been an attentive and active administrator and site owner when he has had the time, getting member feedback, implementing changes, adding features, etc. that have been posted in the feedback section, and even when mentioned in chat. Let's hope he's able to take care of some of his most pressing duties and other parts of his life smooth out for him so he can return soon!
    Abstruse Decapod

"Why aren't i just be able to write adventures that don't require crap like an Amish rpg?" -myself

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not trying to call him out. I'm saying the forums aren't exactly vibrant with life. I know he's busy, and he does what he can with what he has.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually here is a better temporary chat room for those that want to chat until Farcaster can fix his - http://blessedmachine.com. Have fun guys!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Two different alternate chats and even an endorsement by one of the submitters for the other. Now THAT is community spirit, everyone, and I'd like to thank, as much as I'm able from my semi-staff status here on PPG, both Morashitar and Pruttm for their invitation and desire to provide an alternate live forum for the community here that they know enjoys and makes use of chat for various reasons! =)

I've logged in, though too late to see anybody (curse my sleeping schedule) and that chat at BlessedMachine looks cool and I see a lot of PPG names there, so there is definitely a solid core of the members that are deciding to check it out! You can use your Facebook or Twitter login or sign up at Chatroll, which is what the BlessedMachine chat uses for its room (I chose the latter).

I have set up an IRC chatroom hosted on PPG member Lazarus' site, as an alternate with easy to follow instructions - everything is on this page:

http://peracles-rpg.com/guest/jp/chat/ppg_alt/
    Last edited by jpatterson; 05-14-2014 at 09:22 PM.
    Abstruse Decapod

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for notifying Farcaster concerning the loss of Chat functionality at this site, JPatterson. Have you received a response yet, and if so, is there an estimate as to when this issue may be resolved?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Umiushi View Post
    Thank you for notifying Farcaster concerning the loss of Chat functionality at this site, JPatterson. Have you received a response yet, and if so, is there an estimate as to when this issue may be resolved?
    Considering his last activity was over a month ago according to his profile, I'd wager he's got no response yet. Unless he went with e-mail.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have sent Farcaster a contact mentioning the chat to every email or other PM I've been able to find here or elsewhere, so when he is able to reply, I am confident he will be informed of the goings-on here, and will reply or fix things, when he is able. That's about all I can say with any certainty.
    Abstruse Decapod

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the update concerning your coverage. Hopefully chat will be restored in the near future.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    10 years later! ha ha

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well not a single soul visited my chat room! It must be that bad to look at! ha ha!

I do wonder where everyone is hanging out at, as I did visit both jpats/Laz's chat room and Pete's chat room. Nothing either, unless I come on at unusual times as usual!

Anyway someone with big PR skills should get us all to meet somewhere.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Morashitar View Post
    Well not a single soul visited my chat room! It must be that bad to look at! ha ha!

I do wonder where everyone is hanging out at, as I did visit both jpats/Laz's chat room and Pete's chat room. Nothing either, unless I come on at unusual times as usual!

Anyway someone with big PR skills should get us all to meet somewhere.
    I've been on vacation. But I have been thinking of chatzy which is just a basic chat room maker where you can invite whomever or just post the link somewhere and let people come. If someone wanted to make one they could. (I would, but vacation, and I think I'm with Mora on the "Unusual Time" problem.)

It's got basic dice rolling and such. I've used it to host some simple RPGs before. Not a bad place to hang out. A little slow sometimes, but nothing is ever perfect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast