Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Part 1: Act 3: Scene 1 - Page 3
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 150

Thread: Part 1: Act 3: Scene 1

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Kromedon, Zhānrén

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemile View Post

    Kromedon continues to drink the Baiju slowly, he's in no rush to get drunk, there's still some thinking left in the day. "I guess that explains their behavior, not that it necessarily excuses it. The city must still need to operate, there must be people who can travel from one side to the other, mustn’t there? Deliveries, servants, waste management etc. I just need to get to the other side of the city, how long do you think it will be until that becomes feasible, assuming some moderate risk is acceptable?"
    Zhānrén: {Chuckles} "It is true what you say. Whomever serves Baron Zomok, the ruler of this city, has the right to go about their business despite an alarm raised by the Vulkyrie. But those people wouldn't be likely to risk their neck helping you for a few extra coin. Betraying the Baron is just as damning as breaking the laws of Vulkh."

    "...However..." She adds with a conspiritorial smirk "There are ways around the city beneath the streets. The dwarves who built Masaeus also did a marvelous job with the sewers. It's tunnels are as straight and sturdy as anything they built above ground. There is even an elaborate system of valves and gates used to periodically flush them out with river water to cleans them of waste and vermin."

    "Smugglers have been using the sewers for centuries to stay out of sight from the Vulkyrie. I've used them myself once or twice, but on most days it is actually safer to keep to the streets because the sewers are full of wererats! That is to be expected of course, considering how the sewers are just between us and the domain of King Kyser, lord of the undercity."

    "Unfortunately, King Kyser doesn't care so much what happens in the sewers. He only bothers to protect visitors to the undercity who come through the main gates down into the mines. Thus, the sewers may well be the most lawless place in Masaeus. Enter at your own risk!"


    "Of course if it's that important to you, I might be persuaded to introduce you to a smuggler I know that could get you across the city that way. It won't be cheap though, the wererats charge a hefty toll for the privilege, and there's no guarantee they won't rob and murder you regardless of how much you give them." {Chuckles}


  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    47
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Kromedon Broadbeard
    Kromedon does not answer right away, leaning back against the wall and stroking his long beard, clearly considering his options. "I've seen how dangerous it is up here, I can't imagine the were rats are more dangerous than the Vulkh. Far be it from me to pass up the option of underground tunnels when it presents itself. I only have a little bit of gold left after my long journey, hopefully it will be enough. How much do you think the smuggler then the were rats will charge for one traveler?"

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Burrai, Elloral

    __________________________________________________ ________

    <Start of Round 5>


    • Bleeding Damage ( * )
    • Fire Damage ( # )
    • Cold Damage ( @ )
    • Spell Damage ( ^ )
    • Poison Damage ( ! )


    The order of initiative is:

    (X) Fiendish Hound 1 (-37)(Dead)
    (X) Fiendish Hound 3 (-8)(-8)(-1*)(-1*)(-12)(Incapacitated)(-1*)
    (20) Hobgoblin (-13^)
    (18) Elloral (-7)(-9)(!)
    (18) Celestial Lion (-4)(-1)
    (X) Fiendish Hound 2 (-7)(-10)(-4)(-9)(Incapacitated)
    (X) Fiendish Hound 4 (-8)(-1*)(-14)(-1*)(Incapacitated)(-1*)
    (04) Burrai
    __________________________________________________ ________

    Your quick dispatch of Fiendish Hound 2 seems to have changed the Hobgoblins perspective of the battle. He turns and runs into the darkness.

    Hobgoblin: (Run x4)

    Elloral: (Holds Action)

    Celestial Lion: {Focuses it's attention on mauling Fiendish Hound 2}

    1. (First Claw Attack: = 15, Hit)(Location: Right Front Paw)(Damage: = 7)
    2. (Second Claw Attack: = 15, Hit)(Location: Ribs)(Damage: = 10)(Rake Damage: = 4)
    3. (Bite Attack: = 23, Possible Critical)(Critical Check: Not a Critical)(Location: Left Foreleg)(Damage: = 9)


    The Celestial Lion quickly incapacitates Fiendish Hound 2

    [Burrai: It is your turn, what do you do?]

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Main Group

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauel
    "I think I'd prefer to sleep all of tomorrow and tomorrow night away, but I doubt I'll be that lucky. It's not a meeting I should miss out on."

    The last twenty four hours or so had felt like it lasted a few weeks, things constantly busy and changing and working. City life it seemed was a little more than he was prepared for, but like it or not he was here. "Don't worry Yorick, accidentally shifting happens all the time during the full moon, as long as you don't go out of your way to pick fights then anything that happens will probably be overlooked. As Purusartha says, most of them are farmers, carpenters, potters, bakers, and any other manner of civilians; They will probably recognize a seasoned warrior; I'll bet without trying you'll be giving off your aura like when we first met and everyone will steer twenty feet away from you like scared puppies; You'll stick out like a sore thumb". Sauel hoped he was being reassuring.
    Yorick: {Nods thoughtfully} "Ok, I will go if only to watch your back, but I make no promises I won't make a fool of us. I'm not sure I will fit in with werewolf society."

    Purusartha: {Huffs} "That's quite alright. I don't fit in either."


    Quote Originally Posted by Sauel
    Thinking about the first meeting reminded him... "While we're talking about it, the two of us (as visiting outsiders) should probably bring some gifts. A fresh kill can be offered but it's best if you get it from outside their territory. I don't think we want to lug a deer a few Miles; Meat from a Butcher is probably is okay. Jewelry and magical items are acceptable too, long as they are tasteful. Any recommendations Purusartha?"
    Purusartha: "That's a great idea Sauel. We should do our best to behave respectfully and make a good impression, especially since we'll be admitting we're responsible for all the trouble around the city since yesterday. A gift would help us demonstrate that the meeting is important to us. What do we have that holds that much value? If I had anything I think would do the trick, I'd be glad to offer it, but unfortunately I've lived a largely poor life..." {Pauses to think} "However I can think of one friend who might be willing to help us in this regard... his name is Saeed."

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Post Sauel

    Quote Originally Posted by Narayan View Post
    "If I had anything I think would do the trick, I'd be glad to offer it, but unfortunately I've lived a largely poor life... However I can think of one friend who might be willing to help us in this regard... his name is Saeed."
    "Saeed... The most we have to offer currently are recent spoils from fights; Hopefully he is willing to trade some time early tomorrow after we've had a few winks of sleep; Well before we leave the city."

    Thinking back most of the spoils was mundane equipment: Armor, weapons, a bow, poison, some money, etc. It was too bad Tix died, he had been useful for identifying things last time they had stuff to go over. Perhaps Sher' Reek the kobold sorceress could do the job, but Sauel had the impression she probably wouldn't lift a finger to help unless ordered by her new master Cred. Course he could always offer to pay her some token amount to help, but negotiating with her felt like it would be like pulling teeth.

    Sauel let his hand drift over Rabi in slow practiced pets, and thought over Yorick's reply. "If you feel like you'd rather skip the meeting, I'm sure I can manage by myself, I'm not about to start a fight while vastly outnumbered in foreign territory. I doubt I'd stay too long if I can get away from it; Getting on their good side and having them not attack me on sight is probably my largest goal... And maybe acquiring a few allies against the Vul, but since most of the pack aren't usually warriors, I wouldn't expect more than small a volunteer force. If Asher was still alive we might have a stronger case and backing for support. For now treat this like a thief's guild... Pay your dues, and don't bring bad attention to yourself, and never ever return it back to the pack."

    Pausing a thought occurred to Sauel. "Did you say mostly wererats were part of the thief's guild? Or do you know of any pack members that are part of it?" It brought back some memories of the thugs they fought earlier in the night preventing assassinations... Which made him frown now that he thought of it. "Also reminds me, were there any others who we had to prevent from being assassinated?" It was possible it was way too late to do any more regarding that, but it was some things to consider. Just when he thought things were cooling down only to realize things were still going on regardless if he was part of it, or not.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Xiaolong, Ziya

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiaolong
    looked over in amazement as Ziya approached him, he places a large grin across his face.

    "Hiya! feel like many year since see friend!" Xiaolong places his hands on Ziya's unburned shoulder and gives him a friendly shake "You look the tired, no sleep?"

    Xiaolong felt concerned for his companion who above all needed to rest his wounds, at this point the bartender turns his attention to Xiaolong not saying a word but giving the universal look of 'I can assist you'

    "Bartender, we take the house ale over here!"
    Xiaolong places his handful of coins Purusartha gave him on the bar as payment and tip.

    "Bless be the Ishvar, he take the care you, maybe watch the me too. We deal the blow very strong to the evil one." he lets out a serious look on his face. "Hopefully Kitesvara can forgive this old one for want the revenge but, they not people in my eye. Nothing more then the animal those one."

    While caught up in this more pleasant dialogue Xiaolong would periodically pause and listen to the crowd for any forewarning of immediate danger. If anything would threaten the group or Ziya, Xiaolong knew the resolve he would need to stand up to them.
    Ziya: "No, not people at all!" He agree's. "...They are monsters..." He mutters. "If you have hurt them I offer you my most heartfelt gratitude and congratulations my friend!"

    The bartender steps over with two cups of house ale and selects six of the copper pieces you placed on the bar as payment. The brew is not particularly good, yet still tastes delightfully intoxicating after so much exertion.

    Ziya: "Sadly, I am not feeling particularly reverent towards the gods just now. I don't know how to explain my friends horrible death's to their families? How can I face them when I am shamed to have survived when they did not?" He asks bitterly. "I feel unworthy to even ask, but please consider letting me help your group in your plans, whatever they might be? I need to be able to tell the families of the fallen that I am working to avenge the death's of their loved ones in a meaningful way. Otherwise, I fear I'll end up attacking the next one of those creatures I see as soon as I leave this place!"


  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Concord
    Posts
    95
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Post Xiaolong Shu

    Xiaolong takes a large gulp of his beer, the alcohol calming his nerves. He ponders on Ziya's feelings and places a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

    "No blame god for doing of evil, instead ask the god strength do good. Battle can speak loud, more clear then the word can, fight for OUR lost friend. Family will know what you try speak when you fight for what believe in." Xiaolong kept a serious look across his face as he reassured Ziya that he isn't alone in his loss.

    "You need call Blades of Ishvar, the monster intent hurting all us. Let us show strength of man." he took his hand off Ziya's shoulder and balled it into a fist. "First matter though, friend need us to keep them safe, if come I need you warn friend in cellar. I protect up here."

    He finishes his brew and grabs a silver piece in his hand. As the bartender comes to take the cup, Xiaolong shows the silver piece and points to the empty container... 'keep them coming' he gestured.

    The windows outside shown through very little light from what Xiaolong could see...

    ~The days in Sion are quite dark it seems~
    Last edited by Shun001; 05-21-2014 at 11:04 PM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Post Emiko

    Emiko tilts her head up to the ceiling closing her eyes, pretending like she isn't paying attention to the others. She is actually trying to listen closely to the conversation between Arminas and Palenrian. The dust from the room causes her to sneeze, so she attempts to have Kitsune listen in for her as well.

    (Emiko Listen Check: 1D20+4 => 5, Failed. Kitsune Comprehension Check: 1D20-1 => 17, Success. Kitsune Listen Check: 1D20+4 => 11, Failed.)

    ~Ugh this dust... I couldn't even hear them! You probably couldn't either, could you Kit? Ok stay quiet. I am going to try and listen in again.~

    Emiko leans to the side a bit towards the two talking, trying not to be noticed. Her eyes still closed, and head leaned back as if trying to rest.

    (Emiko Listen Check: 1D20+4 => 18, Success.)
    Last edited by Narayan; 05-21-2014 at 11:46 PM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Main Group

    Quote Originally Posted by Emiko
    Emiko leans to the side a bit towards the two talking, trying not to be noticed. Her eyes still closed, and head leaned back as if trying to rest.

    (Emiko Listen Check: 1D20+4 => 18, Success.)
    You're finally able to hear some of what they are saying after a minute.

    Arminas: -Hushed voice- "Right, but as I said, he was a slave so..."

    Palenrian:
    -Hushed voice- "A mere slave wouldn't be any different. Only a trusted servant, or warrior of the household could hold one of those. Someone they used to wage war or perform intrigue against their foes and rivals."

    Arminas:
    {Frowns.}
    -Hushed voice- "So you think he serves them still is what you're saying?"

    Palenrian doesn't have a chance to answer before Olo steps down from the storeroom back into the Cellar causing them both to hush-up.

    Olo: (Speaking to all) "I paid off the bartender and told him we will be leaving soon. Xiaolong is keeping watch up there so I will be taking my leave." He says.

    [Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Sauel: What do you do?]
    Last edited by Narayan; 05-22-2014 at 01:18 AM.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Xiaolong, Ziya

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiaolong
    takes a large gulp of his beer, the alcohol calming his nerves. He ponders on Ziya's feelings and places a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

    "No blame god for doing of evil, instead ask the god strength do good. Battle can speak loud, more clear then the word can, fight for OUR lost friend. Family will know what you try speak when you fight for what believe in." Xiaolong kept a serious look across his face as he reassured Ziya that he isn't alone in his loss.

    "You need call Blades of Ishvar, the monster intent hurting all us. Let us show strength of man." he took his hand off Ziya's shoulder and balled it into a fist. "First matter though, friend need us to keep them safe, if come I need you warn friend in cellar. I protect up here."

    He finishes his brew and grabs a silver piece in his hand. As the bartender comes to take the cup, Xiaolong shows the silver piece and points to the empty container... 'keep them coming' he gestured.

    The windows outside shown through very little light from what Xiaolong could see...

    ~The days in Sion are quite dark it seems~
    Ziya: "Yes of course. The Blades have to avenge their own, that is part of our oath! I am sure my brothers have already called an emergency meeting when we failed to report for duty this morning. ...Or were reported missing by our families..." He adds morosely. "I should go and tell them what I witnessed, but I wasn't sure what to say for your sake? If I am going to ask the Blades to join forces with you and your comrades, I need to know something to convince them it's worthwhile. What should I tell them Xiaolong?"
    Last edited by Narayan; 05-22-2014 at 11:04 PM.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    gravesend
    Age
    38
    Posts
    49
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Burrai Steelborn

    Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon Master View Post
    Your quick dispatch of Fiendish Hound 2 seems to have changed the Hobgoblins perspective of the battle. He turns and runs into the darkness.
    .......And with a soft growl from the lion beside hime fading like the last peal of thunder from a passing storm, the fight was done. Burrai turns and watches the Hobgoblin flee, knowing he couldn't catch him. Not in his armour. Silence gathers itself, broken only by the soft pats as drops of blood fall from his axe onto the dust.

    "Run!" Burrai hurls into the night. "Run until your lungs burn! Tell the world that Burrai Steelborn stood firm, and always will!" He walks upto the window, looks through at Elloral curled around her bloody hand. She blinks fast, the telltale signs of returning sight. "Are you, OK?" he asks softly.

    "Nothing that won't heal." she replies, squinting towards his voice. "The poison is fading. Though you're little more that a smudge right now."

    Burrai steps away. "I've got some bandages somewhere. Give me a moment." And he traipses towards the door. The Lion watches him, regal and blank, before settling on its haunches amongst the ruined corpses of the four hounds. ~They'll need burying.~ he thinks to himself. The Lion waits for its inevitable return to whatever ocean of arcane energy called it forth.

    The single arrow sticks out of the door perfectly straight. The paper wrapped around it a bright fluttering of white against the dark wood, accentuated by his dark vision. He'd forgotten about that. The arrow comes loose in Burrai's strong hands, and he carefully unrolls the message. Curiosity tickles the back of his neck, like unseen eyes in the night. He glances around one last time at the dark, but no one is there. No one he can see. The Lion licks its chops and lowers it vast, shaggy head onto folded paws.

    Burrai begins to read.....

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Kromedon, Zhānrén

    Quote Originally Posted by Kromedon

    Kromedon does not answer right away, leaning back against the wall and stroking his long beard, clearly considering his options. "I've seen how dangerous it is up here, I can't imagine the were rats are more dangerous than the Vulkh. Far be it from me to pass up the option of underground tunnels when it presents itself. I only have a little bit of gold left after my long journey, hopefully it will be enough. How much do you think the smuggler then the were rats will charge for one traveler?"
    Zhānrén: {Shrugs} "It depends, smugglers have their own ways of doing things. Some retain guards and refuse to move in small groups because it makes them vulnerable. The one I would introduce you too can't offer that sort of protection so their services are more affordable. I'd guess thirty gold would cover their fee for being your guide, with another twenty for the usual 'tolls'. Of course more may be required if the wrong wererats cross your path." {Finishes draining her cup and waits for you to refill it.} "How soon would you need this to happen?" She asks.



  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    47
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Kromedon Broadbeard
    Kromedon sets his glass on the table empty, done for now. "Those price ranges sound reasonable. I would like to get on with my journey so promptly would be preferred. As soon as is safely and reasonably possible. If you can take me to the smuggler now that would be perfect. If you need to go meet with him alone and come back here if he accepts, I understand the need for secrecy."

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon Master View Post
    You're finally able to hear some of what they are saying after a minute.

    Arminas: -Hushed voice- "Right, but as I said, he was a slave so..."

    Palenrian:
    -Hushed voice- "A mere slave wouldn't be any different. Only a trusted servant, or warrior of the household could hold one of those. Someone they used to wage war or perform intrigue against their foes and rivals."

    Arminas:
    {Frowns.}
    -Hushed voice- "So you think he serves them still is what you're saying?"

    Palenrian doesn't have a chance to answer before Olo steps down from the storeroom back into the Cellar causing them both to hush-up.

    Olo: (Speaking to all) "I paid off the bartender and told him we will be leaving soon. Xiaolong is keeping watch up there so I will be taking my leave." He says.

    [Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Sauel: What do you do?]
    ~The only former slaves I know of in our midst is Yorick and Olo... What object does this person hold... And who do they serve?~

    Emiko opens her eyes and looks at the others when she hears the noise of Olo returning. She notices Palenrian and Arminas quiet themselves quickly when Olo appears.

    ~Ah... So it is Olo then... These whispering games are childish... Let us get to the bottom of this shall we?~

    "Ask him, Palenrian..." She says nodding to Palenrian, insinuating that she heard their conversation. "It's the easiest way to find out..."

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Sauel

    (Ready to go at any time, pretty much waiting for the group to be ready...)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •