Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Part 1: Act 3: Scene 1 - Page 2
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 150

Thread: Part 1: Act 3: Scene 1

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Kromedon Broadbeard

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemile View Post
    Kromedon Broadbeard

    Kromedon doesn't appear to be surprised by either the lack of cups, or their ordering. He had been planning to drink alone after all, and the cups here are likely to be filthy as the name suggests. He busies himself with removing the wax and uncorking the jug while she orders the cups. This may be his first jug of Baiju, but wax and cork seals only come in so many styles and this is hardly his first. "I had surmised much of that, but it is nice to know that I'm not the only one who isn't entirely certain what to expect. I hate to drink with strangers, my name is Kromedon Broadbeard." having finished uncorking the jug, he holds out a hand in greeting to go with his name.
    Caishian Woman: Accepts your hand and grips it with surprising strength. Her skin is rougher then you might expect with hard knuckles and thick callouses. "I am Zhānrén Shānchéng (< click on name to hear it pronounced) pleased to meet you." She says waiting for you to fill the cups. "Shall we make a toast?" She asks with a hint of a grin. "Might as well enjoy ourselves while we're stuck here." She chuckles.
    Last edited by Narayan; 05-09-2014 at 06:22 PM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    47
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Kromedon Broadbeard
    Kromedon fills both cups to the three quarters mark, no sense filling to the brim and risking spilling some when you've got the whole bottle to work with. "It's a pleasure to meet you Zhānrén Shānchéng , I haven't met many people in this city and each one is wildly different from the last." he butchers her name with his thick dwarven accent, but clearly didn't mean to be rude by doing so. He slides one cup toward her, though his short arms don't quite cover half the table so she'll have to make up the rest. "I propose a toast to the winds of fate. May the keep our lives interesting for many years."

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Burrai, Elloral

    __________________________________________________ ________

    <Start of Round 4>


    • Bleeding Damage ( * )
    • Fire Damage ( # )
    • Cold Damage ( @ )
    • Spell Damage ( ^ )
    • Poison Damage ( ! )


    The order of initiative is:

    (21) Fiendish Hound 1
    (X) Fiendish Hound 3 (-8)(-8)(-1*)(-1*)(-12)(Incapacitated)
    (20) Hobgoblin (-13^)
    (18) Elloral (-7)(-9)(!)
    (18) Celestial Lion (-4)(-1)
    (14) Fiendish Hound 2
    (X) Fiendish Hound 4 (-8)(-1*)(-14)(-1*)(Incapacitated)
    (04) Burrai
    __________________________________________________ ________

    Quote Originally Posted by Burrai
    (Attack Roll vs Fiendish Hound 4 (+6): 25 = Hit][Location Roll: 3 = Right Arm][Damage Roll (1d10+5): 14)

    ........and buries it deep into the hound's legs, opening a rent in the fur. Blood pools in the dirt, thick and black to his darkvision like night itself was seeping out of the earth.

    The hound collapses to the ground, near death and unconscious!

    Fiendish Hound 1: (Bite Attack at Burrai: = 24, Hit)(Location: Ribs)(Damage: = 9)

    A hound see's an opening in Burrai's armor fastened around his ribs and lunges. His fangs tear through the leather straps and sink into his flesh!

    Fiendish Hound 3: (Opposed Grapple Check to escape Celestial Lions clamped jaws: = 15, Fail)

    Celestial Lion: (Opposed Grapple Check to maintain clamped jaws on Fiendish Hound 3: = 30, Win)

    HobGoblin: (Fires Arrow at Elloral, -4 from cover: = 15, Hit)(Location: Chest)(Damage: = 9)

    The Hobgoblin fires another arrow at Elloral, with some difficulty as she is still behind the cover of the small window, but his aim is true. The shaft pierces her armor above her left breast, causing her to cry out in terrible pain. What's worse, she feel's the effects of a terrible poison immediately afterwards!

    Elloral: (Fortitude Save vs. Poison, DC 22: = 12, Fail) Suddenly Elloral starts shouting. "BURRAI! I'M HIT! I'VE BEEN POISONED I'VE GONE BLIND!" (Steps away from the window and holds action)

    Celestial Lion:
    (Deals auto damage with Bite Attack)(Location: Throat)(Damage: = 12)

    Meanwhile, the Celestial Lion deals automatic damage to Fiendish Hound 3 with his bite attack, crushing its throat! The hound goes limp, and the Lion drops it to the ground in a bloody mess. It now has to contend with Fiendish Hound 2 biting it's right foreleg!

    Fiendish Hound 2: (Deals auto damage with bite attack)(Location: Right Foreleg)(Damage: = 6 -5 DR)

    Fiendish Hound 2 continues to bite at the lions foreleg, but cannot deal significant damage to overcome most of the celestial lions damage reduction.

    [Burrai: It is your turn, what do you do?]
    Last edited by Narayan; 05-13-2014 at 07:42 PM.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Kromedon, Zhānrén

    Quote Originally Posted by Zemile View Post
    Kromedon Broadbeard
    Kromedon fills both cups to the three quarters mark, no sense filling to the brim and risking spilling some when you've got the whole bottle to work with. "It's a pleasure to meet you Zhānrén Shānchéng , I haven't met many people in this city and each one is wildly different from the last." he butchers her name with his thick dwarven accent, but clearly didn't mean to be rude by doing so. He slides one cup toward her, though his short arms don't quite cover half the table so she'll have to make up the rest. "I propose a toast to the winds of fate. May they keep our lives interesting for many years."
    Zhānrén: "May they indeed!" She smiles raising her cup before you both drink.

    [Baiju is a clear drink fermented from grains, most similar to Vodka in strength and mouth-feel. It is 120 proof and tastes of strong alcoholic undertones. Not the best-tasting drink by any means, but certainly potent.]

    Zhānrén:
    appears to take deep swallows of the Baiju without complaint or grimace. She's clearly familiar with it. "Not what you're used too Dwarf?" She asks watching your reaction closely with some amusement. "In Caishia, Baiju is kept in everyone's home. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Caishian's typically drink as much as your race does? It is a cultural pastime for us to share strong drink with friends and relatives, but in truth a great many indulge in the habit regardless of occasion. My mother was one such drunk!" She smirks.

    [Kromedon: What do you do?]

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    {Emiko sits silently up against the wall, still waiting to see what comes next. She begins to trail off into memories once again due to lack of sleep.}

    ~(Memories of her life before the accident flood her mind.) How can you watch while he beats me, Mother? I should of burned him to death then, and made her watch... "No, please don't say things like that..." What?!~

    {Emiko looks down in surprise at Kitsune as she whimpers at her. She feels something strange come over her.}

    ~(Memories from Kitsune's life before Emiko begin to flood Emiko's mind now. Visions of hunting in the snow fade into memories of Emiko caring for Kitsune as if she were her child. Feelings of warmth and love fill Emiko's mind.) "You see, it is not all bad things..." Kitsune speaks to her. (More memories of Kitsune chittering and making noises at Emiko come back and Emiko starts to understand Kit's 'language' in this new enlightenment she is beginning to feel.)~

    Emiko finally speaks, making strange quiet chattering fox-like sounds at Kit. -Speaking Familiar's Language- "Why could I not understand you before?"

    Kitsune hops back out of Emiko's lap in a sort of happy playful stance, and chatters back in response to Emiko. -Speaking Familiar's Language- "You are stronger now. I am so happy you can understand me better! Maybe this means you will listen to my advice more?" Kitsune tilts her head at Emiko in a questioning manner.

    Emiko smirks slightly, still too stressed and mournful to laugh. -Speaking Familiar's Language- "Maybe... Come sit with me. We need to conserve our energy, just in case..."

    {Kitsune climbs back into Emiko's lap to sit and rest, while they wait to see how they're going to make it back to Wrusk's Tannery.}

    (Emiko has reached level 5, so she has the ability "speak with master" now between her familiar and herself. They can speak a secret language to each other now that can only be understood by others by magical means. When they speak to each other you will hear it sounding something similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7tThIC42xQ )

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    47
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Kromedon Broadbeard
    Kromedon, like all dwarves, is accustomed to liquor. 120 Proof is strong by any measure, but it is not any stronger than the usual strong dwarven drink. The taste of alcohol is not what causes Kromedon's nose to flinch ever so slightly, nor is it the strength of the drink. Kromedon is accustomed to alcohols of similar strength that actually taste good. Intellectually he is not surprised at the relative quality, but his mouth and nose still take that half a moment to adjust which Zhānrén picked up on.


    "I think I believe you that your people drink as mine do. This feels similar to some familiar brews back home. The taste is unfamiliar, though I imagine I will acquire a taste for it before the end." he shakes the jug to emphasize that he means the end of the jug, not the evening. "How long do you think it might be until the streets are relatively safe to travel once more?" He is relaxing into this new taste, taking his time with the cup he has, not particularly concerned with keeping up.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Kromedon, Zhānrén

    Zhānrén: Shrugs. "That depends. Rumor has it a Vulkyrie was killed last night before the dragon appeared. It's been a long while since anyone's risked attacking a Vulkyrie, much less killed one. Locals here usually don't dare picking a fight with them."

    "As a result of that I'm not surprised the Vulkyrie are acting so bloodthirsty. Those creatures don't think of humans as much more than sheep. They'll kill a thousand of us to avenge one of their own without blinking an eye."

    "There's no way of knowing how long this frenzy will last... I can't honestly remember the last time it got this bad. They say a whole group of local mercenaries, 'The Sons of Ishvar', were roasted alive by the Dragon last night."

    "A massacre like that is going to really stir up trouble. A lot of the locals are very devout towards Ishvar, their traditional and ancient deity. 'The Sons of Ishvar' aren't clerics per-se, but they are certainly believers who live by his tenants and seek to do good for his faithful."

    [Kromedon: What do you do?]
    Last edited by Narayan; 05-14-2014 at 03:36 PM.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    47
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Kromedon Broadbeard:

    Kromedon continues to drink the Baiju slowly, he's in no rush to get drunk, there's still some thinking left in the day. "I guess that explains their behavior, not that it necessarily excuses it. The city must still need to operate, there must be people who can travel from one side to the other, mustn’t there? Deliveries, servants, waste management etc. I just need to get to the other side of the city, how long do you think it will be until that becomes feasible, assuming some moderate risk is acceptable?"

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Concord
    Posts
    95
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Xiaolong Shu

    Xiaolong looked back on his comrades and gave a nod as he headed towards the doorway to the bar. Shuffling his way up the stairs from the cellar to the storeroom, the commotion above him masked his passage from the storeroom to the main floor. He looked up past a couple bodies to locate the bar, at this point the seats were filled, he also noticed how the windows were chalked full of individuals curious or generally afraid of the events occurring outside.

    Outside screams were muffled by the fearful mumbling and angry dialogue inside the bar. Xiaolong skillfully slides past moving bodies and stuffs himself between the end of the bar and an occupied bar stool as he tries to wave down the busy bar tender. The bar tender takes his time as Xiaolong isn't the largest or strongest presence in the room.

    Xiaolong keeps his ears open though picking up what he can of local conversations and keeping attentive for the sounds of authoritative shouts attempting to squelch the madness.
    Last edited by Shun001; 05-15-2014 at 12:09 AM.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    gravesend
    Age
    38
    Posts
    49
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Burrai Steelborn

    Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon Master

    A hound see's an opening in Burrai's armor fastened around his ribs and lunges. His fangs tear through the leather straps and sink into his flesh!
    The heavy blade of Burrai's axe sinks deep into the earth, cleaving straight through the hounds shoulder. There's a soft yelp, like a child's single mewl of fear, and the hound falls still in a dark puddle. The sheer presence of the lion, towering over him and glimmering in the night like some mage's illusion, make the battle feel crowded. Chaotic. Burrai turns to shift away - constant movement on the field was a prerequisite of survival - but the earth clings to his axe like hot pitch.

    A flash of fur and Burrai barely has time to realise his stuck axe has dragged a portion of his body out from behind his shield before the hound hits him. The squeal of claws again, but this time not teeth. There's no armour to stop them. Pain lances through his ribs, a quick hot burst, and then the sensention of weight. He grunts but stays on his feet, trying to peel away from the hound, to bring his shield to.....

    The air by nearby suddenly hisses like a snake. He actually feels the arrow as it passes by him, then the soft thud as it strikes home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elloral

    "BURRAI! I'M HIT! I'VE BEEN POISONED I'VE GONE BLIND!"
    Elloral's shout is immediately drowned out by the bestial roars around him. Burrai twists again, trying to make room. The dance of the battle tickles on his subconscious. "GET BEHIND COVER ELLORAL!" He roars. "TWO OF THEM ARE DOWN. JUST MAINTAIN THAT SUMMONING SPELL AND LEAVE THE REST TO US!"

    The hound scrabbling for better purchase on his side reeks of unwashed beast and rank meat. It tries to climb him, hoping for a chance at his throat, but Burrai finally gets his shield arm in the right place and holds it off. On it's hind legs, the hound is nearly as tall as him, though not as heavy. Or as armoured.
    [Activate Combat Expertise: +2 AC, -2 to hit (AC now 23)]

    A grim smirk forms on Burrai's face, little more than a twist of the lips and a baring of his teeth. ~Everyone always forgets you can't only attack around, or over a shield~ he thinks as his axe sweeps low to the ground, beheading blades of grass as it arcs unseen from below.

    [Burrai Attack roll Vs Hound 1: natural 20 (26 overall) = CRITICAL THREAT]
    [Critical Threat Roll: 18 = CONFIRMED]
    [Location: 14 = Chest (Critical effect: -2 CON, +3 DMG)]
    [Critical Damage (x3): 12+15+7=34]
    [Total Damage: 37


    The blade rips upwards, just the faintest tug of resistance as the swing finishes high over his head. Blood bursts into the air, slaps wetly on the ground. Burrai feels the pressure on his shield lessen and he steps aside.

    For a moment the hound stays balanced on its hound legs, as though frozen by some wizard spell. Then it's falls apart, cloven from tail to snout, one half flopping to either side.

    "3 down!"
    Last edited by Hillsy; 05-19-2014 at 02:26 AM.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Arminas, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Sher' Reek, Xiaolong, Yorick

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiaolong
    looked back on his comrades and gave a nod as he headed towards the doorway to the bar. Shuffling his way up the stairs from the cellar to the storeroom, the commotion above him masked his passage from the storeroom to the main floor. He looked up past a couple bodies to locate the bar, at this point the seats were filled, he also noticed how the windows were chalked full of individuals curious or generally afraid of the events occurring outside.

    Outside screams were muffled by the fearful mumbling and angry dialogue inside the bar. Xiaolong skillfully slides past moving bodies and stuffs himself between the end of the bar and an occupied bar stool as he tries to wave down the busy bar tender. The bar tender takes his time as Xiaolong isn't the largest or strongest presence in the room.

    Xiaolong keeps his ears open though picking up what he can of local conversations and keeping attentive for the sounds of authoritative shouts attempting to squelch the madness.
    The bartender does notice the pair of you enter from the back of the tavern, but he doesn't stare or attempt to draw attention to you. The rest of the patrons are indeed preoccupied and terrified by the alarm being raised out in the streets so they aren't distraught about you either. So long as you aren't a Vulkyrie for the time being at least.

    Olo stands by the edge of the bar until the bartender steps over to have a word with him. You can't hear them speak but you can guess that Olo is informing him that you and the others will be leaving soon. You glimpse Olo's quick hands slip something into the bartenders apron... probably those other gems he was promised. Then Olo turns to make his way back to the Cellar.

    Meanwhile, from out of the crowd a familiar faces appears and stands beside you at the bar. It's Ziya, the akhenaten mercenary who was badly burned by the dragon before you went below ground. There is still evidence of the terrible wounds on his face and neck but the damage has been healed to the point that he will live. He also appears to be exhausted.. he must have sat here all night.

    Ziya: -Speaking Common- "Hello again my friend. I've been waiting for you and the others to return. I trust it is alright for us to speak?" He asks in a low voice that is quite raspy and hoarse from the burns.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Arminas, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Sher' Reek, Xiaolong, Yorick

    Meanwhile down in the cellar....

    The Werewolves________________________________________ ______________________________

    Purusartha:
    Speaks to Sauel and Yorick. "We should discuss what our plans are for the full moon tonight. You remember I suggested we should speak with the other werewolves and discuss what's happened. We've effectively declared war now against the Vulkyrie. We must convince other werewolves to join our cause if we have any chance of presenting a real challenge against them."

    Yorick:
    Frowns."Honestly I am nervous to meet more werewolves. I have never known their ways as you do, and I am certainly not as experienced controlling my... beast... as you call it. I would likely only put you both in danger." He says soberly.

    Purusartha: Puts a hand on the big Ahurans shoulder. "You are one of us Yorick, part or our 'pack'. Where we go you should also go. Besides, you've proven yourself a capable warrior with great potential! I'd prefer you with us just in case things get ugly. I think Sauel would agree with me? So what if you step on a few toes and raise a few growls?! Let them challenge you if they dare! I'd bet on a former gladiator like you any day against another werewolf that normally lives as a farmer or a hunter!"

    [Sauel: What do you do?]

    The Acameans __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

    Arminas and Palenrian start to speak in hushed tones after Olo departs the cellar...

    [Emiko, Kitsune, Sher' Reek & Credechzkragar: You are close enough to possibly overhear the Acameans speak. Attempt a DC 15 Listen check.]

    Sher' Reek: (Listen Check, DC 15: = 24, Critical Success)


  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Post Sauel

    "I think I'd prefer to sleep all of tomorrow and tomorrow night away, but I doubt I'll be that lucky. It's not a meeting I should miss out on."

    The last twenty four hours or so had felt like it lasted a few weeks, things constantly busy and changing and working. City life it seemed was a little more than he was prepared for, but like it or not he was here. "Don't worry Yorick, accidentally shifting happens all the time during the full moon, as long as you don't go out of your way to pick fights then anything that happens will probably be overlooked. As Purusartha says, most of them are farmers, carpenters, potters, bakers, and any other manner of civilians; They will probably recognize a seasoned warrior; I'll bet without trying you'll be giving off your aura like when we first met and everyone will steer twenty feet away from you like scared puppies; You'll stick out like a sore thumb". Sauel hoped he was being reassuring.

    Thinking about the first meeting reminded him... "While we're talking about it, the two of us (as visiting outsiders) should probably bring some gifts. A fresh kill can be offered but it's best if you get it from outside their territory. I don't think we want to lug a deer a few Miles; Meat from a Butcher is probably is okay. Jewelry and magical items are acceptable too, long as they are tasteful. Any recommendations Purusartha?"

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Concord
    Posts
    95
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dungeon Master View Post
    The bartender does notice the pair of you enter from the back of the tavern, but he doesn't stare or attempt to draw attention to you. The rest of the patrons are indeed preoccupied and terrified by the alarm being raised out in the streets so they aren't distraught about you either. So long as you aren't a Vulkyrie for the time being at least.

    Olo stands by the edge of the bar until the bartender steps over to have a word with him. You can't hear them speak but you can guess that Olo is informing him that you and the others will be leaving soon. You glimpse Olo's quick hands slip something into the bartenders apron... probably those other gems he was promised. Then Olo turns to make his way back to the Cellar.

    Meanwhile, from out of the crowd a familiar faces appears and stands beside you at the bar. It's Ziya, the akhenaten mercenary who was badly burned by the dragon before you went below ground. There is still evidence of the terrible wounds on his face and neck but the damage has been healed to the point that he will live. He also appears to be exhausted.. he must have sat here all night.

    Ziya: -Speaking Common- "Hello again my friend. I've been waiting for you and the others to return. I trust it is alright for us to speak?" He asks in a low voice that is quite raspy and hoarse from the burns.
    Xiaolong looked over in amazement as Ziya approached him, he places a large grin across his face.

    "Hiya! feel like many year since see friend!" Xiaolong places his hands on Ziya's unburned shoulder and gives him a friendly shake "You look the tired, no sleep?"

    Xiaolong felt concerned for his companion who above all needed to rest his wounds, at this point the bartender turns his attention to Xiaolong not saying a word but giving the universal look of 'I can assist you'

    "Bartender, we take the house ale over here!"
    Xiaolong places his handful of coins Purusartha gave him on the bar as payment and tip.

    "Bless be the Ishvar, he take the care you, maybe watch the me too. We deal the blow very strong to the evil one." he lets out a serious look on his face. "Hopefully Kitesvara can forgive this old one for want the revenge but, they not people in my eye. Nothing more then the animal those one."

    While caught up in this more pleasant dialogue Xiaolong would periodically pause and listen to the crowd for any forewarning of immediate danger. If anything would threaten the group or Ziya, Xiaolong knew the resolve he would need to stand up to them.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    aurora
    Posts
    218
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Cred

    Cred does not hear any of them speaking, because he is taking a well deserved nap, as he waits for the moment when they need to get moving again. Until such time he is winding down and allowing his mind the chance it needs to get a quick get nap so he can be alert later.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •