Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Part 1: Act 3: Scene 1 - Page 10
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 136 to 150 of 150

Thread: Part 1: Act 3: Scene 1

  1. #136
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    gravesend
    Age
    38
    Posts
    49
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Post Burrai Steelborn

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rol View Post
    "How interesting! It sounds like you really have something noteworthy to speak of? I may not look tough, but I've lived my whole life in the shadow of Skull Mountain... I've witnessed and heard plenty of terrible things!"
    Burrai listens to the conversation with only half an ear. Despite the apparently safe surroundings, he's not such a fool to let his attention drift completely to the conversation at hand. The ripping snores of Rol's partner, Gilbur, are loud in the otherwise quiet night. But between them, Burrai searches for the sounds of stealthy feet, daggers being drawn, the distant howl of wild hounds gathering in the distance....

    ...that is until the mention of Skull mountain. Tonight agents from the black network come down to harry him from his home, and now a traveler from there bids the to join his fire. He asses Rol again, but sees only a dwarf keeping watch by a fire. And besides, who would be so artless to drop a name like Skull mountain were he planning something malevolent. Burrai narrows his eyes, his left turned into a single dark tunnel by his ugly scars, as though it were just a hole bored into his skull. Rol glances at Burrai, sees the dark thoughts turning, and stiffens, taken aback.

    ~King Erver ill.... a traveler moving clear of the shadow of the Black Network's Fortress. Those same agents abroad looking for a book inked with evil. A simple craftsman setting a watch in the shade of town walls. There's more afoot here than I know, and it seems to all stem from the same place~

    "Perhaps Rol, you can help us with a few things? Elloral here might not want to speak of politics, per say, but certain events might be of interest to us anyway. You say you lived near to Skull Mountain, and at the moment, news of anything.....worrying from there would be valuable to us."

    "Anything unusual like unsettling rumors and strange occurrences... that sort of thing. I'd be happy to pay for such news with a little coin, and if its relevant to us I will share some of our own story with you. If I'm right, our words may serve you just as well.
    "

    Burrai leans back, clearly placing his hands away from his axe - a typical Dwarven gesture: Speak freely, I will take no offence.

    [Burrai will watch Rol carefully as he answers, trying to figure out from his body language whether he's holding back information, or if he's hiding his true feelings when he answers. Sense Motive Check: 8]
    Last edited by Narayan; 06-25-2014 at 10:42 PM.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Main Group

    It doesn't take very long for the jail wagon to reach the park beside Wrusks Tannery next to the outer wall. Normally it's a quieter neighborhood with more shops than homes, but with the timing of this city-wide alarm that actually makes it more dangerous. Many people trying to do business here found shelter hard to find. Some had no alternative but to flee into the park. A few bodies can be seen through the trees in the middle of a nearby clearing with javelins stuck through them. Other then that though, you see no movement. It's been long enough now that anyone in the open who couldn't find a door to slip through has likely been killed or captured by the Vulkyrie.

    City Watch Sergeant: -Speaks low- "Looks clear!"

    The rest of you take a look for yourselves out the side of the wagon.

    Purusartha: (Spot check: = 14)

    Arminas:
    (Spot check: = 19)

    Cred:
    (Spot check: = 11)

    Emiko:
    (Spot check: = 17)

    Palenrian:
    (Spot check: = 15)

    Sauel:
    (Spot check: = 18)

    - Rabi: (Spot Check: = 12)

    Sher' Reek:
    (Spot check: = 16)

    Xiaolong:
    (Spot check: = 9)

    Yorick:
    (Spot check: = 23)

    __________________________________________________ ____________________

    Purusartha:
    "Ok everyone out!"

    Yorick: {Holds up his hand} "Wait! Somethings out there..." The big Ahuran whispers... pointing towards the clearing with the javelin-speared bodies.

    Only then do the rest of you notice a figure crouching in the shadows of a small grove of trees on the outskirts of the clearing about 40 yards\away. It's hard to make out features accurately at this distance beneath cover... but you do glimpse it has fur, claws, and a long tail... a Wererat!

    [Everyone: What do you do?]


    Last edited by Narayan; 06-28-2014 at 05:06 PM.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    "Do you think it's spying on us?!" She exclaims in a hushed tone to Purusartha.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Main Group

    Quote Originally Posted by Emiko
    "Do you think it's spying on us?!" She exclaims in a hushed tone to Purusartha.
    Purusartha: {Peers closely at it and frowns} -answers in a hushed tone- "Hard to say at this distance... but stands to reason if we can see it, it can see us. There may even be others out there... However, if I know anything about Wererats it's that they'd do a better job then that at hiding if they were trying to lay an ambush for us. My guess is... it's hiding from something else?"

    City Watch Sergeant: "If you're gonna go, you should go! It's too suspicious for us to sit still like this."

    Purusartha: {grimaces and gestures for everyone to huddle close} -speaks softly- "This is a tough decision... if we go through the park, we'll be seen by that wererat and we don't want to lead any of their kind to the safehouse. We could exit the wagon now and enter the tannery through the front door... but then we might be spotted on the street and the city watch in this wagon would know generally where we're hiding... A third option is to tell the sergeant to turn the wagon around and take us back through the streets, closer to the tannery's main entrance at the other side of the park, which isn't without risk either. Any other ideas?"

    City Watch Sergeant: -speaks more urgently- "I'm serious, make up your mind!"

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Post Sauel

    "I have some dust of dispersion..." Sauel suggests. "Although I'm not sure how effective that would be at keeping us from being spotted... Might be just enough..."

    Sauel looks to another of the nearby buildings. "If there's a window on this side of the building we can enter and wait for a bit until the wererat leaves... Or go through it and out one of the the other sides..." That was sounding better and better... Not that it would help with their scent though. And fighting was a bad idea with vulkyries on alert and looking for any reason to attack anything. "Or we can try tossing the bomb I have still at it and make a dash for it...." It seemed like the worst idea so far, lots of attention and likely the area would be kept an eye on for at least a few days if not weeks. "I think I'd rather go through the building if it's an option... Or get out a little further down the road to the other alleyway..."
    Last edited by rtcvb32; 06-25-2014 at 07:38 PM.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Concord
    Posts
    95
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Post Xiaolong Shu

    Xiaolong ponders as he looks down at his hands clasped together, elbows resting on his knees.

    "you all go to the place safe..."
    he says calmly then his tone changes to an unpleasant threat.

    "dare not follow me hear you all!?"

    At that moment he immediately jumps up and kicks open the door, leaping from the wagon. His feet actually kick dust up from the cobblestoned street as he sprints into the park towards the wererat.

    ~It's time to keep my promise to those monsters that this old man will deliver an exotic beast like none has ever seen~

    He readies himself to grapple the Wererat with burning resolve.

    ~goodbye you all... it was fun playing hero again~
    Last edited by Narayan; 06-26-2014 at 02:02 AM.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    Emiko looks shocked at Xiaolong's burst of bravery. At first she moves her hands as if to stop him, but stops and looks to Purusartha, to see what she should do.

    (She intends to follow Purusartha in silence in this choice.)

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Ersun, Izel

    Quote Originally Posted by Ersun
    “You’ve been watching me for years…” He says. Really, if he was being watched so much they should have a thought about his wants and needs, or maybe they weren’t watching That much after all.

    “I have to turn it back to you. You can’t really expect me to jump into this based merely on so much… It is quite a leap of faith, especially knowing what little I know about the Kingdom of Vulkh, and I don’t expect there to be a way for me to change my mind if things turn sour once I step in there.” He calmly points out and wonders how much is he wearing down Izel’s patience, if not else at least that’s a good test of his personality.

    “So, compensation... I don’t want wealth, or borrowed respect among the tribe, no. What I’ll ask for is knowledge, and you to also confide in me, as I have no wish to leap into dark waters without knowing what awaits beneath the surface. Not everything right now of course, but for the sake of my hide, I need more than this.” He spreads his hands a bit, as if he laid out his cards. Thinking on it, representing his case with actual cards would’ve been entertaining, it’s an idea he’ll save for another time.
    Izel looks at you blankly, but there is evidence of frustration, verging on anger in his face as lines of tension around his eyes and mouth.

    Izel: "Hmph... so stubborn! You remind me a lot of myself at your age Ersun. I was never satisfied with half the truth either... but a man in my position has to make certain precautions."

    "Explaining any more then you need to know wouldn't make you any safer in the kingdom of Vulkh. If they interrogated you, what I tell you could make the tribe vulnerable."
    {Sighs}

    "You speak of dark waters... the truth is we are all already up to our neck in great danger here, but you and most of the tribe go about your lives in blissful ignorance because you're better off not knowing if you aren't willing to risk yourself for the rest of us!"

    {stands as if to leave and looks down at you.} "Don't think so highly of yourself Ersun, and be careful what you wish for! You aren't ready to stand in my shoes yet, but I'm giving you a chance to stand with me and serve the tribe as one of its protectors. This is your last chance, what shall it be?"
    Last edited by Narayan; 06-25-2014 at 10:26 PM.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Burrai, Elloral

    Quote Originally Posted by Burrai
    listens to the conversation with only half an ear. Despite the apparently safe surroundings, he's not such a fool to let his attention drift completely to the conversation at hand. The ripping snores of Rol's partner, Gilbur, are loud in the otherwise quiet night. But between them, Burrai searches for the sounds of stealthy feet, daggers being drawn, the distant howl of wild hounds gathering in the distance....

    ...that is until the mention of Skull mountain. Tonight agents from the black network come down to harry him from his home, and now a traveler from there bids the to join his fire. He asses Rol again, but sees only a dwarf keeping watch by a fire. And besides, who would be so artless to drop a name like Skull mountain were he planning something malevolent. Burrai narrows his eyes, his left turned into a single dark tunnel by his ugly scars, as though it were just a hole bored into his skull. Rol glances at Burrai, sees the dark thoughts turning, and stiffens, taken aback.

    ~King Erver ill.... a traveler moving clear of the shadow of the Black Network's Fortress. Those same agents abroad looking for a book inked with evil. A simple craftsman setting a watch in the shade of town walls. There's more afoot here than I know, and it seems to all stem from the same place~

    "Perhaps Rol, you can help us with a few things? Elloral here might not want to speak of politics, per say, but certain events might be of interest to us anyway. You say you lived near to Skull Mountain, and at the moment, news of anything.....worrying from there would be valuable to us."

    "Anything unusual like unsettling rumors and strange occurrences... that sort of thing. I'd be happy to pay for such news with a little coin, and if its relevant to us I will share some of our own story with you. If I'm right, our words may serve you just as well.
    "

    Burrai leans back, clearly placing his hands away from his axe - a typical Dwarven gesture: Speak freely, I will take no offence.

    [Burrai will watch Rol carefully as he answers, trying to figure out from his body language whether he's holding back information, or if he's hiding his true feelings when he answers. Sense Motive Check: 8]

    Rol: {Raises his brows and shifts his weight nervously in his chair feeling the threat of Burrai's stare} "Unsettling rumors from Skull Mountain? Are there any other kind?" He asks rhetorically with a hint of dark humor. "Keep your coin friend, I do well enough already, but I'll be happy to share what I know..."

    "My home town, Andar, lies in the hills west of Ayuthaya, close to Skull Mountain. I grew up hearing all the stories, most of which kept me up at night as a boy..."
    {sighs} "My grandfather was a friend of the mountain dwarves. He spoke fondly of the Dwarven Kingdom of Whurgythmora so I know many of its legends."

    "When Torgrimm IronAxe tried to reclaim the mountain, my grandfather joined his army and convinced several others from our clan to do the same. Unfortunately my grandfather was the only one who returned, and I'm sad to say he was the last of my clan to fight alongside the mountain dwarves. That terrible battle haunted him to the last of his days..."


    {clears his throat} "But I digress... we were talking about Skull Mountain. Yes there are many terrible rumors about that place. My town knows it's evil better then most. Several times a year something from Skull Mountains attacks us. Usually its goblinoids, but worse things have appeared. Once I even witnessed an attack by a pair of young Hill Giants. They collapsed a few buildings and killed two dozen townsfolk before we managed to chase them off."

    "Scary thing is I'm sure those giants aren't even the strongest monsters that lurk on Skull Mountain. Frankly I'm amazed our town hasn't been destroyed. Other towns near to Skull Mountain have fallen, but Andar remains relatively untouched. My clan credits our warriors but I believe in another explanation..."


    Rol pauses, glancing over his shoulder at Gilburs tent still rumbling with his snores.

    -asks in a softer voice- "...have you heard of the Black Network?"

    [Make a Listen check]








    Last edited by Narayan; 06-26-2014 at 02:03 AM.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Kromedon, Zhānrén

    Quote Originally Posted by Zemile View Post
    Kromedon Broadbeard
    Kromedon relaxes in his chair, trying to ignore the fact that he may be in for a long unpleasant journey. "The laws here do seem to be a little unreasonable. I'm a little surprised people still live here, I would think they would have left. There are other more reasonable places out there."
    Zhānrén: {frowns} "Akhenatens are a resilient people, capable of enduring great suffering helping each other. Of course I've asked them why they don't revolt against their winged rulers? Most of the time the answer is simply a fear for the safety of their families. The majority of Akhenatens in Vulkh are quite poor. Families often fall apart if both parents aren't present providing for their children."

    "And then of course, there's the Vulfear to worry about. A secret network of spies, informants and thugs that serve the Vulkyrie. Any whisper of rebellion here can lead to a very unpleasant torturing session in the Vulkyrie dungeons, or perhaps even slavery down in the mines of the undercity."

    "Smugglers like Samad are rare in these lands. I admire his courage, but I worry about him and his family... and old Porso of course. Samad was lucky to survive his years in prison, but I think he had help. His old network of business contacts probably bribed guards and hired protection for him."

    "Without a safe way to organize, and no respectable leaders to rule afterwards, a rebellion may never succeed..."

    Samad: "Quite right..." He says descending back down into the cellar. It's surprising, even impressive for the old smuggler to have overheard anything you said outside of the cellar.

    "Have you tried Tejj before sir dwarf? It is a spiced honeyed wine, made from the berries of a rare desert shrub,flavored with exotic ingredients. Tejj is kept in a round fat-bottomed bottle called a Berelle, shaped to enhance its aromatic properties."

    "Back when I was still a merchant, Tejj was one of my most popular and profitable exports! Some of the best Tejj-merchants in Masaeus are still kind enough to let me sample their wares. This one here..." {gestures to the Berelle he carries} "...is known as the 'nectar of the desert', which I only open on special occasions... Luckily for you a visit from my dear friend Zhānrén qualifies... just barely!" {winks at Zhānrén}

    Samad grabs some cups from the cupboards and fills them each with the sweet desert wine. He and
    Zhānrén both lift the cups to their nose, sampling its delightful aroma before they drink.

    "Careful, i
    t's flavor is very sweet, you won't taste the alcohol content making it easy to drink too much!" Samad warns you.

    [Kromedon:
    What do you do?]
    Last edited by Narayan; 06-27-2014 at 03:20 PM.

  11. #146
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Budapest
    Age
    26
    Posts
    40
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Ersun

    He takes a sip while watching Izel.

    "Alright, I'll take it." He lets in. Although he is curious if Izel will sit back down or rather leave and message him later.

    “Apologies for stressing it that far.” He says with a smile and a nod as if they are in understanding.

    “Who’d have been the next pick in case I refuse?” There should be no harm in knowing that, it’s a really insignificant detail.

    He slightly leans on his hand as he thinks if further. Another interesting question is what would’ve happened to him if he refused, he doubts Izel would’ve left it at this. Maybe he should’ve pushed some more buttons after all, but maybe he can just talk that out eventually as well. Then maybe, it’d have been more prudent focusing more on getting on the better side of the man instead…

  12. #147
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    aurora
    Posts
    218
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Cred

    As Xiaolong Shu leaps from the wagon and heads at the Wererat, he sends a silent prayer up for Xiaolong Shu.
    Last edited by Narayan; 06-27-2014 at 07:25 PM.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Main Group

    Quote Originally Posted by Emiko
    looks shocked at Xiaolong's burst of bravery. At first she moves her hands as if to stop him, but stops and looks to Purusartha, to see what she should do.

    (She intends to follow Purusartha in silence in this choice.)
    Purusartha: {grimaces} "Old fool! Everyone out!" Pursartha exclaims.

    Once you all clamber out of the wagon Purusartha starts to walk briskly down the street towards Wrusks Tannery.

    "Follow me! Don't run!" He says urgently. As you all move away from the park Purusartha speaks
    to Emiko. "You couldn't have stopped him Emiko. This close to the full moon I fear Jiao will appear again. We would be wise to be elsewhere when he does!"

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Post Sauel

    Sauel could only be slightly annoyed at what the Xaio was doing going solo. Still the pull of the nearly full moon was affecting Sauel too, making him more anxious, hyped up almost even while as tired as he was. Frowning a little he gets out and follows Purusartha. Once again he hoped for a quiet night, but he already hoped multiple times and didn't get it. Just about anything could happen.

    "Come Rabi, stay quiet for a while" Sauel tells the wolf as they leave.

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Thumbs up Experience Award Time!

    __________________________________________________ __

    <End of Scene 1>



    Experience Award Time
    (* = Normal xp adjusted for bloodlines, roleplaying xp is not penalized for bloodlines like normal xp)

    Main Group______________________________________

    PC's

    Crdechzkragar - 500 xp + 300 bonus roleplaying xp +1 Build Point
    Emiko - 500 xp + 300 bonus roleplaying xp +1
    Build Point
    Sauel - *300 xp + 200 bonus roleplaying xp +1
    Build Point
    Xiaolong - 500 xp + 300 bonus roleplaying xp +1
    Build Point

    NPC's
    Arminas - 500 xp
    Olo - 500 xp
    Purusartha - 500 xp
    Sher' Reek - 500 xp
    Yorick - 500 xp

    __________________________________________________ __

    Other Group_________________________________________

    PC's
    Burrai - 500 xp + 500 bonus roleplaying xp +1 Build Point
    Kromedon - 500 xp + 300 bonus roleplaying xp +1 Build Point

    NPC's
    Elloral - 500 xp
    Zhānrén - 500 xp
    __________________________________________________ __

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •