Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Part 1: Act 3: Scene 1
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 150

Thread: Part 1: Act 3: Scene 1

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Part 1: Act 3: Scene 1

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Inside the Cellar of the Drunken Fool____________________

    After Olo lights his lantern, you recognize everything within this cellar is just as you left it several hours ago (feels like days now). Smaller then Wrusks with a low ceiling, it is cramped
    with old junk. It contains nothing much of real value besides some old rugs and tapestries and a well used spinning-wheel. There is only the single stairwell leading up into the taverns storage room above.

    Arminas: Sits Palenrian down somewhere he can be comfortable and gives him another potion. (Heals 11 Damage)

    Sher' Reek: Looks quite nervous at first, shielding her eyes from the bright lantern, glancing around and sniffing at the air. However, after a few moments she seems to focus on helping Crdechzkragar, kneeling beside him where Xialong had placed him. She pours the healing potion Sauel gave her down his throat... (Heals 12 Damage)

    [Everyone: What do you do?]


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    47
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Kromedon Broadbeard

    Kromedon pays the serving girl the six silver without pause, happy to see the jug is still sealed. When the older woman shows up he sets the jug down to offer her his full attention. "Now that you mention it, no, I have not had Baiju before." He motions to the seat across from him at his table. "I doubt it is strong by Dwarven standards, I'm sure I would do just fine but I would be happy to share it with you. Especially if you can shed some light on whatever it is that's going on outside."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Kromedon Broadbeard

    Caishian Woman: Slides into an opposite chair and stretches, cracking her neck. She definitely appears very flexible, athletic, and likely much stronger then she looks. You'd guess her age to be early 30's. "Well, obviously the Vulkyrie have another bone to pick with someone today..." {Snorts, glancing at the chaos outside} "Last night was so bad, what with the dragon and all, it was anyone's guess what today would bring." {Frowns} "Spend enough time in this cursed place and you learn to expect things to only get worse."

    She waits for you to cut away the wax and uncork the jug and realizes the serving girl forgot to bring cups.

    Caishian Woman: "Dumb girl forgot to bring cups!" She mutters irritably and twists in her chair to shout. -Speaking Caishian- "Bǎ bēi!"
    The serving girl returns, red-faced, with two cups. The Caishian woman scolds her for a moment, then looks back to you and slides you a cup.

    Caishian Woman:
    "Please pardon her... they're all terrified and likely didn't sleep much last night."

    [Translation: -Caishian- "Bǎ bēi!" = "Bring Cups!"]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Post Sauel

    Sauel aware of his current hybrid form and not wanting to cause any panic for anyone outside of the cellar wills and lets himself shift rather quietly back into human form. Once shifted he takes a few moments to gather himself, although currently with the lack of sleep it is beginning to get harder and harder to form complex thoughts. Leaning his back against one of the walls he slips the dust of dispersion back into his pouch before touching his hand to his temple as he gets re-oriented above the surface, and the other hand touches and strokes Rabi on the head. "Good to see you too Rabi, I've missed you."

    Sauel is rather glad to see Sher' Reek giving Cred the potion he offered her. It was curious to see the strength of her devotion, although sauel was more curious if that was from one's natural tendencies to cling to what you know, and Cred being the only kobold there among strangers, or if she whole heartedly devoted herself to Cred and Urseroth's cause.

    Still a reminder the endeavor didn't go without cost, Emiko's companion had fallen (whom before that he had not really met). It might have been possible to infect him as he died, but the real question if he was successful, would he have wanted it? Well that choice was gone now, if they went for resurrection or for simply returning his body to his family would have to be seen.

    It felt like a lifetime ago, and yet not. Sauel frowned as he rubbed his temple trying to thing. It felt like he was missing something, like he was suppose to do something or remember something when they returned. It was probably nothing. "I don't know about you Rabi, but I'm tired. Maybe later we can get some stew from the nice lady..."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    47
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Kromedon Broadbeard

    Kromedon doesn't appear to be surprised by either the lack of cups, or their ordering. He had been planning to drink alone after all, and the cups here are likely to be filthy as the name suggests. He busies himself with removing the wax and uncorking the jug while she orders the cups. This may be his first jug of Baiju, but wax and cork seals only come in so many styles and this is hardly his first. "I had surmised much of that, but it is nice to know that I'm not the only one who isn't entirely certain what to expect. I hate to drink with strangers, my name is Kromedon Broadbeard." having finished uncorking the jug, he holds out a hand in greeting to go with his name.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cordova
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Emiko

    {Emiko looks bewildered at Ghost's words and actions before he leaves. She takes a moment to adjust herself, and climbs through the portal with the others. She picks up Kitsune, drags her pack with her to one of the side walls, and sits on the floor up against the wall with Kit in her lap. She stares off at the ground as if there is something going on that the others can't see.}

    ~(The feeling of Ghost in a cold mist form upon her skin brings back memories. Memories of Emiko waking to find her village turned to ashes by her own uncontrolled powers fills her head. She remembers the smell and the smoke swirling up from the cold snow, and the cold mist from the wind.) If he only knew how much of a ghost I am... Yes Kit.... We are safe for now... Soon we can rest I hope...~

    {Kitsune reaches up to lick Emiko's face, and snap her out of her thoughts. Emiko snaps out of it, and turns her attention to watching the others in silence. She waits to hear what the next course of action will be.}

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    gravesend
    Age
    38
    Posts
    49
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Burrai Steelborn

    The Hounds fall on him, a writhing mass of fur, teeth and rage. But this isn't the first time Burrai has been outnumbered. Staying low behind his shield, he allows the sights, sounds and flow of the battle to bleed into his subconscious, letting his instincts guide him as much as anything. The hounds gnash and snarl, but their teeth are no match for his heavy plates, and he has no plans to let them bite anything else.

    There's the snap of a bowstring and Burrai whips round on instinct, the visible parts of his face covered. He feels the arrow clip the edge of his shield and ricochet harmlessly upwards off his pauldron. There's a flicker of light, a heavy scent in the air like the first drops of dew in spring gathering on a pile of fresh honeyblossom - a sweet, clean smell - and the Hobgoblin cries out in agony. Elloral! With her experience, he shouldn't be surprised by her ability to smite evil. All he needed to do was draw the battle around him, give her the space to......

    Quote Originally Posted by Elloral View Post
    Elloral screams as the Hound clamps its jaws over her outstretched hand, growling savagely and refusing to release it's hold!
    He spins around, smoothly sidestepping another flurry of claws and teeth. One of the beast is half leaning through the window, Perched up on it's hind legs to seize Ellroal's hand. ~Damn that hound. I swear I counted four around me.~ Burrai moves backwards, using his shield to forge a short path and make room for the wide, sweeping blow from his axe.

    ~If I can move that hound from the window, I can make a stand there, giving Elloral the space and cover she needs. If they want to get to her, they'll have to go through me~

    ....And no one had made it through Burrai Steelborn yet!


    [Burrai Attack roll Vs Hound 4: 22 = HIT][Location: 17 = Throat (+1 Bleeding Damage per round][Damage: 8]

    Glimmering in the moonlight, a crescent of silver, Burrai's axe arcs around and takes the hound above the shoulders. Blood sprays across the wall, a darker pattern dashed across darker wood to his monochrome sight. The lip of the axe snags around the hound's throat. It yelps in pain, releases it's grip.

    "Down Boy!" Burrai snarls and, one foot planted against the wall, rips the beast from the window sill, casting it into its pack members. His back thuds against the wall, and he positions his shield between Elloral and the battle. "Focus on that Hobgoblin. I'll hold off these mutts!"
    Last edited by Hillsy; 05-06-2014 at 12:57 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    aurora
    Posts
    218
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Cred

    As the healing potion takes effect and his wounds begin to mend, He props himself up and looks around the room. Seeing they are again back in the cellar, glancing around to make sure everyone made it back. Noting that all was well finally he lays back down and closes his eyes ready for some much needed sleep and communion with Userwroth.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Concord
    Posts
    95
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Xiaolong Shu

    Xiaolong rests sitting on the cellar floor looking at his companions.

    "best rest, recover strength get the food in body."
    he states

    He then looks to Purusartha and Olo

    "Where we be safe rest? Should wait here or move somewhere else"
    he inquires wondering of the security of the current location

    "Also Master of Northern Dog (Purusartha) any food or the drink? can't strait thinking with pain in the head I have"
    He smiles and begins knocking his fist against the side of his head trying to make the situation more lighthearted.

    "Maybe while we eat we can get know each other more" he states scanning the group "Best know new friend yes?"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Arminas, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Sher' Reek, Xiaolong, Yorick

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiaolong
    "best rest, recover strength get the food in body." he states

    He then looks to Purusartha and Olo

    "Where we be safe rest? Should wait here or move somewhere else"
    he inquires wondering of the security of the current location

    "Also Master of Northern Dog
    (Purusartha) any food or the drink? can't strait thinking with pain in the head I have" He smiles and begins knocking his fist against the side of his head trying to make the situation more lighthearted.

    "Maybe while we eat we can get know each other more" he states scanning the group "Best know new friend yes?"


    Olo:
    Looks to Xiaolong."Would that I could Xiaolong. I am sure I would be fascinated to speak more with a Werebull like yourself, but this is not the time or place for that. That bartender upstairs will likely get nervous the moment the city watch show themselves. The Vulkyrie have no doubt raised the alarm city-wide by now. The streets will not be safe for anyone. And I must return to my men so we can get back to our posts before we are caught moonlighting."

    Purusartha: "
    You've done more then enough already Olo. We are close to our safehouse, but still too far to be certain we can make it unseen. I will send a message to Thiara asking her for help. "

    Olo: "Very well, but do it quickly."

    Purusartha: Removes the Sending Stone Thiara gave him and closes his eyes to concentrate on sending a telepathic message to her. A few minutes pass... and then he opens his eyes again. "She says she will be sending help shortly. She says whatever happens, remain calm and take no aggressive action, despite what our instincts warn us."

    Olo: "I trust her so I suggest you do the same. Meanwhile, let me go upstairs and give the barkeep the rest of his promised gems... that should keep him happy a little longer as all hell breaks loose above us. One of you may wish to come upstairs also and keep an eye on him and whatever's going on, as a lookout for the rest of you. Who shall it be?"
    Last edited by Narayan; 05-06-2014 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Reacting to Xiaolong's post

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hermiston
    Posts
    316
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Post Sauel

    Sauel didn't feel like a good choice again for a lookout, mostly because he was tired, unarmed, and knowing less of the bustling city life compared to pack life there could be plenty of things he should be looking for that he would otherwise miss. And Rabi likely was too excited by his return that he wouldn't want to be left alone for a while, so having a wolf might make people nervous. But in reality those could just be considered excuses.

    "If no one else wishes to, I can..." He tried not to let the reluctance show in his voice, but being tired as much as he was it was apparent he wasn't looking forward to it. The kobolds might cause a stir so they were unlikely. Emiko might work, but she seemed distracted quite often and cursed in another language, she confused him for now. Yorick still had anger issues and was recently freed from slavery so he probably was more in the dark then Sauel. Xaiolong... he wasn't sure about.

    Then there was the Elf and Purusartha who both seemed like the best choices. He trusted Purusartha more than the elf who he just met. Sauel would just have to see if anyone wanted the job more than him.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation Burrai, Elloral

    __________________________________________________ ________

    <Start of Round 2>


    • Bleeding Damage ( * )
    • Fire Damage ( # )
    • Cold Damage ( @ )
    • Spell Damage ( ^ )
    • Poison Damage ( ! )


    The order of initiative is:

    (21) Fiendish Hound 1
    (21) Fiendish Hound 3 (-8)(-8)(-1*)
    (20) Hobgoblin (-13^)
    (18) Elloral (-7)
    (18) Celestial Lion (-4)
    (14) Fiendish Hound 2
    (06) Fiendish Hound 4 (-8)(-1*)
    (04) Burrai
    __________________________________________________ ________

    Fiendish Hound 1: (Bite Attack at Burrai: = 8, Miss)
    Fiendish Hound 3: (Bite Attack at Burrai: = 15, Miss)

    The hounds begin to advance again, snarling and snapping, seeking weaknesses in your armor and failing.

    HobGoblin: (Fires Arrow at Burrai: = 9, Possible Fumble!)(Fumble Check: = 26, Not a Fumble)

    Elloral: Curses angrily as blood drips from her wounded hand. [This will require her to make a DC15 Concentration check to successfully cast a spell] Attempts to cast Summon Monster IV. (Concentration check, DC 15: = 15, Success)

    Suddenly, a glowing Celestial Lion appears beside Burrai and lets out a mighty Roar leaping into combat with Fiendish Hound 3.

    Celestial Lion:
    1. (Attacks Fiendish Hound 3 with first claw attack: = 12, Miss)
    2. (Attacks Fiendish Hound 3 with second Claw Attack: = 18, Hit)(Location: Ribs)(Damage: =8)
    3. (Attacks Fiendish Hound 3 with Bite Attack: = 17, Hit)(Location: Throat)(Damage: = 8)


    Fiendish Hound 2: (Bite Attack at Celestial Lion: = 22, Hit)(Location: Right Foreleg)(Damage: = 9, -5 DR)

    Fiendish Hound 4: (Bite Attack at Celestial Lion: = 11, Miss)

    [Burrai: It is your turn, what do you do?]


    Last edited by Narayan; 05-13-2014 at 02:37 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    gravesend
    Age
    38
    Posts
    49
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Burrai Steelborn

    The coppery smell of blood. The light breeze wheezing through his armour. The musky stench of the fiendish hounds. The yaps and snarls swirling around him - Burrai loses himself to the battle, focusing on little, reacting to every message from his senses however small, but fighting the exhilaration of the adrenaline in his veins. With his back protected, Burrai easily interposes his shield in the way of the next assault. Metal squalls as the lip of his shield is gnawed and raked by tooth and claw, sending vibrations up his thick arm as he holds two of the hounds at bay. The dull thud as an arrow sinks into the wood well above his head.

    From the corner of his eye he sees a thick mist suddenly condense, like smoke spilling from an invisible fire. Except within flicker tiny motes of bright light instead of the black flecks of ash, almost like tiny stars drawn down from heaven.

    "What the - " Burrai manages before in unison the the motes swell and burst, the mist catching fire, not with flame, but with the cleanest, purest light. He blinks, and next to him stands a lion. Opaque, glowing and with tides of light ebbing through it, it opens its mouth to the skies and roars, the bestial noise shot through with an angelic choir straining for a perfect note. Its beautiful; the sound reaches through him, bringing tears to his eyes and joy to his heart. He feels lighter, stronger.....

    .....and the roar ends as the Celestial Lion falls upon the pack of hounds. Two heavy swipes from its paws, one dashing blood into the air, before the lion sinks its teeth into throat of the hound pinned against his shield. He doesn't even feel the blows, but the hound bleeds anyway. Burrai glances over his shoulder and Elloral, bleeding hand slightly extended through the window, mutters soft words, eyes closed in concentration.

    ~A few spells that might help, huh? I never had her as one for understatement~

    Openings like this were few and far between in battles like this, and Burrai isn't about to let it slip. With a grunt he levers the remaining hound scrabbling against his shield away, freeing his axe arm. The hound he had already dropped is writhing to it's feet, snapping and clawing at the lion's foreleg, trying to emulate the beast who'd sunk it's teeth into the lion's other one. Burrai raises his axe high overhead and brings its slicing downwards like a blade of silvery moonlight......

    [Activate Combat Expertise: -2 to hit, +2 to AC (now 23)]
    [Attack Roll vs Fiendish Hound 4 (+6): 25 = Hit][Location Roll: 3 = Right Arm][Damage Roll (1d10+5): 14]


    ........and buries it deep into the hound's legs, opening a rent in the fur. Blood pools in the dirt, thick and black to his darkvision like night itself was seeping out of the earth.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Concord
    Posts
    95
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Post Xiaolong Shu

    Quote Originally Posted by rtcvb32 View Post
    Sauel didn't feel like a good choice again for a lookout, mostly because he was tired, unarmed, and knowing less of the bustling city life compared to pack life there could be plenty of things he should be looking for that he would otherwise miss. And Rabi likely was too excited by his return that he wouldn't want to be left alone for a while, so having a wolf might make people nervous. But in reality those could just be considered excuses.

    "If no one else wishes to, I can..." He tried not to let the reluctance show in his voice, but being tired as much as he was it was apparent he wasn't looking forward to it. The kobolds might cause a stir so they were unlikely. Emiko might work, but she seemed distracted quite often and cursed in another language, she confused him for now. Yorick still had anger issues and was recently freed from slavery so he probably was more in the dark then Sauel. Xaiolong... he wasn't sure about.

    Then there was the Elf and Purusartha who both seemed like the best choices. He trusted Purusartha more than the elf who he just met. Sauel would just have to see if anyone wanted the job more than him.
    Xiaolong looked to Sauel...

    "look the out need? I fit job very good..."


    He looked to Purusartha and Olo

    "I can go out keep the watch, see help come... Hear danger come sooner"


    He then gestures to his old wrinkled ears

    "vison not so good more this one, but the ear still sharp like young."


    He smiled as he walked up to Purusartha...

    "one thing needed if I must go be look the out, any have coin for drink... need to appear drunk to put them off the guard yes?"
    Last edited by Shun001; 05-09-2014 at 10:12 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antioch
    Age
    36
    Posts
    792
    Blog Entries
    2
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Post Arminas, Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Olo, Purusartha, Sauel, Sher' Reek, Xiaolong, Yorick

    Purusartha: Reaches into his clothes to hand Xiaolong a small coin purse. (Contains 12 silver and 16 copper) "Very well Xiaolong, I'd do it myself but it may be better for you to serve as a lookout since you aren't as well known as I am. Don't go outside though, there'll be guards everywhere on the streets since the alarm's been sounded. You don't want to get hassled. Just go sit at the bar upstairs. If guards come in looking like they're out to arrest or question anyone, accidentally break a bottle on the floor. That'll alert us to the danger. If need be, we'll try and make a run for it out the back door to Wrusks."

    Olo: Nods. "Xiaolong, your clothes are a bit tattered now since they ripped when Jiao appeared, but the ruse we were using down below should still work. Pretend to be a slaver, come to Masaeus to trade but lost your stock to the chaos in the streets last night. It'd be easy to imagine why you'd be in a mood for drinking looking like you were just attacked and lost everything." The halfling says leading the way up the stairwell into the storage room above, leaving the lantern behind to provide the rest of you with light.

    [Everyone:
    What do you do?]
    Last edited by Narayan; 05-10-2014 at 12:45 AM.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •